AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year she beat her own records for clearances and contested possessions.

She's a bash and crash type. Not very creative, in fact she turns it over lot.

Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Must say I haven't followed the girls close enough to know how good or bad today was - looking forward to read ing the summaries.
We can play a LOT better than that.
Our intent was there but our tall, marking guns like King and Gillespie-Jones were completely ineffectual in those conditions.
Clearly we have stuff to work on, but we will play much better footy than that through the season.

Free kicks Melbourne's way 28-17. I counted about 14-3 for holding the ball. There were at least three instances in the final quarter were a Melbourne player was able to jump on the ball and then given time to throw the ball out or drop it and tap it on. Jenna Bruton was not given the leeway.
The umpires seemed to be out of position more often than not and guessing in some instances. And of course the commentators were too busy gushing about Daisy's return they didn't call any of the dubious frees, or lack of.

So glad to see Ash Riddell back! Definitely one of the positives to take from this match, for mine. Some of her delivery by foot under pressure was precision. And she's still fearless, despite previous injury. She and Bruton are two of our tiniest players with giant hearts. And I'll take that any day, along with our ferocious tackle count, even if it didn't win us the match this time. Still made it great to watch us smashing the hell out of them at every turn.

We'll sort it out. I have hope! And how great was Kashy's opening tackle in the square and subsequent banana? Love our Kashy to bits.

Go Roo Girls! See you next week. (Also, awesome string of Friday night footy match schedulings in my part of the world. Well done Fixture Gods!:thumbsu: )

Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So glad to see Ash Riddell back! Definitely one of the positives to take from this match, for mine. Some of her delivery by foot under pressure was precision. And she's still fearless, despite previous injury. She and Bruton are two of our tiniest players with giant hearts. And I'll take that any day, along with our ferocious tackle count, even if it didn't win us the match this time. Still made it great to watch us smashing the hell out of them at every turn.

We'll sort it out. I have hope! And how great was Kashy's opening tackle in the square and subsequent banana? Love our Kashy to bits.

Go Roo Girls! See you next week. (Also, awesome string of Friday night footy match schedulings in my part of the world. Well done Fixture Gods!:thumbsu: )
Yes, pretty good fixturing for me here in Mexico, too.

s**t day.
Took an hour and a half to get the 30 minutes to park and get into the ground.
The wind really impacted the game but to both sides.
The Dees played the conditions better. Their spread was excellent with many passages of play where 2 - 3 players taking passes unchecked.
In one instance, possibly 2 they had one player alone in their forward half. A turnover and an easy goal.
At the game, I thought the game was over umpired and that it went the Dees way but I'll watch a replay to assess this.

We can/must do better.

I don’t know if it showed on TV but that wind was similar to Hobart. A Demons shot on goal in the last was aimed at the right hand point post and went oof to the left!

Our girls free flowing game never got going. I thought Danielle Hardiman did well judging the ball in flight and took some important marks in defence.

The umpiring seemed pretty one sided especially in the last quarter when it felt like they had 10 free kicks to zip.

When going to the non scoring end we only went down the side the wind was blowing to. Not a bad idea but they should have centred it through half forward to open things up. It just ended up going out of bounds and then coming back.

Casey is a bit of a sh*thole, I reckon 12 months ago that construction area was in the same state, as was one of the ‘shaded’ areas that has no shade cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back