No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to the season starting, so we can bitch and moan about the meagre on field performances rather than bumper stickers and fridge magnets.:rolleyes:

Yeah. It's minor sure, but you know what - unlike the season performances the membership pack and how we deliver membership services and seating is one thing completely and utterly in the control of the club itself. My view is that they would be well advised to do these things as well as possible. On field will vary, but off field is something they can be better and better at.

To be clear, I couldn't give two tosses what's in the pack for myself beyond a card that turns up before round 1 and has my seats correctly allocated. But the club isn't trying to impress me and should be trying to attract and retain supporters other than those of us who will sign up for years on end.

Last edited:

ZACK WILD

Team Captain
Jan 16, 2009
middle earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The admin just seems to have that target of ticking off 40k members no matter how it is achieved. This SEN initiative is very short term thinking. Anybody who thinks it broadens the base or converts walk ups to members should ask why other clubs don't do it?

The Carlton footy club did it

I printed this out on A4, laminated it and stuck it on my office wall.
This is it.
20190305_090358.jpg

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Got the email to buy $15 upgrade seats today

Those who follow my dribble will know my experiences with upgrading my seats to find that I am sitting beside an opposition fan who is a North Member Friend

Has this been fixed in 2019?
When our reserved seat was on the flank we would always have opposition supporters around us, now we have moved to the wing it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am fuming. The club knows I've got a thing for Emma Kearney :coupleheart: so they got her to call me a few weeks ago to sign up as a member. I asked her if she came with the membership and she slapped me through the phone and called me a filthy pig, but that just made me love her even more. I ended up signing up for 10 memberships (love makes you do crazy things) and when the phone call ended I smoked a cigar. My wife asked me what I was doing but I just told her it was just North stuff.

Then they roll out this SEN cheap members pack again for the second year in a row. Talk about being used and abused. I literally have a broken heart at the minute. I am going to use those extra 9 seats to lie down and weep at our home games.

Last edited:

Peter27374

Debutant
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How relevant is the running total? Does it include members from last year who are presumed to be rolling over but have not paid yet? My own experience is that l'm invoiced but have not paid. So is that included?

Hootini

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How relevant is the running total? Does it include members from last year who are presumed to be rolling over but have not paid yet? My own experience is that l'm invoiced but have not paid. So is that included?
Dunno about the technical questions but i like the running total as a way of comparison to past running totals, rather than just looking at how much we end up with at the end date.

sutcliffe's hotel

Premium Platinum
Oct 30, 2005
Brisbanistan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was walking yesterday with my little family yesterday in Rovaneimi (on the Artic Circle in Lapland, Finland) & was startled by an older woman suddenly screaming at us - Go the Kangas!

Given it was -19 when we got off the train, the roar from one of the faithful warmed by shinboner heart.

She then called to her husband - look Bert North fans. He grunted & she beautifully dismissed him by saying - don’t worry about him love, he barracks for Collingwood. We both laughed.

Member get member indeed.

Received my membership pack this week, wasn't as bad as I'd expected based on some of these posts. Stickers were good enough to swap out on my car, lanyard wasn't misprinted and the lack of plastic sleeve is no big deal. Fridge fixture is very average but it's just for the fridge & I generally use apps to track game times/coverage anyway.

If it saved the club a few bucks, then hey, no biggy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
this is the first year i've been able to afford anything other than a flexi membership of some description some years. So there were whole seasons in which going to see my team play just wasn't happening. I finally get to move from the GA to sit with members and actually feel like one myself. I haven't been more excited for a season based on that alone. Maybe this deal lets someone go to games when otherwise they would have no opportunity to do so. Maybe it actually does grow the base because they won't always be in that position. Maybe it isn't about diminishing the value of memberships, but if you feel that it is, then the deals are there for you.
There can be a catch to having reserved seats. In GA you sometimes sit next to a nuffy, but imagine getting plonked next to that nuffy for 11 games...whoops 8 games (thanks tazzy)

Last edited:

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Aww yeah ... it's as flash as a rat with a gold tooth but lacks that certain cheap and nasty charm of the one supplied by the Club's Membership Department. And besides yours doesn't have that cheap 'child choking' magnet 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
There can be a catch to having reserved seats. In GA you sometimes sick next to a nuffy, but imagine getting plonked next to that nuffy for 11 games...whoops 8 games (thanks tazzy)

Give me a break - I'm not that bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back