News NMFC 2020 Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies if it's been posted already (I couldn't find it), the 2020 leadership group was announced tonight, as follows:

Captain - JZ for the 4th year running
Joint Vice-Captains - Robbie Tarrant and Shaun Higgins
Leadership Group members - Jy Simpkin (yay), Jasper Pittard (yaaaaaayyy), Jamie Macmillan, Ben Cunnington

An awesome group of players to lead us to number five. :trophy:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apologies if it's been posted already (I couldn't find it), the 2020 leadership group was announced tonight, as follows:

Captain - JZ for the 4th year running
Joint Vice-Captains - Robbie Tarrant and Shaun Higgins
Leadership Group members - Jy Simpkin (yay), Jasper Pittard (yaaaaaayyy), Jamie Macmillan, Ben Cunnington

An awesome group of players to lead us to number five. :trophy:

So nobody pointed the bone at Jack?

That's a relief.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Big group.

Should be max of 6 , a third of the side Is in the leadership group

Probably bigger than I’d think necesary, but it’s obviously what Rhyce wants.

Regardless, good to see Cunners stepping up.

Think cunners will have his best season ever - is looking fitter and more comfortable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Very surprised Ben Brown not in there.

I'm not convinced on completely player voted leadership groups but happy to sit back and watch how it goes.

None of the inclusions bother me, maybe surprised Simpkin in a little ahead of schedule but all the reports of his strong presence during preseason might suggest he's been vocal too.

Wrapt for Cunnington. He's never been the nervous mute made out in the media memes.

All clips that have featured him including the recent one and the podcast showed his wares as a good communicator.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Very surprised Ben Brown not in there.

I'm not convinced on completely player voted leadership groups but happy to sit back and watch how it goes.

None of the inclusions bother me, maybe surprised Simpkin in a little ahead of schedule but all the reports of his strong presence during preseason might suggest he's been vocal too.

Wrapt for Cunnington. He's never been the nervous mute made out in the media memes.

All clips that have featured him including the recent one and the podcast showed his wares as a good communicator.
You don't win friends with salad.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20200224-163557_Instagram.jpg

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sure, its big. But at least we have just one captain. Who the * was that other club that had like 3 captains?

Anyway, I think its important Jy & Froggy in particular are in this group, these guys need the experience of leadership.

And Cunners and Pittard are there as examples of their actions on-field, the club backs them regardless of their skills on the day.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Hopefully what Melbourne have done catches on again. Captain and Vice Captain. That's enough. Maybe a DVC.

Jack, Robbie and Higgo. 3, maybe 4 of the blokes on that picture have been handed a golden ticket when they shouldn't.

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

As said earlier also, a completely player voted leadership group is tainted imo for this very reason.

I'm curious how guys like Wood, Vandenberg, Maxwell or even Cotchin (earlier on) became captains. None may have been the most popular players by vote at the time of selection.

Before anyone scoffs at Vandenberg, I got the impression from the outside that he did exactly what Clarkson wanted to lead a young emerging group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back