News NMFC AFLW 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The draftees Gavalas, Nestor and M King all showed a bit. Nestor will have to try and fill Jess Duffin's role, but looked more like a solid 1v1 defender than an intercepting boss.

Jenna Bruton has picked up where she left off. A midfield trio of Kearney/Bruton/Riddell would be as good as any in the league.
Will Gavalas and Mia King get much of a centre bounce/midfield opportunity in the close matches behind the big 3 named above ? If not whereabouts do you see there role ?

Last edited:
Will Gavalas and King get much of a centre bounce/midfield opportunity in the close matches behind the big 3 named above ? If not whereabouts do you see there role ?
There’s going to be quite a few rotations through the middle. I think the girls fitness level means they will come on for bursts and swap out. At least that’s what was happening at the practice match.

Is it wrong for a 48yo male to have a little crush on a female footballer who is around the same age as his daughter?
I loved watching her play last season, she is quick, skilled and as hard as nails. And tackles like Zurhaar.

Is it wrong for a 48yo male to have a little crush on a female footballer who is around the same age as his daughter?
I loved watching her play last season, she is quick, skilled and as hard as nails. And tackles like Zurhaar.
Not at all, just don’t tell your missus.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's no secret that a number of the AFLW players happen to be gay. Like you, I have a daughter about the same age as these players and she is also gay. I can't help but think how good it would be to set her up with one of these players, and eventually welcome a North Melbourne champion into the family. Sadly, she says she is not interested in athlete types.

478AF72A-F28B-4762-B2DD-D6762D7228B8.png

anyone else going to this?

Team for Saturday:
Carlton v North Melbourne at Ikon Park, 11am AEDT, Saturday
NORTH MELBOURNE
1. Sophie Abbatangelo, 2. Daria Bannister, 4. Elisha King, 5. Kate Gillespie-Jones, 6. Emma Humphries, 7. Ash Riddell, 8. Aileen Gilroy, 9. Emma Kearney, 10. Kaitlyn Ashmore, 11. Daisy Bateman, 13. Mairead Seoighe, 16. Tahlia Randall, 17. Sarah Wright, 20. Beth Lynch, 21. Jess Trend, 22. Ellie Gavalas, 23. Mia King, 24. Tahni Nestor, 25. Jasmine Garner, 26. Abbey Green, 28. Libby Haines, 31. Danielle Hardiman, 35. Jenna Bruton, 60. Emma King

Fairly sure all 24 named can take part, though it doesn't necessarily mean they will.

No Grierson, so I'll be keeping an eye on Tahni Nestor's "sharp decision-making and neat ball use under pressure" which our defence is otherwise likely to lack on the weekend. Hoping she's come on a bit since her 3 games at Carlton in 2017.

No Bresnehan either, which leaves the backline pretty weak at ground level. Maybe Gavalas or Mia King will get a run down there.

No Gibson, and if any newcomer can provide some compensatory dash off hb then it might be Gilroy the Irishwoman whose "power, speed, and ability to break the lines" is what grabbed the attention of our recruiters.

Mids and fwds basically at full strength.

You can think whatever you like.

Nope, I saw a story about a 19year old married to a 40 something the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back