AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I get the distinct impression that we as a supporter group don’t really take to Emma Kearney. However, she’s clearly the Boomer Harvey of our AFLW team. I reckon she deserves more love around here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're delusional. There isn't a single person in our AFLW supporter group who doesn't love Emma Kearney.

I get the distinct impression that we as a supporter group don’t really take to Emma Kearney. However, she’s clearly the Boomer Harvey of our AFLW team. I reckon she deserves more love around here.

She is awesome.

My eldest daughter loves her.

Probably a longshot guys, but if anyone here is from Gold coast/Brisbane, i'd love to catch up at a pub somewhere for our game next weekend, otherwise optimistically, the grand final.

I love her. She is as tough as nails and more often than not can be relied on to deliver when required.

Firstly, let me just say phew.

So glad we overran them, albeit marginally, and then held on for the win. Would have been an absolute ****ing travesty if we'd been bundled out.

Credit to the Pies for playing some quality footy. At the same time, it's Collingwood. So, you know, awesome.

A few quick thoughts....

- Some of Grierson's use by foot early in that First Q was a joy to watch.
- Loving Bateman's work this season. Still doesn't get a whole heap of it but (as Luke said earlier) she's good for a goal or two a game and has a knack of bobbing up at some very opportune moments. Has always had the ability to get into good spots, but in the past hasn't been able to reap the rewards scoreboard-wise. She's attacking the ball and opponent much harder this season which I reckon has been the key. Gutsy effort today. Quickly developing into a very competent footballer.
- Trend had an absolute 'mare, but has been mostly solid in previous outings this season. So let's not go too crazy with the revisionism. Saying that, she absolutely does need to speed up her decision-making.
- While we're on the subject, I love her intercept marking and she reads the play really well, but Randall could do with a little acceleration in the brainbox dept when she has ball in hand, too.
- More good work from Gavalas.
- Bruton a little fumblier than usual. Normally such a one-touch player. But as usual, she continued to work her butt off and had some very important touches when the game was on the line. Ended the day as one of our better players.
- Kearney and Riddell both played rippers. Ash just never quits pushing and working. Hard as a cat's head, too. She's freaking brilliant.
- Umpiring was indeed truly ridiculous. I don't even.
- And last but not least.....dat mark.

Put the girls in isolation at some impossibly remote location, and bring on next week!

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GRM, Williams
We had some mental problems in the second quarter but pleasingly shut them out of our heads. Great win im the end and a shining light during a weird period of history. Our team needs to work on reducing its double-grabbing. Just too many 50/50 balls that aren’t taken cleanly which frustrates me.

F3F60CC1-F3F5-4558-A9C5-23BEACBCA25D.png

Freo. Good lord.
Only watched the last Q....Garner mark was all class.Watched a bit of the Freo game, concerned they are next level.
Thoughts and feeling from others who watch more of the W than myself?
The two games where Freo have looked amazing were against a hapless West Coast and exhausted Gold Coast. They’ve been run close by some average teams including the Dogs & Saints. Got away with not having to play Melbourne or Carlton.

They’re a good side no doubt but very beatable, unlike Adelaide last year.

The two games where Freo have looked amazing were against a hapless West Coast and exhausted Gold Coast. They’ve been run close by some average teams including the Dogs & Saints. Got away with not having to play Melbourne or Carlton.

They’re a good side no doubt but very beatable, unlike Adelaide last year.
Melbourne are running out of players big time. Freo play a pretty hard game, in the match highlights you see half a dozen GC girls getting taken out. I suspect they will do it pretty easy against the Demons.

We really need to nullify Gemma Houghton and Duffy in their forward line if we are to face them in the GF. They are very dangerous players.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Melbourne are running out of players big time. Freo play a pretty hard game, in the match highlights you see half a dozen GC girls getting taken out. I suspect they will do it pretty easy against the Demons.

We really need to nullify Gemma Houghton and Duffy in their forward line if we are to face them in the GF. They are very dangerous players.

I reckon Duffy could kick 8 against our men's side given our inability to shut down small forwards lol

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It’s the physical contested teams that challenge us most.

You're delusional. There isn't a single person in our AFLW supporter group who doesn't love Emma Kearney.

I’d hardly go so far as to say I’m delusional. However, if I was I wouldn’t know it - moot point. Same would go for us all. I just made a comment based on reviewing the general responses in Gameday threads. It’s not important, really. I was only making the point that she’s excellent and, probably, deserves more praise. All good.

I’d hardly go so far as to say I’m delusional. However, if I was I wouldn’t know it - moot point. Same would go for us all. I just made a comment based on reviewing the general responses in Gameday threads. It’s not important, really. I was only making the point that she’s excellent and, probably, deserves more praise. All good.

I agree that she doesn’t get kudos she deserves, she has dominated this season. I think like many stars she is graded at a higher level due to her consistent high output.

Starting to feel like the season may end before we get the opportunity to fight for a flag. :'(
With Carlton looking the goods to win, fly Fremantle over to Melbourne and play the Prelims on Wednesday or Thursday and the Grand Final next Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back