News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know we signed up a boatload of free agents and diamonds in the rough, but it's fantastic that North has broke new ground for a start-up club too in not having a top 10 pick.

I don't recall Port, Freo, GC or GWS being kneecapped out of early picks because of how many quality players they'd poached.

But we are the pioneers as always.

I know we signed up a boatload of free agents and diamonds in the rough, but it's fantastic that North has broke new ground for a start-up club too in not having a top 10 pick.

I don't recall Port, Freo, GC or GWS being kneecapped out of early picks because of how many quality players they'd poached.

But we are the pioneers as always.
For history’s sake they had to start the womens , as they did the mens.

I have never paid much attention to this with North not being involved but after seeing recent reports I think the proposed program is BS. It needs to run concurrently with the men’s comp through winter.

Agreed - should be played before the men’s game

No offence to us, but is there no decent coin in playing professional soccer?
Not in this country. Then being a womens comp normally means even less money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never paid much attention to this with North not being involved but after seeing recent reports I think the proposed program is BS. It needs to run concurrently with the men’s comp through winter.

The "economics" argument does not make sense - if the povo bloody W league can do it - the moneybags AFL can too - Gil was the author of the ALFW - weird he would then promote a bullshit conference system that pisses the women players off.

The "economics" argument does not make sense - if the povo bloody W league can do it - the moneybags AFL can too - Gil was the author of the ALFW - weird he would then promote a bullshit conference system that pisses the women players off.
It's posturing without any consideration of proper execution.

I.e. Wanting to look good to gain viewers and more money but having nfi how to work it out properly.

It's posturing without any consideration of proper execution.

I.e. Wanting to look good to gain viewers and more money but having nfi how to work it out properly.

Its ******* mad - women's footy is the golden goose out there in Clubland - in the WRFL the registrations of female players have increased 700 percent - which means more revenue for the grass roots [including the blokes]. Cannot believe they can * things up so badly after a great start.

Please, this is all about placating political interests.

Economically, it's a car crash waiting to happen.

There are some marginal clubs in the Western Suburbs - ie like the Sunshine Roosters who have been saved by female enrolments - your not suggesting that starting the ALFW is "political correctness" gone mad are you?

The W league makes no money - the AFL should regard women's footy as a loss leader and turn it into a serious comp

Please, this is all about placating political interests.

Economically, it's a car crash waiting to happen.

The cynical view is it keeps a steady flow of blue chip sponsor money coming in while rivals like the NRL reel from media perceptions of bad behaviour misogyny.

Certain prominent league partners are a big driver in this sort of thing (and that's not just an opinion).

There are some marginal clubs in the Western Suburbs - ie like the Sunshine Roosters who have been saved by female enrolments - your not suggesting that starting the ALFW is "political correctness" gone mad are you?

The W league makes no money - the AFL should regard women's footy as a loss leader and turn it into a serious comp

Yes, I am.

Your demographics are poor comparisons.

Yes, I am.

Your demographics are poor comparisons.

Why is that - the point I am making is that the existence of the AFLW propels woman to take up footy - which supports local clubs.

Snake you really are devoid of joy aren't you like Shapiro, Bolt, and the rest of them. You love abstract things like "the Nation", "the Flag" "Main Stream Australia" but can't articulate any vision that is based on a high regard for humanity - you are like an anti-humanist who loathes every single deviation from the status quo - pining for the good old days that never existed

I have a daughter than plays footy - she had to get out of soccer because she kept getting carded. She is there because of the AFLW. Her story is common

Why is that - the point I am making is that the existence of the AFLW propels woman to take up footy - which supports local clubs.

Snake you really are devoid of joy aren't you like Shapiro, Bolt, and the rest of them. You love abstract things like "the Nation", "the Flag" "Main Stream Australia" but can't articulate any vision that is based on a high regard for humanity - you are like an anti-humanist who loathes every single deviation from the status quo - pining for the good old days that never existed

I have a daughter than plays footy - she had to get out of soccer because she kept getting carded. She is there because of the AFLW. Her story is common

FFS, we'll just leave this alone. Thanks for the free psychoanalysis. Carry on.

FFS, we'll just leave this alone. Thanks for the free psychoanalysis. Carry on.

Just cut and paste the phrase "political correctness gone mad" in every post - you will save yourself a lot of time. The little ladies should stick to netball as God had intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back