No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

I'm putting my self adhesive magnet away - will be worth something in years to come. Very rare coz most people will just throw it out. Hopefully they do it again next year and I will then have a collection. Don't say I didn't let you all know.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I printed this out on A4, laminated it and stuck it on my office wall.

Now all we have to do is put you in charge of the membership department!!!!!!!!

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apart from the fact that I have access to our games, the best thing about the NM membership pack is the envelope...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You got an envelope? I got my digital subscription email and the magazine that i never even took out of the sleeve but still havnt got my envelope. Humour me, we still actually get a membership card in the coveted envelope dont we?...

hottieburger

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm gunna hang back for a couple of these instead next year.

They did this same promotion last year and it caused a stir on here at the time. While I understand the need to entice new members or previous members who are in 2 minds about resigning, doing it in a way that de-values the majority of your membership base is just wrong. No way I am going to roll over my 11 game membership at the end of this season. I'll just hang out for the membership day and get the 6 extra games for the price of 5. Maybe I should cancel my membership this morning and ring back up this afternoon and sign back up.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They did this same promotion last year and it caused a stir on here at the time. While I understand the need to entice new members or previous members who are in 2 minds about resigning, doing it in a way that de-values the majority of your membership base is just wrong. No way I am going to roll over my 11 game membership at the end of this season. I'll just hang out for the membership day and get the 6 extra games for the price of 5. Maybe I should cancel my membership this morning and ring back up this afternoon and sign back up.

Yep. The die hards get less, and the non committed get more. I'm just about over the joint.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers

I have in the past waited to see if they’d again throw a deal up via SEN, but this year apparently my membership happened automatically, so when I phoned in to confirm my newborn daughters membership a few weeks ago they told me that mine was on there also.

I still find these deals decent from a marketing point of view. I know of two people already who’ve signed up this morning since heading the deal was on. Pretty sure they’d just buy a ticket at the gate to the occasional game otherwise.

Has always perplexed me that we run drives for members who lapse. Players call them and the like.

Have a cousin who would at the very best be described as a sometimes fairweather supporter. 3 years in a row she was posting all over social media how X player called and how she has now re done her membership.

What is after certain points of membership they had things for the rusted on members.

I am sure that my son after 10 or 15 years would love for a player to call him, but that won't happen because our membership just rolls on to the next year.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Yep. The die hards get less, and the non committed get more. I'm just about over the joint.

Similar ****around with reserved seats.

Scare the hardcore into re-signing in December, then let the scragglers renew anyway in March and beyond. Then the pièce de résistance - scrap for some dirty extra coin by selling off unused seats amongst the ultra-committed to opposition fans and the general masses.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Scare the hardcore into re-signing in December, then let the scragglers renew anyway in March and beyond. Then the pièce de résistance - scrap for some dirty extra coin by selling off unused seats amongst the ultra-committed to opposition fans and the general masses.

We are treated as units of production.

This is what happens when non football people take over and run a club.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
We are treated as units of production.

This is what happens when non football people take over and run a club.

You are closer to the pin than you might think.

There were less bean-counters or robotic task-doers around the joint in the previous 2 decades.

But .. there was way more humanity and practical understanding of how to stay connected with the everyday supporter base (particularly the kids) than there is now.

Maybe it's a reflection of society as a whole but it's true nonetheless.

You get less for being prompt
You get less for being committed
And you rock up round 1 surrounded by vermin

Again the clubs priorities just dont add up

Probably supporting Collingwood, * or Richmond thanks to the wonders of branding and mass media prominence. Just like every other converted neutral.

Yeap i have an african friend. Took him to two north games when he just arrived. Have him membership cap. Now supports Richmond because they were the first team he saw apparently. He has completely forgot apparently the north games i took him too

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
So, my partner thought the envelope fixture was in the way where I’d put it on the fridge, tried to move it, magnet came adrift and now the whole thing is in the bin. That went well.

Maybe magnet fixtures in this digital age are just not worth doing any more? Might as well not have them as try this half-arsed version, in my view.

Hootini

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
this is the first year i've been able to afford anything other than a flexi membership of some description some years. So there were whole seasons in which going to see my team play just wasn't happening. I finally get to move from the GA to sit with members and actually feel like one myself. I haven't been more excited for a season based on that alone. Maybe this deal lets someone go to games when otherwise they would have no opportunity to do so. Maybe it actually does grow the base because they won't always be in that position. Maybe it isn't about diminishing the value of memberships, but if you feel that it is, then the deals are there for you.

Back