Review NMFC 10/50-Games you want to see again

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone asks you why Carey was a better player than Ablett Snr., then just show them that clip @ 0:45.

If he didn't directly create 1.5-2 goals a game over the course of his entire career, then I will line up all of my membership cards and eat them one by one.

Gary Ablett Jnr. holds the current GA record of 250 in 346 games, but if Carey didn't knock up close to 400 in his 272 games, then I will give it away. You only have to look at his last 28 games at Adelaide, which is the only time they recorded that stat for Carey, 20 assists in 28 games. If you multiply that average by Giblets game tally then you get 247, and that only covers the period when he was completely stuffed!!!!.

He had to have cracked up at least 400 assists to go with his 727, and THAT'S WHY HE IS THE GREATEST ****ING PLAYER OF THE MODERN ERA!!!

Last edited:
I always thought as a club this was us at our peak. Ever.
-membership
-supporters
-attendance
-ladders
-players

Check Luke’s spoil at 4:00mins in and the faithful behind going mad. Havnt seen that since.

There were some really s**t umpiring decisions in that clip but none more so than Luke's deliberate out of bounds in the spot you mentioned.

One that they got right but Bruce gave himself away over was when Stringer jumped on Taz's back and failed to touch the ball and it then bounced through for a goal. I don't know what universe Bruce thought that wasn't an obvious free kick.

After a decade or more of not beating the bastards, this game, Rd 3 1994.

North Melbourne25.23 (173)Hawthorn6.10 (46)MCG36,726Friday 8, April

There is something wrong with me as I can’t recall a single moment of this game, but I can remember with great clarity, Dunstall marking and goaling in the last minute from the boundary line the previous year as they beat us by 3.

After a decade or more of not beating the bastards, this game, Rd 3 1994.

North Melbourne25.23 (173)Hawthorn6.10 (46)MCG36,726Friday 8, April

I recorded this game as a youngster and bloody glad I did. It was my go to growing up in the 90’s when I needed a North fix. Everyone was on fire that night particularly Carey, Longmire and Mcadam up forward.
They were without Dunstall and Langford up either end, but still had a handy side on paper.

I have tried to find this game regularly on YouTube, but with no luck. I think the old VHS copy cooked it in the end.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a lover of statistics, there are a few not noted:
  • 1974 Preliminary Final v Hawthorn (never seen any footage of this one)
  • 1977 Preliminary Final v Hawthorn
  • 1979 Qualifying Final v Collingwood
  • Round 7, 1985 v Essendon
    • some footage exists of this and of the 1977 Preliminary, but as North Melbourne’s two outstanding performance in its League history, I have long wished to look at them
  • Round 11, 1985 v Hawthorn
  • Round 5, 1986 v Geelong
  • Round 4, 1987 v Geelong
  • Round 6, 1989 v Essendon
  • Round 9, 1989 v Brisbane
  • Round 14, 1990 v Melbourne
  • Round 17, 1990 v Geelong
  • Round 19, 1990 v Carlton (never seen any footage of this one)
  • Round 6, 1991 v Sydney

I recorded this game as a youngster and bloody glad I did. It was my go to growing up in the 90’s when I needed a North fix. Everyone was on fire that night particularly Carey, Longmire and Mcadam up forward.
They were without Dunstall and Langford up either end, but still had a handy side on paper.

I have tried to find this game regularly on YouTube, but with no luck. I think the old VHS copy cooked it in the end.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also have tried to find this game on You tube. It would be lovely to see again.

The one where Corey Jones sinks the swans in sydney
The one where Stevo sinks the bears at the G
The one where stupid brad johnson gave it to us at half time and then we won. w***er.
The one where big Mark Porter ran down Crawf
The one where big Drewy went bang bang bang bang bang bang bang against stupid footscray
The one when G. Archer was back against collingwood and smashed through whoever and whathisname to bang a goal at the G
The 96 GF coz I hate sydney and the richmond supporting w***er I watched it with.
That game last year when we beat richmond
The one where J.W.Smith and his mates rolled hawthorn in whatever final. Best footy trip pub viewing ever
The one in adelaide, Archers 200th? where Stevo was never ever gonna be right to play, but bloody well did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d have to make an .mp4 and mail it on USB (and require that USB to be returned), unless you can copy the DVDs yourself and return them to me.
All good. If you do happen to make it an mp4, you can always upload to a storage cloud (google drive, one drive, dropbox are options) and share that way. But happy to deal with any option.

As a sidelight, do you have any footage of the games I listed earlier?
No, I don't

The 1998 GF.

Not really.

This would be considered a mild reaction......

XhJaf.gif

I always thought as a club this was us at our peak. Ever.
-membership
-supporters
-attendance
-ladders
-players

Check Luke’s spoil at 4:00mins in and the faithful behind going mad. Havnt seen that since.

Waite was a true freak, when he was on he was right up there with best of them.

Some of you may remember Lucky Beanie through the 2015/16 Finals.

Lucky was bought at this game after I realised I had left my coat 4 hours away when I opened the boot.

I needed something warm so bought Lucky at the MCG.

Lucky has been all over Australia, India, NZ, Europe and the USA since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back