News NMFC AFLW 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The early reports are we will be in a conference with Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS and St. Kilda. Think that will make it much more even than last year, when it was immediately clear one team would harshly miss out on finals (turns out two did). In fact my guess is this would put us in the weaker conference for 2020, but that could be offset for us depending on the quality of opponent we play in our two cross-conference matches.

Fixture comes out tomorrow, which will feature some double-headers with men's pre-season and H&A games.

EDIT: Turns out it will Richmond instead of St. Kilda in our conference. Point stands.

Last edited:
IMG_20191029_112953.jpg

Anybody else sense a "sorry we screwed you over last time" sentiment wafting over them. That's a good fixture for us.
  • 4 non-Vic teams in our conference and we only travel outside of Vic/Tas once.
  • Televised On FTA every second week (took until Round 6 this year I think?)
  • In Conference A, weaker of the two conferences imo
  • Easier cross-conference match-ups than what Brisbane or Geelong got imo (Melbourne might be the toughest opponent but it's balanced out by the probably-struggling Bulldogs, whereas Fremantle and Collingwood should both be strong in 2020). Adelaide did get Carlton and St. Kilda though, which is even more of a gift.
  • And of course, half our home games at Arden Street, although that was always going to happen

I don't mean this to be sexist but some of those women are ******* ugly.

Specifically the draftee with beard and glasses.

The girl who looks like Nathan Hrovat is kinda cute.

I don't want to be racist but I know you've spent time in Scotland but that girl who looks like Hrovat is actually Miss Dundee 2018 and gave up a lucrative modelling contract with Greggs to come to us.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Can anyone provide cliff notes on how the hell the draft order was determined?

Do the AFL not even make a token attempt to hide the rich in this comp?
I think you've provided your own answer there.

Anyway, * them. I'm going to watch more footy at Arden St, you cannot bring me down.

Can anyone provide cliff notes on how the hell the draft order was determined?

Do the AFL not even make a token attempt to hide the rich in this comp?
Every round started off with standard last place gets first pick, 1st gets 10th. The expansion teams then got the 11th-14th pick of every round.

Then compensation picks were given to new teams based on the assessed strength of their FA signings (we don't know who assessed it or how, though). This is why North got jack last year, didn't need the handouts!

Richmond's compo included picks 1 and 7, reflecting their small amount of expansion recruits--although arguably that was generous because I think the quality of those recruits were higher than St. Kilda's (whose compo included picks 5 and 9).

The Bulldogs traded two of their better young players, and that's how they ended up with 4 picks in the top 10.

Last edited:
And of course, half our home games at Arden Street, although that was always going to happen
I was all over the expansion to 8 games for this very reason. You just knew with 7 they'd find a way to screw us. One at Punt Rd is good news for us latte-belt hipster types too. Also going to see if I can find an excuse to get down to North Hobart.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was all over the expansion to 8 games for this very reason. You just knew with 7 they'd find a way to screw us. One at Punt Rd is good news for us latte-belt hipster types too. Also going to see if I can find an excuse to get down to North Hobart.

Yeah love the Arden St and Punt Rd games. Shame about having to drive to Casey Fields again. But it's hardly the worst place to watch a football game.

generalleftfield

Debutant
May 4, 2011
Parkville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
  • And of course, half our home games at Arden Street, although that was always going to happen

I saw only 2 games at Arden St and was disappointed but I guess it makes sense. Still looking froward to jumping on a tram and being able to watch those 2. The 5:10 game could be difficult playing in to a low sun. Also a small side note, I'm happy that its simply called Arden St oval and not Mcnugget Stadium or worse...

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I saw only 2 games at Arden St and was disappointed but I guess it makes sense. Still looking froward to jumping on a tram and being able to watch those 2. The 5:10 game could be difficult playing in to a low sun. Also a small side note, I'm happy that its simply called Arden St oval and not Mcnugget Stadium or worse...

Yeh we'd never sell our Aegis soul like that.

I don't mean this to be sexist but some of those women are ******* ugly.

Specifically the draftee with beard and glasses.

The girl who looks like Nathan Hrovat is kinda cute.

And your avatar is of your most photogenic side?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back