News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in W news, Kate Gillespie-Jones (Hyph) was just recognised by the AFLPA for her hard work in education. Their notes say:

“North Melbourne’s Kate Gillespie-Jones has spent time balancing her football commitments with finishing her PhD at Monash University.
Gillespie-Jones spent four years dividing her time between AFLW, VFLW, work and studying while researching a new drug treatment for traumatic brain injuries.”

Impressive. Congratulations to Kate.

Also in W news, Kate Gillespie-Jones (Hyph) was just recognised by the AFLPA for her hard work in education. Their notes say:

“North Melbourne’s Kate Gillespie-Jones has spent time balancing her football commitments with finishing her PhD at Monash University.
Gillespie-Jones spent four years dividing her time between AFLW, VFLW, work and studying while researching a new drug treatment for traumatic brain injuries.”

Impressive. Congratulations to Kate.
Screenshot_20190829-215646_Instagram.jpg

It still pisses me off that the AFL rigged the fixture to ensure our team only played one game out of seven in Melbourne. And that one didn't come until near the end of the season.
It was shitty, wasn’t it? If you count Casey as being in Melbourne, which is debatable (hi Quivorir!), there were 3 we could have gone to. One of them being a long weekend was unfortunate too. At least for next season they’ll apparently be expanding to 8 games so we’re guaranteed a couple at Arden St.

Great win to the Mugars today - I was at Vic Park watching Collingwood beat the Saints but we were watching the scores.

Update: only watched the first quarter of the replay so far, Mugars look great and from what I saw today would have to be a good chance to knock off the Saints. Garner four goals and Duffin stalwart in defence, a lot of our North players going very well.

Last edited:
Did Mo Hope find another club to play at?
I thought she was unlucky to be delisted but if her name was Mo McDonald Hope and had a brother Luke she would be still on the list

Great win to the Mugars today - I was at Vic Park watching Collingwood beat the Saints but we were watching the scores.

Update: only watched the first quarter of the replay so far, Mugars look great and from what I saw today would have to be a good chance to knock off the Saints. Garner four goals and Duffin stalwart in defence, a lot of our North players going very well.

Duffin is just a gun. So good today

I think Mo plays for Williamstown.

The girls were great today, Jas Garner was awesome in the first quarter with 4 goals, including one dribbled through with two players hanging off her.

Kearney was good all day and Jess Duffin is an out and out star.

Geelong was probably the better team for the second and third quarters and were coming home with the wind but the girls really stood up. Plenty of good players.

Watching today’s VFLW on the app live stream - too tired from cricket to leave the house. Mugars grabbed some chances but generally outplayed so far by the Saints and a bit lucky to be only a goal down at half time. Defence not too solid today and our midfield - very strong on paper - is getting outworked by their opposition most of the game so far. Looking forward to a better second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came into the thread to ask about those 2 and you answered it already.

Rated them both. What a relief we retained some ball butchering Tasmanians though.
Ha. Had to mention it but they didn’t dominate - the key Saints players weren’t women I knew. (Also it’s funny but a bit unfair as some players naturally wanted to go home once St Kilda got in.)

For our players, I thought Bruton looked the best, and Ash Riddell was also good. Down day in this one but Garner, Gillespie-Jones, Kearney, Gibson (good Tasmanian) and others should be valuable for North again next season. Did we secure Duffin again in the end?

Ha. Had to mention it but they didn’t dominate - the key Saints players weren’t women I knew. (Also it’s funny but a bit unfair as some players naturally wanted to go home once St Kilda got in.)

For our players, I thought Bruton looked the best, and Ash Riddell was also good. Down day in this one but Garner, Gillespie-Jones, Kearney, Gibson (good Tasmanian) and others should be valuable for North again next season. Did we secure Duffin again in the end?

No surprise with Bruton. Hard to tell with Riddell yeh? Absolute goer, I'm curious how she'll look as the class of the entire comp goes up.

Very sure we re-signed Duffin, thank god.

No argument on Gibson but she was a bona fide player already. The other Taswegians feel like somewhat obligatory listings.

Yeah Duffin is definitely playing for us next year. Strangely she was played forward on the weekend and had as quiet a game as I have ever seen from Jess.

Elisha King was in the crowd and said she would be good for this coming weekend (not necessary now) and Kashy was running water but had her wrist in a guard.

At the ground I thought Drennan seemed to have a very good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back