No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been a GA home member for 12 years. If I get a 3 or 5 game membership will I still be considered a member 13 years in a row?
Yes. After decades of paying for the big buck memberships I downgraded to 5 gamer this year and the membership arrived in todays mail with the words "years consecutive 57" printed on the card. My disappointment with my beloved club is profound.

Yes. After decades of paying for the big buck memberships I downgraded to 5 gamer this year and the membership arrived in todays mail with the words "years consecutive 57" printed on the card. My disappointment with my beloved club is profound.

I'll be joining you next year.

Our membership dept is a symptom of modern corporate culture in Australia. Take as much as you can and give the absolute bare minimum in return. Then have complete nuff nuffs taking your calls, answering enquiries etc forcing you to simply give up in frustration. They're basically exploit our emotional attachment to the club. Complete hustlers.
It's very rare to have any sort of issue with a bank, telco, insurance co., govt dept, utility co. etc quickly and efficiently resolved. They simply grind away at you, that's how they operate.
I'm still pissed at the club about being forced to auto renew my membership 5 months before the start of the season without giving my consent to do so. WTF is that?
100% correct.

I’ve been a GA home member for 12 years. If I get a 3 or 5 game membership will I still be considered a member 13 years in a row?
Yep I get a family 5-game membership and it counts towards my years of members; 27.

If the remaining 5 membership cards haven’t arrived by Friday arvo I suspect the rest of the family will phone the club to thank them at this rate.
I received an email 3 weeks ago thanking me for going with a digital membership, yesterday I received our membership cards in the mail.

It appears the left hand is not talking to the right hand!

I received an email 3 weeks ago thanking me for going with a digital membership, yesterday I received our membership cards in the mail.

It appears the left hand is not talking to the right hand!

That's what the skills coach said when Brad asked him for his thoughts on Sunday's match ...........

5 game membership for me next year.

ONE of them.
Make sure to wait til the final 5 home games of the season so you can pick it up really cheap. Hell they might even throw in a full 2021 membership with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure to wait til the final 5 home games of the season so you can pick it up really cheap. Hell they might even throw in a full 2021 membership with it.

.....and a phone call from Wayne Schimmelbusch.

5 game membership for me next year.

ONE of them.
Yeh - I used to by five, I dropped off the ANU kid, the oldest can pay for his own now (not that he will). Pay for the school age one and donate one for the Mrs. Hard not to feel the Club is less than mediocre at the moment. Can't say I enjoyed Ben Buckley's e-mail this arvo

Last edited:
Yeh - I used to by five, I dropped off the ANU kid, the oldest can pay for his own now (not that he will). Pay for the school age one and donate one for the Mrs. Hard not to feel the Club is less than mediocre at the moment. Can't say I enjoyed Ben Buckley's e-mail this arvo

Don't stress mate - I'm sure the clubs facebook likes are up and we all know that's more important than members turning up to games and support from 20 year members on here.

The North Melbourne Membership Dept would like to thank Brad Scott and the boys for a very relaxing Monday.

Don’t underestimate how much an abomination like yesterday impacts membership numbers.

Anyone thinking about becoming a member just shelved that idea.
No doubt last Sunday was massively disappointing, but hopefully the boys will turn it around this week.

I've had an issue this week with seats. Thought the 6 of us had moved back in October last year, written confirmation and all. Turned out only 5 had been moved and the 6th person left where they were. Needless to say the first person I spoke to copped an earful and was less than helpful as she had no idea what was going on. An email to the club threatening withdrawal of 6 said memberships and stating that a full refund would be sought had me a phone call in about half an hour and the issue sorted luckily. Is anyone else a bit miffed about members who haven't signed before the end of the year seem to get more privileges (extras like cheaper membership) and better service than those who have put there hard earned in year after year. 40+ member here with a family of 6, 5 of which I pay for?

I've had an issue this week with seats. Thought the 6 of us had moved back in October last year, written confirmation and all. Turned out only 5 had been moved and the 6th person left where they were. Needless to say the first person I spoke to copped an earful and was less than helpful as she had no idea what was going on. An email to the club threatening withdrawal of 6 said memberships and stating that a full refund would be sought had me a phone call in about half an hour and the issue sorted luckily. Is anyone else a bit miffed about members who haven't signed before the end of the year seem to get more privileges (extras like cheaper membership) and better service than those who have put there hard earned in year after year. 40+ member here with a family of 6, 5 of which I pay for?

The membership department has been another spectacular debacle.

The membership department has been another spectacular debacle.

Nah, we’ve had 3 (x6) sets of member packs arrive (the ones with the dodgy fixture and magnet) yet still no cards. They’re on fire!

it's one of the more integral parts of the club cause it's literally the connection with the fans. How in the flying * is it this bad? It doesn't even sound like a couple of human error * ups here and there that will naturally occur, it's a ******* flaming garbage pile.

I’m living overseas at the moment. Bought an international membership. The code they gave me doesn’t work for the WatchAFL website. I missed out on watching our first match (thank god). I emailed them multiple times, finally they responded saying that it’s an AFL issue. I asked for an AFL email contact. They said the AFL should be in contact with me and if they’re not then my account is fixed.

The AFL have not been in contact with me. The voucher code still does not work.

I have asked for a new code. I haven’t received a response.

I have not received the “product” that I have paid money for.

To use an old cliche, I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed.

The problem is that for us suckers (true north diehards) watching North Melbourne is an addiction and thus memberships are a highly inelastic good. The thing is, this isn’t true for tens of thousands of more casual fans who would just as readily take out a golf membership or a theatre membership or buy a boat and go fishing on weekends if the entertainment value for money and the service is better.

We have the smallest fan base in Melbourne. To be competitive we need to be BETTER and more innovative in the membership department than the other clubs who can rely on large bases. We cannot rely on the goodwill of our supporters and our small passionate base. North people are good people but they are at the end of the day still people.

I’m living overseas at the moment. Bought an international membership. The code they gave me doesn’t work for the WatchAFL website. I missed out on watching our first match (thank god). I emailed them multiple times, finally they responded saying that it’s an AFL issue. I asked for an AFL email contact. They said the AFL should be in contact with me and if they’re not then my account is fixed.

The AFL have not been in contact with me. The voucher code still does not work.

I have asked for a new code. I haven’t received a response.

I have not received the “product” that I have paid money for.

To use an old cliche, I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed.

The problem is that for us suckers (true north diehards) watching North Melbourne is an addiction and thus memberships are a highly inelastic good. The thing is, this isn’t true for tens of thousands of more casual fans who would just as readily take out a golf membership or a theatre membership or buy a boat and go fishing on weekends if the entertainment value for money and the service is better.

We have the smallest fan base in Melbourne. To be competitive we need to be BETTER and more innovative in the membership department than the other clubs who can rely on large bases. We cannot rely on the goodwill of our supporters and our small passionate base. North people are good people but they are at the end of the day still people.

Hey PM me if you dont get it in time and you can use my login for the time being.

Nah, we’ve had 3 (x6) sets of member packs arrive (the ones with the dodgy fixture and magnet) yet still no cards. They’re on fire!

An unmitigated disgrace.

Contact the chairman and he'll tell you all about Tarryn Thomas, some light towers and AFLW.

It won't get you in to the match, but it will make you feel better.:drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back