No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While i understand the reasons why, this type of promotion just makes the club look cheap.

It has a fire sale feel to it that completely kills the the prestige of eventually unwrapping a newly received member pack in the mail (or what's left of it) for both full paying members and discounted ones.

Peter27374

Debutant
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The admin just seems to have that target of ticking off 40k members no matter how it is achieved. This SEN initiative is very short term thinking. Anybody who thinks it broadens the base or converts walk ups to members should ask why other clubs don't do it?

NM_4074_2019_Membership_Icons_RGB-05.png
Did anyone notice that on the NMFC Membership website, the picture of the "stickers" we should recieve looks a bit different to what we got? I think they were planning on giving us more stickers...
Not complaining, just thought it was interesting.

View attachment 629119
Did anyone notice that on the NMFC Membership website, the picture of the "stickers" we should recieve looks a bit different to what we got? I think they were planning on giving us more stickers...
Not complaining, just thought it was interesting.
Sort of sums up the overall lessening of quality of the whole pack. In a year where everything should be deluxe (150th) they seemed to have reduced most of the inclusions to budget crap.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Similar ****around with reserved seats.

Scare the hardcore into re-signing in December, then let the scragglers renew anyway in March and beyond. Then the pièce de résistance - scrap for some dirty extra coin by selling off unused seats amongst the ultra-committed to opposition fans and the general masses.

Got the email to buy $15 upgrade seats today

Those who follow my dribble will know my experiences with upgrading my seats to find that I am sitting beside an opposition fan who is a North Member Friend

Has this been fixed in 2019?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The club needs to be very careful with it's membership direction. It's hard to fathom that an organisation that promotes a high level of professionalism in its management of player and use of elite sports science has such an amateurish approach to its membership.

The marketing department should have these few basic tenets inscribed on the wall and everything flows from there.
1. The established, diehard members are the heartbeat of the club and should be treated as VIP rather than cash cow. Don't screw around the core members.
2. The longterm campaign of requesting debt-reduction donations from members and supporters should be acknowledged by giving something back...it's a partnership not philanthropy.
3. You cannot increase the cost of membership whilst reducing the quality of the product (i.e.. 1 less home game in Melb, the well documented seating issues, the crappy membership kit), no matter how much you try to spin it.
4. Any marketing or membership strategy based around social media is naive at best. Don't dumb down the club!!!

Personally, I find it hard to believe some of the stuff that is coming out of the marketing department at Arden St. The departure of No Bull from Big Footy was seen of a bit of a surprise and disappointment, but might well just indicate how much the club is losing touch with it's base.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
They watch this place like hawks. Just can't handle any criticisms.

Is this fact or sarcasm Snake?

Heath was the only one public enough to be on here and he’s gone.

I have been on here since coming up 17 years in a few days and for a better part of this time had the belief that no one other than he gave this site any credence

Is this fact or sarcasm Snake?

Heath was the only one public enough to be on here and he’s gone.

I have been on here since coming up 17 years in a few days and for a better part of this time had the belief that no one other than he gave this site any credence
Euge is still here, Chris Hunt from the roo shop was and Rob Burton when he was the media manager

Wasn’t just Heath

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Does anyone know if the SEN member day is just for north or do all clubs do it and have the deals etc?

is it our clubs initiative or a league wide AFL thing?
I think all the clubs do it, certainly notice quite a few each year.

I called the membership department today as I needed barcodes to organize regarded seating for the Hawthorn game. Neither myself or my brothers cards have arrived and we need it for next Monday.

Now the replacement game initiative I have to commend the club on. No negativity here it’s a good concept. Nonetheless we should be entitled to 11 home games in the first place but being a North man I’m used to getting less.

I was advised the memberships in transit. I was also advised my brothers got lost in the mail and will be three more weeks until it arrives.
So at the moment I have barcodes written down on a very important postit note until my card actually arrives.

But I’m used to it. I wouldn’t dare tell members of other clubs what’s going on as it the personal embarrassment I carry when it comes to dealing with these things.

I called the membership department today as I needed barcodes to organize regarded seating for the Hawthorn game. Neither myself or my brothers cards have arrived and we need it for next Monday.

Now the replacement game initiative I have to commend the club on. No negativity here it’s a good concept. Nonetheless we should be entitled to 11 home games in the first place but being a North man I’m used to getting less.

I was advised the memberships in transit. I was also advised my brothers got lost in the mail and will be three more weeks until it arrives.
So at the moment I have barcodes written down on a very important postit note until my card actually arrives.

But I’m used to it. I wouldn’t dare tell members of other clubs what’s going on as it the personal embarrassment I carry when it comes to dealing with these things.

Mine is the only one to arrive of our lot Taz. Unless the rest roll in this week I’ll be in the same boat.

Hootini

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Best laminate that post it and stick it to the fridge.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Euge is still here, Chris Hunt from the roo shop was and Rob Burton when he was the media manager

Wasn’t just Heath

Yeh Euge popped in when the Doco come out last year, true

But my question is do they sit at Board Meetings etc and discuss why I have to sit beside a * in a North Member $15 upgrade?

I sincerely doubt it because it’s been going on for years

This Board’s self importance on the smaller things (which are the things that often matter, like this current Membership fiasco) at the Club is over estimated

Back