No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

As predicted, received the call from the Membership Dept late today. “Just wondering if you intend to rejoin as a member in 2019?”

FMD

Pointed him to the multiple memberships I already hold and told him “I look forward to hearing from you in twelve months!”
At least you get a call :(

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We’ll just use our AFL Memberships for the Hawks game, not that I could book replacement seats using the North Memberships this morning anyway seeing we’ve only received one card out of the six we’re owed.

I’ve been on the blower to the Membership Dept this morning and I’m assured the other five will arrive in the next week. We shall see.......

That's ****ing disgraceful!

As predicted, received the call from the Membership Dept late today. “Just wondering if you intend to rejoin as a member in 2019?”

FMD

Pointed him to the multiple memberships I already hold and told him “I look forward to hearing from you in twelve months!”

I ended up getting the replacement tickets, but only after going through extreme head ****s with Ticketek.

The club has gone to s**t. Next year there'll be no seats etc., just a basic walk up membership. They can get ****ed.

When I was talking to Sam yesterday, I jokingly ( kind of) asked...

“ how would you guys cope with running Richmond’s or Collingwoods membership department?, what’s going on in there?”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
My wife who is an involuntary NMFC member described her recent dealings with the club as "nobody seems to know what they're doing. It's what it used to be like before Brayshaw took over".

I won’t hear anything less than three days of discussion about the ‘Days of Duff’ thanks.

That's right TT the Hawks game - the others will come available later in the year as they approach I believe. It's a free booking so no harm, if we get there early we can find a decent seat elsewhere and if we're running late we can use the allocated seats. Better than nothing but it's hardly the solution reserved seat members have been asking for IMO. Can't speak for others but I've been pretty unequivocal on here and in member feedback that I wanted decent equivalent seating. I don't expect to get aisle 34 on Level 2 of Docklands but I would expect decent wing bays at the front of level 3 (and equivalent at the MCG) if the club is taking this feedback seriously.

I can forward it to you if you need tazaa but essentially it says go to ticketek site, go to the game, select club members and public reserve, enter barcodes and then select North Melbourne seating area. Pretty simple.
I called up the club and had it forwarded to me.
My gripe is that the simplest of tasks get rewarded with positive feedback from me because thats what I expect. Basic service.
I almost feel like if Im not signing up to become a member or renew, to not stay on the phone and waste their time.
The mentality of the supporter base is that any signed up member is a good thing because it brings in dollars into the club that it desperately needs. This is actually detrimental as this whole sink or swim mentality is what holds us back as a club.

Been trying to book my Schimma platinum replacement ticket for the hawks game, but for the better part of an hour I've been stuck on this page that just keeps looping...

1552600465370.png

Buyer beware of purchasing Away replacement seats; typically ends in an unenjoyable experience

To be fair - it's a completely free process this time so at least we can sit somewhere else, no loss, no foul if it doesn't work out.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
I'm sure that, that must be some sort of record for us ten days out before a season start.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict when North will win it's next GF:

1975 - GF 1 (Club's 50th year in the VFL)
1977 - GF 2 (Club wins second flag after an historic draw)
1996 - GF 3 (Club wins AFL Centenary GF)
1999 - GF 4 (Club wins last GF of the old Millenium)

All milestone occasions - My tip, North to play in and win the first Twilight GF 😉

I'm sure that, that must be some sort of record for us ten days out before a season start.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict when North will win it's next GF:

All milestone occasions - My tip, North to play in and win the first Twilight GF 😉
Not quite a record. The 2016 year has that mantle.

Jun 26, 2012
Mos Eisley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone else get an international Roo membership? Been getting one for a while since I left Aus, year over year, despite the benefit of the Watch AFL subscription (which has improved), the quality of the other items I've been getting has been laughable.
  • 2016: Full fridge magnet schedule, decent lanyard, usual cap and scarf, a page of stickers and membership card.
  • 2017: Smaller fridge magnet schedule, cheaper lanyard with crappy clip, usual cap, no scarf, less stickers, no membership card (I threw a tantrum over this as I've been collecting them since I first became a member in 2003, they sent me one eventually).
  • 2018: Cardboard schedule with magnet poorly stuck on the back, terrible lanyard with random keyring circle thing with no clip, usual cap, less stickers again (3 now), membership card is back (yay)
  • 2019: A loose adhesive magnet with a random cardboard schedule + weird 150th year flappy things on it (they didn't even stick the magnet on for you now, just came in a plastic bag on its own), similar lanyard to 2018, usual cap, down to 2 stickers, membership card.
I get it, the value is in the ability to watch and support the club from afar, but jeeeesus, make it more obvious on the cost cutting!

I followed the prompts on the email for the replacement game and got the tickets no problems. You couldn’t choose the seats as such and wound up in Row W in the middle, level 1 Ponsford stand. Given we will be getting up for beers etc regularly I prefer the end of a row so I’ll check them out but might revert to the Southern stand. Still for me it worked pretty easily.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I followed the prompts on the email for the replacement game and got the tickets no problems. You couldn’t choose the seats as such and wound up in Row W in the middle, level 1 Ponsford stand. Given we will be getting up for beers etc regularly I prefer the end of a row so I’ll check them out but might revert to the Southern stand. Still for me it worked pretty easily.

Regular beers for a Sunday 6pm finish?

That’s wat I am talking about!

Anyone else get an international Roo membership? Been getting one for a while since I left Aus, year over year, despite the benefit of the Watch AFL subscription (which has improved), the quality of the other items I've been getting has been laughable.
  • 2016: Full fridge magnet schedule, decent lanyard, usual cap and scarf, a page of stickers and membership card.
  • 2017: Smaller fridge magnet schedule, cheaper lanyard with crappy clip, usual cap, no scarf, less stickers, no membership card (I threw a tantrum over this as I've been collecting them since I first became a member in 2003, they sent me one eventually).
  • 2018: Cardboard schedule with magnet poorly stuck on the back, terrible lanyard with random keyring circle thing with no clip, usual cap, less stickers again (3 now), membership card is back (yay)
  • 2019: A loose adhesive magnet with a random cardboard schedule + weird 150th year flappy things on it (they didn't even stick the magnet on for you now, just came in a plastic bag on its own), similar lanyard to 2018, usual cap, down to 2 stickers, membership card.
I get it, the value is in the ability to watch and support the club from afar, but jeeeesus, make it more obvious on the cost cutting!

I'm not fussed about the merch but CLEARLY, an international membership where the entire membership is about the stuff you get to keep you connected with the club , its a bit different. Same with the kids ones for Xmas.

They could rethink that with a horses for courses approach.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne

No twilight. Please say we’ll win the 2019 day GF...:)

Back