News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is not.

It is the North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos(or Kangaroos for short). Officially. That was a big reason why North got the license over other clubs such as Richmond and the Saints. The AFL hates both your club and my state after all. They would never give us something we both want without some kind of catch.

The stupid thing about this all is the fact that the team only has 3 home games for the whole "year". Such a stupid schedule/fixture/season length. You were always going to play half of your games down here. It was part of the deal.

We have the longest alignment with any womens football side in the comp.

We should of been the first one in.

Melbourne and the Dogs running a micky mouse rep game for 2 years gave them the front running is akin to Sheedy inventing aboriginal footballers....

Furthermore - where is the game to celebrate 150 years?

Surely our newest team needs to be seen as part of our long, proud history as one of the oldest footy teams.

I'm a glad a team called "North Melbourne-Tasmanian Kangaroos" is excluded from this tbh.

Insult to injury, the Collingwood AFLW fixture has us listed as the ******* "Kangaroos" in some retro pre-2007 throwback thing (all other clubs have their actual names). I assume they couldn't fit in "North Melbourne Tasmania" so abandoned all locations. Big thumbs up.

Fixture absolutely shocked me. Can’t change it but I can change my attitude.
So I’m going to get on with it.
Planning to go to Casey, Avalon and Docklands with my daughters. Catch the other games on the AFL App.
I'm sure that's where I'll be too. Still need to say how disappointing it is, but it's our first year and we can do more from the inside and have more options when the ground is ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a Collingwood v Kangaroos game scheduled at Marvel Stadium. When entry is free anyway, it doesn't really matter who is the "home team" does it?
In a seven game season that is our only game in actual Melbourne. And we only had one chance at a home game in Victoria and we are playing it miles out. It matters when people want to go.

Folks are forgetting that we are only playing an oversight role in what will eventually be a Tasmanian team anyway. The side will be relocated permanently in Tasmania within 3-5 years.

In a seven game season that is our only game in actual Melbourne. And we only had one chance at a home game in Victoria and we are playing it miles out. It matters when people want to go.
If we're any good, it'll be an 8 or 9 game season with two more matches in Melbourne!

They have certainly been successful in making Tassie “a fortress from the get go.” They’ve made sure no Victorian supporters get in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back