Autopsy NM vs Saints - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots to be excited about for next season really. Even if we miss some main targets it's clear there are some very high quality players running around in our list.

Froggy Dumont has the capacity to go elite. Is a genuine gun.

I think four players played their last game for us today. If we get in the guys we have in our sights then it's just the nature of the game.

Really? Interesting call.

Clearly Waite. Possibly Thompson, but I think he'll get one more year. I assume Hrovat is your 3rd player and I'm on the fence about him staying. Probably just doesn't do enough to justify staying on the list. And who's number 4 - Clarke? No chance of him being de-listed, IMO.

Maybe you're thinking of others.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
I was pretty pissed off in the 2nd half.

Jack Steven running everywhere and clocking up the numbers. We need our mids to start getting their hands on the ball more often, or at least stop some of this. Ben Jacobs in our out, we have Higgins and Anderson who are quick enough to stop some of this. Ben is a little slow so it's a little trickier for him.

But it's a dead rubber....and a win is a win. Still a bit disappointing to only finish with a short margin win but I will take it I guess.

Looking forward to 2019. Hopefully we snare some players over the trade period and that they start to turn around opposition mids destroying us and clocking numbers up.

But happy to finish where we did.... showed some potential trade targets we are a good club to come to.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They seemed to give it a shot tho no one who was there wld confuse us with a proper Finals team

We have picked up a few players this yr, more so than other yrs
Quite a few good results over the time but just lack good decisions under pressure
Ando And ahern Big pluses
But the wood garner bj situation is a bit of a disaster

Polec and gaff plus a couple in the draft
Add walker murphy maybe larkey and Hayden
Need to mix it up a bit going fwds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should've won by alot more. Coughed up a bunch in another flat third quarter, although not nearly as ugly as the Dogs game.

Played 2 quarters of very good footy focusing on Brown going for the Coleman, stagnated, and then half the team went off to their vacation too early while some were putting in genuine effort like Anderson, Dumont, Sympkin, Ziebs and even McDonald.

Sure it doesnt matter, and the season was well and truly over. But I was hoping for an absolute thumping and hoping Brown to get more than 3. But at least there was some great moments, Jarrad Waite's goals included.

I would like to see how we would fare if Majak took Ruck duty at most/all centre square ball ups, then went straight to D50 and Goldy takes over around the ground, it seems to me we get more clearances, and ensuing scoring chains, rather than lose 1st posession and end up chasing tail all day.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
A big shout out to Waitey, going to miss the big Rick Flair 'WOOO' after his goals. Has become a favourite and I wish he was going on that one more season.

Froggy has arrived, he is a talent and will be a prime mover for us next year.

We should have been ahead by 50 at half time but meh, dead rubber and all.

Here is hoping Goldy takes this form into round 1 2019.

Solid year which had its highs early and its lows later, a few quality mids traded in during the off season, a fit Garner and bring on 2019.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back