News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the whole point of the Arden street redevelopment was to have afl women’s games and preseason games at Arden street? Along with vfl games next year

Surely it won’t take longer then February for it to be complete after starting it last week
Yes, I thought the same.

I'm assuming the Mercury article referring to the Tasmanian Kangaroos is for local consumption only?! Still haven't heard about the name, officially, from the club. Or have we?

I get Arden St. is a no go, it's getting redeveloped no problem etc.

But Werribee and Casey? You can't play Princes Park? Whitten? North Port? Punt Road? Somewhere relatively easy to get to?

Then don't start me on the tassie games. Just woeful.

Same conference as Bulldogs, Melbourne and Adelaide. Possibly three of the best four teams?

I get Arden St. is a no go, it's getting redeveloped no problem etc.

But Werribee and Casey? You can't play Princes Park? Whitten? North Port? Punt Road? Somewhere relatively easy to get to?

Then don't start me on the tassie games. Just woeful.

They've had 18 months to do Arden St.

They've barely broken ground.

Not great.

afl just finding more ways to screw us after we built our powerful list

nothing going to stop us though going all the way

don't blame the afl blame the club... becoming very untrustworthy. So desperate to have an AFLW team they wanted the tassie connection, its a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens if in 5 years time they are still not charging patrons for matches and the competition is running at a loss?

I know for a fact that another prominent AFLW team ran at a loss last year and discussions were had to see if its fixable

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm officially over the Tassie alignment with the club all together now.

Apologies to the Taswegians on the board, but it feels like it's getting rammed down our throats at the moment.

What happens if in 5 years time they are still not charging patrons for matches and the competition is running at a loss?

I know for a fact that another prominent AFLW team ran at a loss last year and discussions were had to see if its fixable

The same thing that happens to AFL clubs currently running at a loss for decades ;)

Pretty much this imo.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genuinely interested in the club's spin on this.

If we are really being conditioned for something dodgy for the club at large this is a strange diplomatic entree to serve the supporters.
Aren't they upgrading Arden St oval first before playing games there? Probably factored into the fixture.

Was the comp set up in the expectations it would be profitable after 7 or 8 years?

If not, then making a loss isn't really an issue, it's the scale that's the issue.

I always understood that it was set up in the expectation that most of the costs would be covered by revenue so that it was not prohibitively expensive, not in the hope revenue would generate profit.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This is not a North Melbourne team.
No it is not.

It is the North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos(or Kangaroos for short). Officially. That was a big reason why North got the license over other clubs such as Richmond and the Saints. The AFL hates both your club and my state after all. They would never give us something we both want without some kind of catch.

The stupid thing about this all is the fact that the team only has 3 home games for the whole "year". Such a stupid schedule/fixture/season length. You were always going to play half of your games down here. It was part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back