Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I'm officially over the Tassie alignment with the club all together now.

Apologies to the Taswegians on the board, but it feels like it's getting rammed down our throats at the moment.

Does our club like being treated like a side bitch and accept what they can get.
Time to man up north and start fighting again

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Well I'm very glad I never took up that "wonderful" opportunity to be a foundation member of the AFLW team for the sum of $75 (I think that's what it was).

What did that entitle us to? Bewildering that fixture. :huh:

Gives us reason to have Fox Footy in February and more clicks for Google trying to find these venues

Folks are forgetting that we are only playing an oversight role in what will eventually be a Tasmanian team anyway. The side will be relocated permanently in Tasmania within 3-5 years.
Fairly accurate. Aim is to end up with a North team and a Tassie team separately.

Just giving each other a leg up to get both established early on.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
We are KANGAROOS in the official AFLW fixture. Triggered. Does no-one remember how hard we fought to lose this generic s**t branding a decade ago? Do they not think about this stuff at all?

And no games in Victoria until half way through the mini-season.

Jesus, they make this harder than it should be. And I'm in love with NMFC having a team - although maybe that's why my disappointment is so intense.

We are KANGAROOS in the official AFLW fixture. Triggered. Does no-one remember how hard we fought to lose this generic s**t branding a decade ago? Do they not think about this stuff at all?

Jesus, they make this harder than it should be. And I'm in love with NMFC having a team - although maybe that's why my disappointment is so intense.

Yep, pretty much the same here. After I saw the shite fixture I messaged my sisters saying 'if you've had a bad day at work at all don't look at the AFLW fixture'. Just to make it worse we were called the Tasmanian Kangaroos in the Age article by Peter Ryan:mad:.
Although I guess it could be worse as the fixture wasn't released in the same week as North announced the extra game in Hobart.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Well I'm very glad I never took up that "wonderful" opportunity to be a foundation member of the AFLW team for the sum of $75 (I think that's what it was).

What did that entitle us to? Bewildering that fixture. :huh:

So the memberships haven't been combined? Excellent.

I suspect they will try to pull this stunt down the track.

We don't have a team - we share a team. You're right - they are making it very hard to get us NMFC members excited.

Think about it.

ONE home game. ONE.
And it’s in Weribee.

Like why even bother.
This team has no indentity and it’s sad as the Melbourne Uni allignment for the better part of a decade was the reason why so many girls came back to play for us.

I hate the AFL. I really do

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Think about it.

ONE home game. ONE.
And it’s in Weribee.

Like why even bother.
This team has no indentity and it’s sad as the Melbourne Uni allignment for the better part of a decade was the reason why so many girls came back to play for us.

I hate the AFL. I really do

We're more than complicit in this equation too.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Interesting to see Gowans say we have a big advantage learning from the 'mistakes' of the other teams in the first two years. It can't be gameplan: It can only be list development. Does anyone see how we've built our list differently from others?
It may be gameplan as well, and also support. One of the issues of the first season I think, was skills were still largely the skills of lower tier football, while pressure and tactics ramped up faster, and the skills (and decision making) couldn't stand up to them. This meant complex gameplans tended to fall apart. Crows had the simplest game plan, just drive it straight forward as fast as you can, and lock it in.

Year 2, overly complex gameplans got wound back. More `football` oriented game styles, eg Demons, improved.

North have a better idea of what gameplan works, and the sort of players they want to implement it.

Support is also an issue, how much can you teach them in the limited time available. What sort of coaching structures get results.

Really getting over this Tassie bullshit. I was stoked for us to get a women's team but it hardly feels like a North Melbourne team at the moment.
Did you expect anything different with the team being "officially" called the North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos and having a great big dirty Map of the Map on the Guernsey? Another epic fail by Funkys Carls. :stern look

I was really looking forward to taking in a game or two. This has really taken the wind out of my sails. Hard to fathom. Arden Street needs to be gotten up to speed asap. VFL & AFLW team have to be playing there regularly. It’s just common sense!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back