News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s call them leaks - and I hate them because you lose a fair bit of control over situations and some times it can be very detrimental.
People love to talk and most times it’s not malicious in intent, but the result can be very counter productive to what we want to achieve. I don’t think some people realise the damage that can be done.
In saying that, I think North is pretty good and most sensitive stuff stays in-house where it belongs. I haven’t had too much to worry about in my time.
With some situations, you can’t control it because there are so many people involved all with different agendas. When it’s player movement or related to contracts, what a manager deems appropriate might be different to the club’s view. Then you can have other clubs talking to media too - so it’s not always a leak within the club.

Hi Heath, speaking of leaks, how's your working relationship with a Big Footy favourite - the much admired, dyed-in-the-wool Shinboner supporter, ol' Damo Barrett?

Hi Heath

Many thanks for stopping by. Really appreciate it and I suspect you'll be up early for a big day tomorrow.

A couple of years ago, someone very senior told me that both NMFC and the AFL want North to be the only club in Tassie. Is this still the case?

happy to answer any questions you might have re development - when you know what’s planned, relocation talk is honestly funny.
While some people my be uncomfortable with the Tassie stuff, it is helping us grow like never before and is enabling us to increase our footprint at home.
Without AFLW, a NM facility expansion would have been unlikely but now we are aiming to start ASAP so it’s ready in time for 2019.
Adelaide has a joint venture with NT for AFLW and believe me, I think the Hawks would wish they did what we did with the Tas govt and AFLTas.
Wasn't aware the NM facility expansion had a chance of going ahead that quickly because of how huge it is. And If this helps our chances with approval etc then that is a pleasant surprise.

Thanks Heath.

Last edited:
Here you go utility, can highly recommend it!
4da7bdc900d5d964600afd8db4b4c7b2.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heath can you guys please start being nice to Damian Barrett so he stops being so nasty in his Sliding Doors column?

Also, can you please clarify whether Utah is still happening? I heard it might have died with Steve Saunders.

Yeah Damo certainly has fallen out of love with North - all off the back of the Boomer departure.

I can confirm that Saunders is alive, and so is Utah.

Hi Heath

Many thanks for stopping by. Really appreciate it and I suspect you'll be up early for a big day tomorrow.

A couple of years ago, someone very senior told me that both NMFC and the AFL want North to be the only club in Tassie. Is this still the case?

There’s been talk about Hawks moving out one day, but more rumour and speculation rather than fact. They keep signing new deals so it seems they’re in it for the long haul like us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s been talk about Hawks moving out one day, but more rumour and speculation rather than fact. They keep signing new deals so it seems they’re in it for the long haul like us

Thanks mate. On another subject, how is it possible to form a functional football team when the team members reside in different states?

Heath, outside of our AFL list, what the plan to fill our VFL side?

Can we expect any mature heads in the form of ex-players? Any involving from Tasmania through our academy?

And what jumper will the VFL team wear?

I can tell you we will wear the club jumper and the focus of the team will be primarily player development and ensuring they’re playing the exact same style as the senior side - so when a player gets called up, it’s a seamless transition. Brad says that the most critical part of the week is the two hours of game time and we’d hand our players over to someone else - albeit a star in John Lamont - but it’s not the same as being a part of one system.
As far as the other details, it’s too early to say but Dave Loader and Andrew Carson are all over it I’m sure

It didn’t stop Adelaide from winning the flag. They had two training bases in SA and NT and trained together in the lead up to games

thanks. One final question: any announcement imminent regarding assistant coaches?

All I’ll say is that Damo is not a popular man at Arden St
Careful mate, he probably scours this board looking for any mention of his name. You should probably now expect to see this in his post-GF sliding doors:

IF any media managers have a problem with the Purple

THEN they should avoid posting about me on BigFooty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back