Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolute thriller.

So many outstanding moments of great footy.
Collingwood also had some good moments which makes the value of the North girl's win even better.

North didn't have the same polish as they showed in recent weeks and fewer players dominated today, but they are a good team and they play very watchable football.

I'm still shaking, that was nerve wracking. They were lucky to get away with that in the end. I thought Chloe Molloy was going to kick that last goal. Great effort by the girls to stand tall. Hopefully they can play nearer their best next week.

Same...

I was sitting there visualising the ball hitting the side of her boot as intently as I could.

Lucky the pressure got to her

People catching onto how poor Trend is
Hopefully 1 of elisha king or bannister are fit to come in
otherwise Beth Lynch has the intensity required for finals footy

and would think Arden street instead of playing at blues home ground like we did today
Especially if blues win would mean the lower ranked prelim team would get home ground so surely not

Last edited:

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
the girls probably played their worst game as team today. in saying that, they did not deserve to lose and it would have been a travesty if they did. I wanted to win by plenty but a 2 point win against the pies is even better knowing that they were so close to winning. nothing against the girls of collingwood, but I do have plenty against the club they play for.

and as many have stated, the umpires were trying their hardest to get collingwood over the line. some of the decisions were absolutely atrocious. i am still trying to figure out how riddell got a free paid against her in that last quarter when it looked like a great tackle and we were about to go into our forward line. I don't actually think I will be able to figure that out and it will remain a mystery to me.

and as for the commentators, did anyone else hear the disappointment in the st kilda's coaches sigh (i thhink it was her) when collingwood was lining up for goal to put them in front in the last but she didn't score a goal? so much for neutral commentating. but as north melbourne supporters we are all used to it.

and would think Arden street instead of playing at blues home ground like we did today

I would love that, but from a TV-production point of view there's more infrastructure for more cameras at Ikon, hence...

I’ve mentioned this a few times this season already. I’m really surprised the coaching team continue to allow it to happen. On no account should Saad ever be within 30 metres of our defensive end. It only serves to ruin her confidence and give away goals. She’s so much more effective outside our defensive 50. I don’t in any way consider myself an expert but this seems so glaringly obvious. How could our coaches keep sending her back? Also, how did Trend not get a free, given such an obvious sling tackle. That cost us a crucial goal (apart from opening the gates to the usual “Trend hategate on here”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now that I've calmed down. That was a frustrating game to watch, we were never really able to play to our strengths which is full credit to Collingwood, they were able to use their pressure and speed to keep it tight and restrict out run through the middle. They were able to congest our forward 50 so we were unable to find an open forward and they were one of a few teams that were able to hold the ball inside their attacking 50 for large periods. They were the better team for most of the game, which makes our victory all the sweeter.

Davey did very well to contain Garner for most of the game, but Jassy still had her moments, and none bigger than that mark in the final 20 seconds. She is the best player in the game at the moment.

For us, Bruton, Riddell, Kearney and Grierson were all good, and others all played well at different times, but a special mention to Gavalas. Her ability to win the ball in tight and break free is every bit as good as Riddell's and her distribution has been improving with every game. And the goal right on the halftime, absolutely brilliant. And vital as it turned out. She is hard as the come, determined and gives 110% every game. Gotta love players like her.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now that I've calmed down. That was a frustrating game to watch, we were never really able to play to our strengths which is full credit to Collingwood, they were able to use their pressure and speed to keep it tight and restrict out run through the middle. They were able to congest our forward 50 so we were unable to find an open forward and they were one of a few teams that were able to hold the ball inside their attacking 50 for large periods. They were the better team for most of the game, which makes our victory all the sweeter.

Davey did very well to contain Garner for most of the game, but Jassy still had her moments, and none bigger than that mark in the final 20 seconds. She is the best player in the game at the moment.

For us, Bruton, Riddell, Kearney and Grierson were all good, and others all played well at different times, but a special mention to Gavalas. Her ability to win the ball in tight and break free is every bit as good as Riddell's and her distribution has been improving with every game. And the goal right on the halftime, absolutely brilliant. And vital as it turned out. She is hard as the come, determined and gives 110% every game. Gotta love players like her.

Great post. Agree with all points. Bri Davey had a great game. Was so good to see the girls find that little bit extra to get the W. I'm pumped!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back