News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long are the AFLW matches? Because on the 28 March it seems the woman are starting at 4:10 and the AFL game is at 4:25, both at the GABBA. Am I missing something?

Another reason why Syria is better that Queensland, they would never have allowed a clash like that in Aleppo

True, when they have clashes in Aleppo, the whole world knows about it.

Selfishly hoping Duffin isn't planning on doing something stupid, like getting back into the Australian team for the T20 World Cup! Killing it in the WBBL this season, third for runs scored atm.

And I'm sure many here aren't interested in cricket, but... good sign of an athlete's character when they step up in the absence of a leader, which is the case currently for Duffin. Heck of a pedigree to have patrolling our backline, and of course her record in world title deciders might be handy when we need some cool heads in big games come April.

Her form didn't drop off either did it.

Thursday Feb 6 Season Launch this time both mens and womens team combined on the same night

Think i saw other clubs doing some joint training sessions also which would be good to view

Thursday Feb 6 Season Launch this time both mens and womens team combined on the same night

Think i saw other clubs doing some joint training sessions also which would be good to view
Yeah I’ve seen the Tigers and Footscray doing the combined training, it looks like a great idea.

Hey Kangas AFLW fans

Too Serious will be holding our 2nd season of AFLW based competition in 2020 during the 2020 AFLW home and away season, building on the success of our 8 team, 7 week competition in 2019.

As AFLW Draftstars is only a weekly comp we are one of the few full season fantasy comps on offer for AFLW next season – the other I know about is at SuperCoach Talk see https://supercoachtalk.com/aflw-fantasy-final-results/ for details of their 2019 competition. Hopefully success of our comp and others elsewhere will lead to SuperCoach and RealDream team comps further down the track.

We are looking to grow numbers substantially so whether you are an AFLW fanatic, general fantasy football or fantasy sports fan or both please consider having a crack at either a keeper league or draft format competition (or both). Also pass on the word to your family, mates and fantasy league buddies if you think they would be keen. Multiple leagues can be formed depending on how many entries we receive.

If your fantasy football site of choice for AFL mens comps is elsewhere that is no issue and this comp will slot in nicely with those who compete in BBL supercoach and AFL Supercoach and AFL Fantasy comps.

Imagine your excitement as you draft the likes of Kearney, Emma King, a stack of emerging Kangas AFLW Superstars and the crème de la crème of the 13 other AFLW sides and battle it out against your fellow league coaches each week.

As the AFLW season commences on Friday 7th February, 2020 pre-season drafts for AFLW comps will need to commence on or around Friday 24th January, depending on league size (ie 6 to 12 teams). AFLW player positions, league draft order, league draft starting time and other details for 2020 will therefore be finalized and listed by Thursday 16th January.

To join up for 2020 ORFFW comps either send me a Direct/Personal message here at Big Footy, click on the link below or send me a tweet or DM at MystixORFFW @MOrffw indicating whether your preference is for a keeper league, annual draft league, or you are willing to have sign up for one of each.

Cheers TTH

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicole Livingstone takes far too much pleasure in calling it North Melbourne Tasmania Football Club. She can go and get f’ed.
I'm hearing you, but it's pretty hard to argue with her when the effin jumper has a massive "tasmania kangaroos" draped right across the front, who's responsible for that?

We probably need a new thread but for now: Jess Duffin will miss next season because she is due to give birth.
Wow! That came a little out of left field, expecting the Cricket to disrupt her premiership winning AFLW season.

Congratulations to Jess. I hope we get to see you in the following seasons.

As people have mentioned, it is a fair effort for Jess to be named captain of the WBBL team when playing in the early stages of pregnancy. Congratulations to them.

I read that North has asked to be allowed to recruit a replacement. No reason for them to say no, is there? Won’t be the last time this comes up and if they want to attract and retain the best it would be worth sending the right message to players and clubs now.

As people have mentioned, it is a fair effort for Jess to be named captain of the WBBL team when playing in the early stages of pregnancy. Congratulations to them.

I read that North has asked to be allowed to recruit a replacement. No reason for them to say no, is there? Won’t be the last time this comes up and if they want to attract and retain the best it would be worth sending the right message to players and clubs now.
Exactly, set up a hard and fast precedent for this, make it fair on all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back