Not open for further replies.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Doubt we'll see a better game this season than the Dees-Freo game just then. That was fantastic. It's just too bad it wasn't a free-to-air game because it would have been a great advertisement to the non-believers.

Doubt we'll see a better game this season than the Dees-Freo game just then. That was fantastic. It's just too bad it wasn't a free-to-air game because it would have been a great advertisement to the non-believers.

Can't you watch all the games on the AFL website?

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Can't you watch all the games on the AFL website?
Yeah, but I mean on Seven, where a lot of people still watch most of their footy and will just have it if it's on. I actually think the AFLW has been a bit unlucky over the last couple of years with poor games being on Seven followed by good games that were on Fox.

FB_IMG_1549174623392.jpg

Last edited:
Riddell excellent, Garner very composed, Kearney found a way to make it work despite being tagged - that's why she is a champion

King will be the difference at 187cm - too tall for most players. Luxury to rest her fwd with Randall running around also.

Impressed with Duffin and her awareness around the ground. All in all a very solid start to what is hopefully a successful season

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great performance, but obviously against one of the poorer sides. GWS game should be a good one next Friday night. Garner, King, Riddell our best.

On a side note, I didn't realise until just now that Jenna Bruton and Jazzie Garner are dating. That's an interesting dynamic in the team. Can't imagine it's happened too many times in footy history!
Sydney Swans? Fremantle Dockers?

NTTIAWWT

Oh. Essendon. Fair enough.

Last edited:
I hope it inspires people to get around them and turn up to games. I know most of the locations are inconvenient but after watching that I will try to get to Casey and Avalon to be a part of something pretty special.

Hear hear.

We got a crap schedule in our inaugural year, for sure.

But there's games at Werribee, Casey, and Docklands and I'd hope there's large contingents of NMFC fans cheering in the crowd.

How good is it going to be watching our own AFLW team at Arden st in years to come? Amazing.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Conversely, the Bulldogs Crows game couldn't possibly be a worse game or a greater validation for the non-believers' assertion that women's football is rubbish. A game in which the reigning premiers are completely outclassed, only manage to kick 2 goals in an entire game, yet still fall arse backwards into a lucky win. A game decided by 1 point, yet still boring as hell. Thank god for North Melbourne, who at least try to score goals.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Riddell excellent, Garner very composed, Kearney found a way to make it work despite being tagged - that's why she is a champion

King will be the difference at 187cm - too tall for most players. Luxury to rest her fwd with Randall running around also.

Impressed with Duffin and her awareness around the ground. All in all a very solid start to what is hopefully a successful season

God it shows how small the comp is physically.

King looked like a giant and is only 187....

God it shows how small the comp is physically.

King looked like a giant and is only 187....
It's one reason there was a lot of uproar around the size of Hannah Mouncey, was something like only one player in the comp at the time taller, and she was an absolute beanpole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back