AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

or a thread ban, that could be something to think about

The irony is that I might never have posted in this thread again this year until you chose to quote me with your pontificating.

There's something else to think about.

The irony is that I might never have posted in this thread again this year until you chose to quote me with your pontificating.

There's something else to think about.
you absolutely lack the basic willpower to resist but sure, it's a nice thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rode my road bike from Macedon to Casey to watch the girls in action yesterday. And i must say, I am bitterly disappointed.
I mean, if I can slug a gut on the bike, survive a chain malfunction (thankfully I had a can of UB40 with me) and survive a tumble going at 70mph, then surely the girls could’ve produced a more fitting display. Call me racist, but that’s how I feel.
And the atmosphere??? Gee whiz. It was like a mall. You couldn’t even hear a pen drop.
Anyway, I’ve just arrived home as I rode back via Bendigo just to get a few kms into the legs. I’ll have a shower, pop a few gels, grab a small family and watch MAFS. Ive got an IQ machine so I can record stuff and watch it later on. One of the benefits I suppose of being underworked and overpaid. 👌

Having watched the North game and bits of the other games.....it's quite clear the skill level still isn't great.

Even early on a lot of the girls were trying to get meterage with their disposal. You're not gonna see the team transition the ball from one side of the ground to the other. You're not gonna see a chain of handballs/15-20m passes up the ground to break the oppositions wall.

I think the way to go is to put all your eggs in one basket......have the best players in the team rotate through the midfield.ie - you put Ashmore back in the middle, use Gillepse Jones as a midfielder instead being used as a utility player, I'd put Gibson in there too....aggressive, big physical presence. Add Kearny, Bruton, Garner & Riddell and you have a very strong midfield.

The brand would still look ugly but I think you'd win more ball have more inside 50's. You kick 4-5 goals in these games and you're a good chance of winning.

Loved watching Riddell play. She is definatley a player. Has great pace, desire and skills to be up there with the best of them.

At the Pies game and saw a group including Jess Trend and Daisy Bateman here. (Only saw them because they saw my North gear and said “go Roos”.)

Eagles outplayed in the second half but looked fast, could go ok.

Round 2 vs GWS in Siberia. Hope the "hometown" support turns up in droves..

Such is the toughness of a truncated season we have just 7 games including a Qld trip (a North Melbourne fixture wouldn't feel right without at least one) to nail ourselves to a top 2 spot.

The main annoyance was that our solid preseason form translated to little when exposed to the elements. Was Brad Scott guest coaching at Casey?

Sidenote: we play 1x home game against a Victorian opponent. Never change AFL.

By people, they mean ‘people who were alive within 50km of the field’.

On that note, am really concerned the AFLW Q-Clash on 22/2 could steal a lot of attention from the Fury-Wilder rematch the next day.

Gonna be costly for sports fans around the world to subscribe to 2x pay per views in the one weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back