News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fixture for the fourth VFLW season features:

• A standalone match between the Southern Saints and Collingwood at the newly revamped RSEA Park in Moorabbin on Sunday May 5, before the remaining five Round 1 games are played the following weekend;
  • 39 VFLW games that form part of double-headers with VFL fixtures;
  • Games being played at several new and unique venues, including: Arden Street in North Melbourne, Central Reserve in Colac, La Trobe University in Bundoora, MARS Stadium in Ballarat, Morwell Recreation Reserve, Queen Elizabeth Oval in Bendigo, Queens Park in Geelong and RSEA Park in Moorabbin;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the Club provide/sell team lists with numbers for tomorrow's practice game? First-time AFLW attender,
won't know many of the players.
They’re in the AFLW phone app.

If you go to the “matches” section and pick any of our games they have the whole list under the players tab.
For example...
65996954-325A-4D2C-9782-A3216755F5B1.jpeg

Saw today's game and now kinda buy it's a tough ask picking those last five or so spots for Round 1. Just about all the players I wasn't too familiar with showed a bit. Trend and Lynch really hard at the ball, and Drennan is more of a credible inside mid option than I figured. Then girls like Jessie Williams and Taylor Mesiti covered the ground quite well (this is assuming I was correctly identifying them all).

Few goals sorta came from nowhere but for the most part each quality foray could be traced back to a touch of class from a Garner contested mark on the wing or Stanton weaving out of traffic in the middle, for example. Can't put a price on that stuff. Dunno where Riddell's been hiding but she looks to belong in that category too.

Saw today's game and now kinda buy it's a tough ask picking those last five or so spots for Round 1. Just about all the players I wasn't too familiar with showed a bit. Trend and Lynch really hard at the ball, and Drennan is more of a credible inside mid option than I figured. Then girls like Jessie Williams and Taylor Mesiti covered the ground quite well (this is assuming I was correctly identifying them all).

Few goals sorta came from nowhere but for the most part each quality foray could be traced back to a touch of class from a Garner contested mark on the wing or Stanton weaving out of traffic in the middle, for example. Can't put a price on that stuff. Dunno where Riddell's been hiding but she looks to belong in that category too.
I think Riddell was considered unlucky to miss out last year. Might have been fitness holding her back. From the look of things, it’s good to see how much contribution the came from some less high profile players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back