Gasometer

TheBrownDog
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Doing 50 games would be a stretch for most, so let’s narrow it down.

Nominate Nmfc games from 1969 to 2019 that you would rewatch.

(^a meaningless gif from giphy to get things started)

Gasometer

TheBrownDog
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Let me go first
1994 Qualifying Final v Hawks
The first drawn Final Replay. One of the edge of seats Finals. The Hawks were in it all day. Kingy has the ball to win the game. Dennis freaking out in the box. Duck kicking the sealer in extra time with us in the sunny side in the background. What a day. What a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hojuman

첫 번째 남자 대 남자
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1975 prelim. v Tigers. Trek out to Waverly on the bus from Arden st. with series tickets seats in the VFL members. Won on a dull day in a tough game by 17 points.
10.16 to 8.11.

Just got a feeling on the way home that night that next week we were really going to give it a shake.

Gasometer

TheBrownDog
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I have the same 2 disc set of the match. :thumbsu:

I picked up about 40 North matches from them at $10 a pop before they closed the Richmond warehouse.
I have all those Year in review, Finals, GFs, Ansett Cup on VHS tapes. Maybe I should digitalise them all within these days of lockdown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

north_lad

All Australian
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I watched us v Bulldogs in 1998 last night and it's the first time I'd seen the whole game since it happened. It really didn't play out how I remembered it, I must have been much more patient as a kid because they were in control for a lot of the match - especially the first half. It's a great game and if you've got Kayo or Foxtel it's part of that top 50 thing they're doing at the moment.

One of my most cherished wins is beating Adelaide at footy park in the pouring rain (with Carey lining up for them and kicking an amazing goal from the pocket). The game may have actually been sh*t so I'd be interested to take a look

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Suspended
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Rd. 1 1971. Arden st.

Lowly Kanga's take on the might of Carltank after the greatest g.f. comeback of all time the previous year v the Pies.

Great day walking back to the commission flats after that 👍

Sam Kekovich bashes the entire Carlton side.

Speaking of VHS tapes, I just came across this copy of "Fabulous Footy Flashbacks" and I never even opened the thing.

I have all the games on DVD now.

1586560459426.png

Cookiemon

Premium Platinum
Jun 23, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
.............and the entire 123 minutes if this:

Remember being in the outer amongst the Colingwood ferals for this one.
The vitriol & racist abuse directed at Adrian McAdam was next level.
This game signalled the end of Mick Gayfers career & his scragging cheating tactics iirc.
Was nice to have the last laugh but more relieved to get out of that joint in one piece!
Good times 👍

Last edited:

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
I always thought as a club this was us at our peak. Ever.
-membership
-supporters
-attendance
-ladders
-players

Check Luke’s spoil at 4:00mins in and the faithful behind going mad. Havnt seen that since.

Flawed Genius

Apr 26, 2008
Bin
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always thought as a club this was us at our peak. Ever.
-membership
-supporters
-attendance
-ladders
-players

Check Luke’s spoil at 4:00mins in and the faithful behind going mad. Havnt seen that since.
I remember this specifically for Waite going apeshit and one-grabbing everything he went near. Looked on another level

My obvious ones are:

2014 Elimination Final vs Essendon
2007 Semi-final vs Hawthorn
Round 19 2004 vs Sydney
Round 11 2003 vs Richmond

shintemaster

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2002
Ponderama
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jesus.

Remember that game against Carlton where LT when crazy? That's Carey when on fire crumbing like the best small in the game - except with the size of a tall forward and the brutality to intimidate everyone on the field. Amazing player.

I remember this specifically for Waite going apeshit and one-grabbing everything he went near. Looked on another level

My obvious ones are:

2014 Elimination Final vs Essendon
2007 Semi-final vs Hawthorn
Round 19 2004 vs Sydney
Round 11 2003 vs Richmond
One of my favourite North players to watch in the last couple of decades - never would have picked that before hand. Damn he was entertaining.

BTW - Not a great year for us but that first win against a 1st place against Adelaide in Tassie a few years back. Most dominant game I've seen from us in a long, long time.

Last edited:

Top Bottom