News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact of the matter is nobody moves on their (equal) leading goal kicker unless they have a replacement in mind. Hope's delisting only makes sense if we've been able to, against the odds, get Munn to re-commit. We can't afford to have such a sluggish forward line next year, so something had to give even though Mo didn't do much else wrong this season (kicked some terrific clutch goals).

Of course, if we also lose our sole Rising Star nominee then I'm out of answers. I'd expect that to mean we're chasing Frederick-Traub, except I don't see how we could get a trade done to make that happen.
I reckon Mo played her role very well. When she was the main forward with Abba and Daisy Bateman we were too short and slow. I think Abba was better in the middle anyway but the forward line needed Munn and Emma King for the majority of the time. If we could get a kick-ass ruck then Emma King could play forward more which would make Mo even more effective. I don't see what the knock on her could have been, maybe speed or second efforts but I don't think she was worse than a lot of others. She also provided a lot of off field marketability which I think protects the younger players.

My silly as a wheel wife reckons North AFLM should play against North AFLW- I said what you want to further demoralise them.
I reckon you could actually make some decent clips of repeat efforts (especially Kashy attacking the ball and player) which I would play to the guy's team to show what is required as a minimum standard. To think the girls are part time is a further indictment on the performances some of the blokes put in.

There’s gotta be a story behind Mo’s delisting. Onfield, she is definitely best 22. Strange also that she isn’t being offered up for trade. Methinks there’s more to come on this one....

120419_FAD3.jpg

North Melbourne has once again displayed its commitment to women’s football, launching its Father-Daughter Academy.
The girls were given an exclusive tour of the Arden Street facilities, and were put through their paces in some light activities hosted by the club’s AFLW stars.
Jasmine Garner, Jas Grierson, Daisy Bateman and Beth Lynch were all on deck to lend a hand to daughters of North legends such as Brent Harvey, Mick Martyn and Daniel Wells.

120419_FAD4.jpg

120419_FAD2.jpg

120419_FAD1.jpg

120419_FAD5.jpg

120419_FAD6.jpg

120419_FAD3.jpg

North Melbourne has once again displayed its commitment to women’s football, launching its Father-Daughter Academy.
The girls were given an exclusive tour of the Arden Street facilities, and were put through their paces in some light activities hosted by the club’s AFLW stars.
Jasmine Garner, Jas Grierson, Daisy Bateman and Beth Lynch were all on deck to lend a hand to daughters of North legends such as Brent Harvey, Mick Martyn and Daniel Wells.

120419_FAD4.jpg

120419_FAD2.jpg

120419_FAD1.jpg

120419_FAD5.jpg

120419_FAD6.jpg
How cool is that? Look at their faces! I’m rapt they get a go when a few must have been pretty envious of the opportunities their brothers get. The club is kicking a lot of goals with the ladies side of things.

Is that Daniel Harris in the background?

120419_FAD4.jpg

Good to see him back at the club, guess it is safe to return now that Laidley is gone. :stern look

Yep, and he’s remained a staunch supporter of the club since retiring, according to Mrs Toes who sees him every now and then through work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, and he’s remained a staunch supporter of the club since retiring, according to Mrs Toes who sees him every now and then through work.

.......furthermore, old Harro has admitted to perusing BF at times when he’s as worked up as the rest of us with what he’s seeing on field. Although he did say it was a very seldom thing for him.

G’day Harro!

Is that Daniel Harris in the background?

120419_FAD4.jpg

Good to see him back at the club, guess it is safe to return now that Laidley is gone. :stern look

Pleasant surprise to see a former player looking fit and well.

Should've seen out his career at Arden Street, just quietly.

Pleasant surprise to see a former player looking fit and well.

Should've seen out his career at Arden Street, just quietly.

He is only 36, I have a growth on my arse older than him. :stern look How old was Boomer when he retired, 35?

Last edited:
Love me some Harro
Superstar Harro. I reckon if you watched every game against stupid hawthorn that Harro played in, whenever he was in for a centre bounce, that rabbit Mitchell was not. Point being that Harro was the real extractor. Mitchell waited until a lesser being was in there :-D

Superstar Harro. I reckon if you watched every game against stupid hawthorn that Harro played in, whenever he was in for a centre bounce, that rabbit Mitchell was not. Point being that Harro was the real extractor. Mitchell waited until a lesser being was in there :-D

The real highlight was watching Pratt push Lewis' buttons every single game. He was suspended almost every time we played, he got under his skin so bad Lewis kept getting suspended for striking North players long after Pratt was gone, he completely mind ****ed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back