No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope that when we DO have blockbuster games and I DO buy a Member seat in a Member area to ensure I see the game after the drive down I don’t have some JELLY BAck Member invite his OPPOSITION mates into the Member area

So cue

Rd 5 Friday night v *

Rd 11 Friday night v Tuggers

Rd 15 Saturday night v Filth (away)

Rd 20 Friday night v Hawks

And you're as mentally deranged with delusions of grandeur as you were in the TSK days.

I'm always surprised when I come across people like you that are North supporters.

You're just so............UN-North.

I reckon you'd sip tea out of a saucer.

I'm always surprised when I come across people like you that are North supporters.

You're just so............UN-North.

I reckon you'd sip tea out of a saucer.
If by UN-North you mean I respect women and all races. Then, yeah guilty.

You complete and utter turnip.

Okay, does that make them self sufficient, or does the AFL club have to carry them?

At present the men's team isn't self-sufficient either, it is why we need to sell games to Tasmania and also get future fund grants from the AFL to be able to afford to spend as much as we do.

The AFLW team is ours, only an AFL club can hold an AFLW licence, Tasmania has no club, the licence was awarded to us. Hawthorn gets paid a small fortune to be called the Tasmanian Hawks, which nobody refers to them as that anyway. I would prefer we didn't need to sell games, however, despite the success that is the Werribee region, we averaged less than 25k for home games at Docklands. We could lower costs and tread water with a team that will never contend but I think that would just delay the inevitable.

We got less than 34k to our good friday game and that was the highest for our home games for the season. We got less than 30k against the Hawks, less than 30k against Richmond. Docklands new stadium deal will make lower drawing games less punishing but the major benefit of the new stadium deal is the proportion of revenue the club gets to keep from premium seat sales, corporate boxes and the like. We need to get a lot more people through the gate.

If our club can't alter our current trajectory, the outcome isn't going to be great for the club long-term. One of the major strengths of the AFL vs NRL is that we have a lot more support from women for the game than they do, it is why we kill them for memberships, attendances and ratings. From what I read, we are one of the poorest clubs when it comes to female support, the AFLW side is a great opportunity to rectify that.

It is important we build football teams that have the capacity to contend, we can't just keep pumping out middle of the road plodding teams, it kills our ability to market the club. We need resources to do that. We need resources to invest in grass roots support. As much as we don't like the idea of selling games, it is helping us to get the resources. It is critical we do not blow the opportunity we have.

I'd like to see us do more to build up our supporter base in high growth regions, we have recently expanded the Huddle's reach considerably, however, that isn't primarily a supporter base growth program. I hope our team starts to blossom on-field and it gives us greater access to a more marketable fixture and we can derive a lot more revenue from our home games here. Long-term the plan has to be for us to be able to fill the Docklands by ourselves against interstate teams and ideally, have a waiting list for game day memberships similar to what the Eagles do. We are a long way from that but we should be doing everything possible to increase our supporter base and I think anyone that has a genuine love for the club should get behind that no matter how bitter a pill we need to swallow in the short-term with compromises we make that allow us to invest in these programs.

We just don't have the numbers to do it alone at this point in time, I don't want to see us go another two decades without being a hope in hell of contending for a flag. Our club just can't afford these long droughts, the damage we have done to our lists and football department personnel having to penny pinch to keep our neck above water has resulted in decades of mediocrity, you can't possibly be advocating we go back to that. We have an opportunity to change our destiny, is your pride too high a price for that opportunity?

At present the men's team isn't self-sufficient either, it is why we need to sell games to Tasmania and also get future fund grants from the AFL to be able to afford to spend as much as we do.

The AFLW team is ours, only an AFL club can hold an AFLW licence, Tasmania has no club, the licence was awarded to us. Hawthorn gets paid a small fortune to be called the Tasmanian Hawks, which nobody refers to them as that anyway. I would prefer we didn't need to sell games, however, despite the success that is the Werribee region, we averaged less than 25k for home games at Docklands. We could lower costs and tread water with a team that will never contend but I think that would just delay the inevitable.

We got less than 34k to our good friday game and that was the highest for our home games for the season. We got less than 30k against the Hawks, less than 30k against Richmond. Docklands new stadium deal will make lower drawing games less punishing but the major benefit of the new stadium deal is the proportion of revenue the club gets to keep from premium seat sales, corporate boxes and the like. We need to get a lot more people through the gate.

If our club can't alter our current trajectory, the outcome isn't going to be great for the club long-term. One of the major strengths of the AFL vs NRL is that we have a lot more support from women for the game than they do, it is why we kill them for memberships, attendances and ratings. From what I read, we are one of the poorest clubs when it comes to female support, the AFLW side is a great opportunity to rectify that.

It is important we build football teams that have the capacity to contend, we can't just keep pumping out middle of the road plodding teams, it kills our ability to market the club. We need resources to do that. We need resources to invest in grass roots support. As much as we don't like the idea of selling games, it is helping us to get the resources. It is critical we do not blow the opportunity we have.

I'd like to see us do more to build up our supporter base in high growth regions, we have recently expanded the Huddle's reach considerably, however, that isn't primarily a supporter base growth program. I hope our team starts to blossom on-field and it gives us greater access to a more marketable fixture and we can derive a lot more revenue from our home games here. Long-term the plan has to be for us to be able to fill the Docklands by ourselves against interstate teams and ideally, have a waiting list for game day memberships similar to what the Eagles do. We are a long way from that but we should be doing everything possible to increase our supporter base and I think anyone that has a genuine love for the club should get behind that no matter how bitter a pill we need to swallow in the short-term with compromises we make that allow us to invest in these programs.

We just don't have the numbers to do it alone at this point in time, I don't want to see us go another two decades without being a hope in hell of contending for a flag. Our club just can't afford these long droughts, the damage we have done to our lists and football department personnel having to penny pinch to keep our neck above water has resulted in decades of mediocrity, you can't possibly be advocating we go back to that. We have an opportunity to change our destiny, is your pride too high a price for that opportunity?
46 days into 2019, and we already have the post of the year. It's all downhill for the NM BF board from here, folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone go for a digital membership. Just signed up and they offering two match seat upgrade in return for doing that
My fear is battery will die on phone and i cant get in

If by UN-North you mean I respect women and all races. Then, yeah guilty.

Oh, take a ****ing bow, you absolute HERO.:D

Arguably the most pathetic use of strawman building and complementary virtue signalling I have seen in my time at BF.

That's some achievement. It's bound to be a big hit with the "touchy, feely" low I.Q. market. Well done.

46 days into 2019, and we already have the post of the year. It's all downhill for the NM BF board from here, folks.

Really? It's completely irrelevant to my point, but if dry accountancy is your thing, then go for it.

You still here?

Yes, you sardonic twerp.

Did you stay up all night waiting for me to respond?

13 hours staring blankly in to a monitor. That's also impressive.

Why you so mad? Cos i called you sexist and racist? I thought you wore those titles with pride.

Mad? I think you're hilarious.

Throw out a few more mindless cliches.

YOTR's 5 step protocols for life

I think you're funny too. Like the time i said you were off your meds and you then had a meltdown. We laughed and laughed.

Tsk, tsk...............utilises racism & sexism virtue signalling, then goes for the mental illness jibe in the next sentence.

You're so...............................deep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back