No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that’s where we should be focusing on.
Don’t want to be left in the s**t if tassie are given a licence
I think that it will be a snowing and brisk, chilly day in Cairns the day that the AFL ever gives an AFL franchise to Tasmania. Sadly Tassie is struggling to maintain it's state's internal leagues at the moment. They have a raft of problems with the local competitions and sustainment of local clubs along with increasing competition for potential young players with soccer and other distractions that interest younger people these days. ☹

I've maintained for years that despite being the smallest and least supported Melbourne based team on paper, that in fact North Melbourne is the most resilient and innovative club in the League. It has survived financial hardship, s**t resources, low membership, a period of high debts, constant threats from the AFL of amalgamation or relocation interstate along with constant carping from media haters.

We have trialed many things that other teams weren't brave enough to tackle and when we made a success of it, the League and bigger teams moved in and stole the show. Consider Friday Night Football, the first team to play interstate games, the first team to import its player list in the early 70s, and the first team to abandon Poker Machines and direct gambling revenue.

It has survived great adversity and hostility from the League only to consolidate its membership, eliminate its debts, improve its resources and training facilities, and rebuild its base in Melbourne. As a club it has survived and risen above what would have broken the spoiled rich clubs like Carlton and Essendon.

The final 'finger' or 'Scottish Salute' (think Braveheart) to the media haters will be when the Club finally brings home its fifth Premiership ... that moment will be sublime 🙄

Then we all will join in the chorus and sing one and all!

Last edited:
Called up a few weeks ago to change my seats.

Did that but was too late as packs were already being sent. They said we will send you replacement cards.

Got replacement cards yesterday complete with entire new packs of crap.

And they got my son's membership wrong.

I mean all I wanted was correct cards. How does such a small variation go so wrong?

There can be a catch to having reserved seats. In GA you sometimes sick next to a nuffy, but imagine getting plonked next to that nuffy for 11 games...whoops 8 games (thanks tazzy)
4 years in a row I sat in front of the most annoying person I have ever heard. Didn't know the rules, ref got every single decision against us wrong, his voice broke constantly and he just didn't stop talking. Each year he moved a row forward as he was trying to get row A seats. I was even unable to have the bastard sit behind me in a reserved seat area at a few away games!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comparison at the same time - 9 March.

2015 = 30,369
2016 = 34,530
2017 = 34,328
2018 = 32,306
2019 = 34,324
I ask only because I know you have these at your fingertips, but any chance you could add, at the end of each line, in brackets, the final totals for each year? Back when we had Steffi's we saw this and it was useful to see how we're tracking.

I ask only because I know you have these at your fingertips, but any chance you could add, at the end of each line, in brackets, the final totals for each year? Back when we had Steffi's we saw this and it was useful to see how we're tracking.
Sure.

Final Tallies in brackets:

2015 = 30,369 (41,418)
2016 = 34,530 (45,105)
2017 = 34,328 (40,441)
2018 = 32,306 (41,046)
2019 = 34,324

!STEFFI ALERT!

4 years in a row I sat in front of the most annoying person I have ever heard. Didn't know the rules, ref got every single decision against us wrong, his voice broke constantly and he just didn't stop talking. Each year he moved a row forward as he was trying to get row A seats. I was even unable to have the bastard sit behind me in a reserved seat area at a few away games!

Well you're not exactly my favourite either.

Sure.

2015 = 30,369 (41,418)
2016 = 34,530 (45,105)
2017 = 34,328 (40,441)
2018 = 32,306 (41,046)
2019 = 34,324

!STEFFI ALERT!
... and now with bonus Steffi!

xFrJtHx.gif

Attachments

• 1552055038067.png
    1552055038067.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 165
If you refer to the umpire as the referee again I'd be asking to move too.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Sure.

2015 = 30,369 (41,418)
2016 = 34,530 (45,105)
2017 = 34,328 (40,441)
2018 = 32,306 (41,046)
2019 = 34,324

!STEFFI ALERT!
Win your first 9 games adds 5,000 members
Losing your first 4 games adds naught

That saying our good start last year undid the poor results of 2017.
We need to have a big opening month

Remove this Banner Ad

Back