News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Duffin, her ball use was exceptional coming off half back.
2 Riddell, with Kearney being heavily tagged, she carried the midfield particularly in the first half and second quarter where we busted open the game.
1 Gardiner, was a very good forward target, a bit wasteful going for goal holding her back from getting more votes.

Honorable mention to Hardiman and Randall in the back half, Carlton had the ball in the forward half more than we did, had more inside 50s as well, but our defence held up well.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Riddell excellent, Garner very composed, Kearney found a way to make it work despite being tagged - that's why she is a champion

King will be the difference at 187cm - too tall for most players. Luxury to rest her fwd with Randall running around also.

Impressed with Duffin and her awareness around the ground. All in all a very solid start to what is hopefully a successful season
Really like Bruton's game as well.

I thought King played a good game, I am a bit surprised she has been rated as highly as she has though.
On the assumption that a women's game is 70 minutes and men's 120 minutes (someone said that over the weekend, not sure the source), the multiplier for raw stats is about 1.7. So King's game was about the equivalent of a 17-disposal, 12-tackle, 2-3 goal game from a ruck, with almost all the possessions contested. Bloody good.

Also on that basis, Duffin, Kearney, Bruton and Garner had the equivalent of 30-disposal games with KG-J, Riddell and Stanton in the high 20s.

A slightly outdated article on that sort of thing here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wo...s/news-story/509c443e6eadd74554ddc3389b4e6634

Shame the available stats don't have at least the basics the men's games do, like CP, DE%, etc.

Champion Data Rd1:
1549254250364.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to gauge how many of you would be interested in watching all the goals for these games? (hit the like button to keep track)

نعم فعلا

On the assumption that a women's game is 70 minutes and men's 120 minutes (someone said that over the weekend, not sure the source), the multiplier for raw stats is about 1.7. So King's game was about the equivalent of a 17-disposal, 12-tackle, 2-3 goal game from a ruck, with almost all the possessions contested. Bloody good.

Also on that basis, Duffin, Kearney, Bruton and Garner had the equivalent of 30-disposal games with KG-J, Riddell and Stanton in the high 20s.

A slightly outdated article on that sort of thing here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wo...s/news-story/509c443e6eadd74554ddc3389b4e6634

Shame the available stats don't have at least the basics the men's games do, like CP, DE%, etc.

Not just about the stats, we lost the hitouts significantly and Carlton ended up having more of the ball in their forward half and more inside 50s, so we weren't great at the stoppage or first possession work. King's first goal came after she fell over and was given a free kick, the second was a good mark. I dunno, perhaps I have more of a defender's eye, I felt some of our defenders who haven't got a mention were a big part of why we dominated.

Anyone know what has happened to the AFLW jumper supposed to be having all the names on of the donators, I saw Geelong had it on theirs but not us.

Anyone know what has happened to the AFLW jumper supposed to be having all the names on of the donators, I saw Geelong had it on theirs but not us.
It was worn in the practice match against Melbourne, and I expect we'll see it on Friday night against the Giants.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I thought King played a good game, I am a bit surprised she has been rated as highly as she has though.
She was doing everything - rucking, tackling, marking, kicking goals. Hard not to notice her very good work, and some of the others might not be quite so noticeable.

Really even performance, I’m not even going to try to pick a top 3. Loved the defenders if I was going to play favourites.

Brilliant, GR.

Sooooo ... the channel is reborn? Have you got any clarity on what is and isn’t ok?
Slowly. This is a new channel. Nope, just going with the flow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back