AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

When any AFL team finishes in top position these days it populates half the AA spots.

When a North Melbourne team of either variety does it, 1x starting spot and 2x bench spots will do.

Bruton, Ashmore and Randall all had claims to the AA team IMO.
Garner is a midfielder but they put her in the forward line?
Yeah anything to stack more mids in

garner should be slotted into the midfield
Ashmore takes Her hff and they can get rid of one of the extra mids like Monahan or hore, Bruton should have been in over these 2 also

Also Randall arguably ahead of lutkins

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phillip Island Bulldogs/Lions AFLW
Long time coming, but hopefully this puts a smile on some Shinboner faces: https://thewomensgame.com/news/weve...riddell-on-her-journey-to-the-big-time-539811

Was a ripper interview to conduct; we ended up going a bit overtime talking about everything from the Geelong game to finals preparation and Fitzroy as a community club (plenty of content on the cutting room floor, even just having a bit of a laugh). Ash is a fantastic person to have around your club attitude-wise and I'm sure you'll agree, you couldn't really ask more of her when she steps over the white line.

Thanks for letting me enter your little virtual world in 2020 - carn the Kangas in 2021!

Last edited:
We had easily the best attack in the league and the second best defence. The only positive out of the lack of AA representation is that it underlines the team performance rather than individuals.

That said Tahlia Randall and Aileen Gilroy both would have been worthy selections and Kashy as the equal leading goal kicker (I think I’m right) did enough to earn her place.

To have a team that was clearly better than any in our conference and probably better than any in the other (bar Freo and I’m sure we would have beaten them) the lack of recognition is a farce. Hopefully it’s further ammo to finally win our flag next year.

That loss to Melbourne is really coming back to bite us, it appears to give everyone a reason to ignore our players when it comes time to handing out various accolades. This time Daisy Bateman who finished in the top 10 for goal scoring misses out on a place in the 22under22 squad.

Jasmine Grierson was the only Shinboner to make the list.

Crows dominate inaugural 22under22 squad

Would have been interesting to see how Elisha King had of fared if she wasn't injured because I thought her forward pressure was better than anyone's I had seen and is a more consistant tackler than Bateman, or a couple of Adelaide girls who made the list.

Last edited:
That said Tahlia Randall and Aileen Gilroy both would have been worthy selections and Kashy as the equal leading goal kicker (I think I’m right) did enough to earn her place.

Kaitlyn finished third with 9, behind Duffy with 12 and Greiser with 10. NMFC had three players in the top 10 (Ashmore 9, Garner 8 and Bateman 7) and Abbatangelo finished just outside the 10 with 6.

I actually thought Grierson was our best defender, she was rarely beaten in a one-on-one contest and her attacking kicking was the catalyst for a number of goals from a back half.

Kaitlyn finished third with 9, behind Duffy with 12 and Greiser with 10. NMFC had three players in the top 10 (Ashmore 9, Garner 8 and Bateman 7) and Abbatangelo finished just outside the 10 with 6.

I actually thought Grierson was our best defender, she was rarely beaten in a one-on-one contest and her attacking kicking was the catalyst for a number of goals from a back half.
Yeah I think Kashy was equal top going into that last round but Duffy had a field day and Grieser kicked a couple. Still deserving of a place as her speed and pressure acts are the best in the league.

Jas Grierson was very good. I find she doesn’t stand out to me often during games but when you watch a replay you notice how good she is. Her disposal would have to be about the best in the team and she is like Dustin Fletcher with those long arms spoiling from anywhere.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I think Kashy was equal top going into that last round but Duffy had a field day and Grieser kicked a couple. Still deserving of a place as her speed and pressure acts are the best in the league.

Jas Grierson was very good. I find she doesn’t stand out to me often during games but when you watch a replay you notice how good she is. Her disposal would have to be about the best in the team and she is like Dustin Fletcher with those long arms spoiling from anywhere.

Kashy's tackling is underrated and yes Jas Grierson is a beautiful kick!!

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Amazing to think we were worried about our defence when Jess Duffin succumbed to her season-ending condition.

GaelicCat

Debutant
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From Aileens Facebook page

The last few days have being nothing short of crazy with many mixed emotions. But reflecting back to October, the time I have spent in Melbourne and at north Melbourne club, has just being amazing. From making best friends for life to learning how to kick a footy 😅 would like to thank north fans, sponsors and my teammates who have being nothing but being welcoming since day one even if ya cant understand us at times 😂😅 it is unfortunate how it all had to end but it is more important that we keep ourselves and our loved ones safe and healthy at this moment of time.

Until next season seeee yaaaaa Melbourne, hellooooo isolation
🇦🇺➡️🇮🇪🛬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back