AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where I can find basic stats of our players? Even games played seems hard to find.
Check out the following website, it does have a section on AFLW.

Australian Football

From the above website, I was able to find some basic details on our playing list. It only gives details on the games they have played for NMFC, but if you click on a players name it gives more details.

Capture2.JPG

Check out the following website, it does have a section on AFLW.

Australian Football

From the above website, I was able to find some basic details on our playing list. It only gives details on the games they have played for NMFC, but if you click on a players name it gives more details.

View attachment 818921
Good get. I'd forgotten about that site. hpnfooty.com were also tracking AFLW stats but don't seem to have kept up to date and I think used these as their source stats anyway.

It mightn't be immediately obvious how to drill down through the options but if you figure it out you can get stuff like game-by-game records per player:

Assuming Green is fit, it's initially a surprise to me. Thinking more about it, possibly just comes down to Lauren Pearce sitting out for Melbourne. Saad is listed as 3cm shorter than Green but quite a bit more mobile and thus a better match-up around the ground for both part-time rucks Cordner and Zanker.

Then again, if that's the theory, I would've just expected KGJ to carry the ruckload and then we'd play another small (such as Mia King).
Abby has been great in the ruck all pre season. Against Carlton she hurt her knee, it was strapped already but she came off in a bit of distress.

I spoke to one of the coaches last night and he said there’s nothing wrong, she has a bit of a history and there’s just a little bit of swelling. They have taken the cautious approach and Viv Saad has been going really well anyway. The match ups with Melbourne helped too.

It will mean Emma King will spend a bit more time in the ruck than she would have.

Beth Lynch has gone from spare parts to (looks to be) main player in a short time.

She's actually carrying herself more relaxed and confident from the young girl who arrived 12 months ago.

I was in Melbourne at open training last year with my little girls and she was great with them. She was genuinely rapt to have people there to watch her train. It's good to see her coming on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

today's game:
Ve-x9S.gif

MELBOURNE v NORTH MELBOURNE
3.10pm AEDT, Saturday, February 8
Casey Fields, Cranbourne East, Vic

• Melbourne has been absolutely decimated by injury and unavailability this pre-season, with six of 30 players completely ruled out, and another three facing tests in order to play.
  • By contrast, it's been full-steam ahead for North Melbourne with strong performances in both practice matches. Look for Emma King to spend a lot more time forward in 2020.
  • Tip: Even with superstar Daisy Pearce returning from pregnancy, North Melbourne will be too much for a decimated Melbourne side. Kangas by 22 points.
The North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos have named five debutants for their opening round clash against Melbourne on Saturday.

The team of 23, proudly powered by Powershop, was named on Thursday afternoon, with Ellie Gavalas, Aileen Gilroy, Vivien Saad and Sarah Wright all preparing for their first AFLW games.

Tahni Nestor, who previously played three games for Carlton, has been named on the half-back flank for her first appearance in the royal blue and white.

North has named a strong lineup for its season-opener, with close to a full list available.

AFLW coach Scott Gowans said the team couldn’t be better prepared.

"Last year we were five (wins) and two (losses), so you would think there wasn't a lot to mend and adjust, but the competition's grown and you need to grow with it.

"The strength of the squad is our debutants ... all of them I think will have a tremendous impact on the competition and be solid players for us."

MELBOURNE v NORTH MELBOURNE
3.10pm AEDT, Saturday, February 8
Casey Fields, Cranbourne East, Vic

• Melbourne has been absolutely decimated by injury and unavailability this pre-season, with six of 30 players completely ruled out, and another three facing tests in order to play.
  • By contrast, it's been full-steam ahead for North Melbourne with strong performances in both practice matches. Look for Emma King to spend a lot more time forward in 2020.
  • Tip: Even with superstar Daisy Pearce returning from pregnancy, North Melbourne will be too much for a decimated Melbourne side. Kangas by 22 points.
The North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos have named five debutants for their opening round clash against Melbourne on Saturday.

The team of 23, proudly powered by Powershop, was named on Thursday afternoon, with Ellie Gavalas, Aileen Gilroy, Vivien Saad and Sarah Wright all preparing for their first AFLW games.

Tahni Nestor, who previously played three games for Carlton, has been named on the half-back flank for her first appearance in the royal blue and white.

North has named a strong lineup for its season-opener, with close to a full list available.

AFLW coach Scott Gowans said the team couldn’t be better prepared.

"Last year we were five (wins) and two (losses), so you would think there wasn't a lot to mend and adjust, but the competition's grown and you need to grow with it.

"The strength of the squad is our debutants ... all of them I think will have a tremendous impact on the competition and be solid players for us."
Best of luck girls👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back