AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I found the weekend's game to be '****ing annoying'.

Not sure what was worse, the wind or the way we kicked into it.

Other stuff that irked me....
- players consistently getting caught as a result of slow decision-making.
- the s**t umpiring.
- defenders trying to mark everything instead of punching on occasion.
- trying to play hit up footy in those conditions.
- letting Hore off the chain in the 2nd. The girl's a gun. Super dangerous player that should have been paid more respect.

On the positive side of the ledger....
- Gilroy's debut.
- some of the bone-crunching tackles we laid (including one ripper by the above).
- Saad looks a solid pick-up.
- encouraging return game from Ash.

There was more obviously, but I'm trying to purvey a generally grumpy vibe here.

As someone else mentioned, dropping games when the season is so short stings a bit. Hoping it provides something of a minor reality check in terms of next week's performance. No panic stations, but definitely need to lift on that effort.

Such a shame, she looked good in the preseason and it's such a short season to again miss so much of it.

We only have to finish top 3 to be in the finals, the conferences are better designed this year, and Adelaide recovered from a R1 loss in 2019 to go on and win the flag. Time enough if our women are good enough - and they are good enough.

On a side note, when you see current players up close it is startling how young they are. Even the "veterans".

Bannister our for 3 weeks Bresnehan Should come in

trend and Wright hopefully out for Mia King and Grierson

that way no more passengers and weak links
I reckon Trend was ok, she was going in for a lot of contested balls and some of her possessions were smothered or affected by tackles but I think our main problem was there weren’t more girls going in to the contest as hard. The same with Emma Kearney who was hard at it all day.

I think teaching when it’s time to go and when to stay back is still something they are trying to master.

I played footy with a kid who had had three plates put in his shoulder less than a month earlier.

We only let him play because it was his only ever chance to play a game with his old man, and it might have cost him a draft spot.

We pulled him off after a half. Tough kid.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I found the weekend's game to be '****ing annoying'.

Not sure what was worse, the wind or the way we kicked into it.

Other stuff that irked me....
- players consistently getting caught as a result of slow decision-making.
- the s**t umpiring.
- defenders trying to mark everything instead of punching on occasion.
- trying to play hit up footy in those conditions.
- letting Hore off the chain in the 2nd. The girl's a gun. Super dangerous player that should have been paid more respect.

On the positive side of the ledger....
- Gilroy's debut.
- some of the bone-crunching tackles we laid (including one ripper by the above).
- Saad looks a solid pick-up.
- encouraging return game from Ash.

There was more obviously, but I'm trying to purvey a generally grumpy vibe here.

As someone else mentioned, dropping games when the season is so short stings a bit. Hoping it provides something of a minor reality check in terms of next week's performance. No panic stations, but definitely need to lift on that effort.

So you scored it an 11? :)

Adelaide lost their first game last year, didn't hurt them.

Well I'm not too worried, given my prediction earlier in the thread:
Tip: Melb by 6 points
---
but we'll smash em in the grand final
...although, of course, nothing would be as reassuring as an immediate bounce back on Saturday. I'm tipping a steady two-goal win over GWS, and hoping to see a return to the more daring ball movement of last year (and the practice match vs Carlton). Too conservative against Melbourne, particularly in the 3rd quarter, and I think the reasons for that are a) covered in the previous few pages, and b) easily correctable.

Adelaide are at a whole other level to everyone else in AFLW though.
They were last year, but injuries to star players has levelled the playing field.
I do think they will dominate the league for some time, until Port has their own team and SA's finest can be dispersed a little more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The older I get the less people play and the less hyped I am but nonetheless AFL Fantasy is back for 2020! Twinkletoes can we sticky this till round 1 please

Congrats to Harris 10 for highscoring last year. llama2 is still waiting for his badge from 4 years ago so dont expect any recognition from Chief

I have sent invites out to top ranked 2019 players who are Harris 10 Jay-Z Spaking Dassyboy indy nile The chorus stainedclass Aussie_Roo Boro DrZaius Jimmy's Hot Dogs Boozeroo Gippy Roo Wels Eicke and MagicDaw
Please read your inbox and join the league via the PIN

Any new players or interested players looking to return I am hoping to set up the 2nd Division this week also!

Watching the replay vs GWS over several days, I get impressed more each time I see Randall. Doesn't just control the air, uses it well too.

Conversely Hyphen turned it over a bit with some poor execution.

Saad is an interesting player eh? Like an AFLW Nic Nat in the contest. As someone said, she doesn't win the taps but seems to win possession immediately afterwards too often for it to be a fluke. Her reluctance to kick was pretty funny.

Bruton and Garner just continued where they left off in 2019.

Gavalas is a curious player, not quite finishing off the work yet but looks to have a low centre of gravity and something different about the way she moves through congestion. I thought Nanscewan had promise in a similar way though before she got delisted so what do I know?

Watching the replay vs GWS over several days, I get impressed more each time I see Randall. Doesn't just control the air, uses it well too.

Saad is an interesting player eh? Like an AFLW Nic Nat in the contest. As someone said, she doesn't win the taps but seems to win possession immediately afterwards too often for it to be a fluke. Her reluctance to kick was pretty funny.

Gavalas is a curious player, not quite finishing off the work yet but looks to have a low centre of gravity and something different about the way she moves through congestion. I thought Nanscewan had promise in a similar way though before she got delisted so what do I know?

Agree with all of this

Randall has become a bonafide gun!

Gavalas, Bruton and Riddell are our own version of the Mosquito fleet. Short in stature (I think they are all around 160-162cms), swarm like bees and hit with venom. I do enjoy watching them battle away in close. Riddell's ability to find a teammate in tight situations is quite brilliant.

Gavalas, Bruton and Riddell are our own version of the Mosquito fleet. Short in stature (I think they are all around 160-162cms), swarm like bees and hit with venom. I do enjoy watching them battle away in close. Riddell's ability to find a teammate in tight situations is quite brilliant.

Riddell how could I forget her.

Chatting on here a couple of weeks ago I underrated her class. A very busy player but good user too. A better overall player than Stanton imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back