News NMFC AFLW 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key forward Sarah Perkins headlines Adelaide’s delistings. The 2017 premiership player managed just two games this year, playing SANFLW for most of the season, with Sally Riley, Katelyn Rosenzweig and Rheanne Lugg also without contracts.

I can't recall Sarah from the games I watched but she may fill a need for us, they haven't re-signed Stevie Lee Thomson yet who would be a good get if we could convince her to cross the border.

Carlton doesn't seem to have listed it's team or announced any signings, we should try and get Tayla Harris. I thought I heard she was going to one of the expansion teams but I can't see any evidence of that.

I can't recall Sarah from the games I watched but she may fill a need for us, they haven't re-signed Stevie Lee Thomson yet who would be a good get if we could convince her to cross the border.
Question is whether we have any space in our payment structure left to be able to attract a top player. I'd be surprised if we did.

As for Perko, she's... da big girl, albeit a talented footballer. Recruiting her would be fairly contradictory.

10 list vacancies as it stands. Can’t imagine they’d fill them all from the draft. Smith and the Haines twins to be added back in?
I think so, and although I don't want to use the word "quota", there probably is an inclination to fill the last spots on the list with Tasmanian players.

As for Perko, she's... da big girl, albeit a talented footballer. Recruiting her would be fairly contradictory.
Ah I remember now, knocked her teammate over with the goal celebration. I reckon there's a place for that style player in the game with where it is at currently although it would be better to get someone a bit more athletic.

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol Richmond randomly getting pick 1 after trading out their original first rounder for sabrina
And they have pick 7 too ffs how do they even come up with this s**t

Lolworthy

Standby for Nicole Livingstone to be wheeled out to spout some inane nonsense reasoning, then point to the grand final crowd figures to justify every stupid decision she's been involved with.

Joke of a comp.
Im sorry but the way we were shafted with the Tasmania caveat to get a team, then the draft rort and then the conference system - who can take this seriously?
Cheer up mate. Considering the players Fremantle have lost and the longterm injuries Adelaide are dealing with, right now I'm looking at likely team lists and thinking us and Melbourne are going to be a fair way ahead of the pack in 2020, with or without conferences.

Cheer up mate. Considering the players Fremantle have lost and the longterm injuries Adelaide are dealing with, right now I'm looking at likely team lists and thinking us and Melbourne are going to be a fair way ahead of the pack in 2020, with or without conferences.
We are in serious need of a big marking forward. I would wet myself if we could somehow get Conti to come to us.

Pretty sure Conti anounced she was signing with Richmond last week
Not too late to try get her to sign with us instead

Both teams have a first round pick to trade (although Richmond’s was manufactured after already trading one away)

The issue is she has a deal with puma hence Richmond was nominated but it’s not like she would lose that deal if she came to north as she was already with them when at the dogs

Last edited:
Not too late to try get her to sign with us instead

Both teams have a first round lock to trade (although Richmond’s was manufactured after already trading one away)

The issue is she has a deal with puma hence Richmond was nominated but it’s not like she would lose that deal if she came to north as she was already with them when at the dogs
Yeah it's manufactured BS by the AFL and Richmond, I would like us to stick it up them and force their hand. They'd probably come out and penalize us from entering the draft at all. After last year coming down on us on the back of getting a few high profile recruits it is hilarious that they think they can justify this without any questions.

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Regarding our lack of a marking forward, the only thing I can think of is that Scott Gowers plans to have Jas Garner play out of the goal square.

As for the Richmond draft order rort, someone at AFL House is really looking after Kate Sheehan and her list management career.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
North Melbourne:
10, 32, 49, 64, 79

Round 1
1. Richmond (Priority selection 1)
2. Collingwood
3. Brisbane Lions
4. GWS Giants
5. St Kilda Priority selection 1
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Richmond Priority selection 2
8. Melbourne
9. St Kilda Priority selection 2
10. North Melbourne
11. Geelong Cats
12. Fremantle
13. Carlton
14. Adelaide Crows
15. Brisbane Lions - Previously St Kilda (Kate McCarthy Trade)
16. Brisbane Lions - Previously Richmond (Sabrina Frederick Trade)
17. Brisbane Lions - Previously West Coast (McKenzie Dowrick Trade)
18. Gold Coast Suns

Picks by club

Adelaide: 14, 37, 53, 68, 83
Brisbane: 3, 15 (traded from St Kilda), 16 (traded from Richmond), 17 (traded from West Coast), 20 (compensation), 28, 45, 60, 75
Carlton: 13, 36, 52, 67, 82
Collingwood: 2, 26, 44, 59, 74
Fremantle: 12, 21 (compensation), 35, 51, 66, 81
Geelong: 11, 34, 50, 65, 80
Gold Coast: 18, 22 (priority), 38, 42 (priority), 57, 69, 87
Greater Western Sydney: 4, 23 (compensation), 29, 46, 61, 76
Melbourne: 8, 48, 63, 78
Richmond: 1 (priority), 7 (priority), 25 (priority), 31 (priority), 40, 43 (priority), 55, 58 (priority), 71, 73 (priority), 85, 88
St Kilda: 5 (priority), 9 (priority), 27 (priority), 33 (priority), 41, 54, 72, 84, 89
West Coast: 19 (priority), 39, 56, 70, 86, 90
Western Bulldogs: 6, 24 (compensation), 30, 47, 62, 77

Seriously, how the **** did they come up with these picks?

Why wasn't it just Richmond, St Kilda draw straws for 1st 2 picks of every round then reverse ladder position? Where did the priority and compensations come into it? Do we get compensation for Drennan, Stanton and Munn?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
------------------
Update after final list changes:

In the end was pretty close to the pin with predictions.

Retained 13 of the top 15 as I saw them.

Delistings and further poachings came from other groupings (outside the priority players).

Only minor difference between my own prediction and the club's moves was the retention of Lynch and Mesiti ahead of Nanscawen who I thought looked a strong, balanced potential extractor in the midfield.

Encouraged that Tasmanian players weren't just retained by virtue of being, Tasmanian.
------------------

Spots 1-5: Top 3 are pretty clear cut imo. Spots 4 & 5 could swap with 2 of the next group fairly easily.

1 Kearney
2 Duffin
3 Em. King
4 Bruton
5 Gibson

Spots 6-10: positional needs have to be considered hence an emphasis on attributes like pace and defensive positions.

Garner
Ashmore
Gillespie-Jones
Grierson
Randall

Spots 11-15: all these players have shown something to be retained
Hardiman
Abbatangelo

Munn
Riddell
Drennan (I probably rate her higher than most)

Developing players – keep if possible:
Bresnehan
Bateman
El. King
Trend

Nanscawen

On the fringe:
Lynch - will probably go to Richmond
Mesiti

Humphries - club will rate higher, ball use suspect
Stanton - ditto

Haven’t observed enough to comment:
L.Haines, C.Haines
, Smith, Williams,

Other:
Bannister – looks a quality player but hard to assess her ranking

Hope – a wildcard, would guess will be retained but quite hard to exactly rank

------------------
Update after final list changes:

In the end was pretty close to the pin with predictions.

Retained 13 of the top 15 as I saw them.

Delistings and further poachings came from other groupings (outside the priority players).

Only minor difference between my own prediction and the club's moves was the retention of Lynch and Mesiti ahead of Nanscawen who I thought looked a strong, balanced potential extractor in the midfield.

Encouraged that Tasmanian players weren't just retained by virtue of being, Tasmanian.
------------------

Spots 1-5: Top 3 are pretty clear cut imo. Spots 4 & 5 could swap with 2 of the next group fairly easily.

1 Kearney
2 Duffin
3 Em. King
4 Bruton
5 Gibson

Spots 6-10: positional needs have to be considered hence an emphasis on attributes like pace and defensive positions.

Garner
Ashmore
Gillespie-Jones
Grierson
Randall

Spots 11-15: all these players have shown something to be retained
Hardiman
Abbatangelo

Munn
Riddell
Drennan (I probably rate her higher than most)

Developing players – keep if possible:
Bresnehan
Bateman
El. King
Trend

Nanscawen

On the fringe:
Lynch - will probably go to Richmond
Mesiti

Humphries - club will rate higher, ball use suspect
Stanton - ditto

Haven’t observed enough to comment:
L.Haines, C.Haines
, Smith, Williams,

Other:
Bannister – looks a quality player but hard to assess her ranking

Hope – a wildcard, would guess will be retained but quite hard to exactly rank
Yeah it was a good call!

Lol Richmond randomly getting pick 1 after trading out their original first rounder for sabrina
And they have pick 7 too ffs how do they even come up with this s**t

Lolworthy

They really didn't get much from poaching though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back