AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She needs a sports psyche or to meditate/do breathing exercises or whatever. So she can stay present in the moment instead of thinking about the next thing while she does the thing she is doing now.
‘Spent it before she had it’

I think Smith maybe even surprised herself at how well she’s adapted to her role as a defensive midfielder.

She gets into dangerous position forward of centre as well. If she can add another 5 metres to her kicking (think she can) and develop her speed over 5 metres she could be a two way beast.

I agree that Amy Smith has had a terrific year and really established herself, as has Brooke Brown, Alice O'Laughlin, Kim Rennie, and Tahlia Randall.

I feel that for the first time, we have gone beyond 4 or 5 stars and a whole bunch of passengers. We now have quality all over the park.

We have so much to look forward to with Charli Granville, Sophia McCarthy, Zoe Savarirayan and Taylah Gatt destined for bigger things. And Vikki and Rikki have the potential to rip the competition apart.

Ridell is generally immense every week. Would love her to get some cleaner ball on the inside. Or, okay to her strengths as a ball winner and setup for her and Mia King to realise by hand to our outside players.

Sad result, dominated the third quarter with 18 inside 50s to 2 and we kicked 2 points to nothing. I've made my thoughts on Crock earlier, great guy and all but strategically we are the worst of the top 4 sides and we've had significant problems beating any of them simply because we shoot ourselves in the foot, expend so much energy for so little reward.

It is just a shame, these ladies have busted their arse for a few years now, they should have something more to show for it.

Just doing some reading.

2020 draft looks like we did really well.

Eddie (13)
O’Loughlin (22)
Hammond (44)
Brown (49)
Smith (55 F/D)

Outside of Hammond all have shown something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching this weekends games, physically Ade, BL and D's looked significantly leaner, stronger and fitter than the other teams I've seen play this season.

Like our men's team, are we missing someone with a set of serious wheels in the forward half for the sling shot and getting it out the back?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching this weekends games, physically Ade, BL and D's looked significantly leaner, stronger and fitter than the other teams I've seen play this season.

Like our men's team, are we missing someone with a set of serious wheels in the forward half for the sling shot and getting it out the back?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's probably Chuck.

Super proud too.
But at the end of day didn’t deliver for another year with a very good list.
I think we are all very acceptable & conforming seeing some finals action compared to our senior men’s list.
At the end of the day the list needs an overhaul… think we need to go backwards to go forward in the next year or two .
Crocks including. Comes from the coaching school as Bard Scott .,.(no plan B) … pick his favourite players ….
We don't have to throw out the baby with bath water, we showed in the four games against Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide that we can compete with them. 2022 was an unusual year, we played two seasons and there was a short turnaround between them and there was an abbreviated preseason before the start of this season. The smarter idea would be to build around the talent we already have on our list and be more targeted in who we bring in for next season.

It would be nice if we could find a bigger bodied midfielder (similar to McKenzie) who could support Garner, all our other mids are quite small and can be pushed off the ball quite easily. Replacements for Abbatangelo and maybe Kearney could be on the cards as they will be 33 and 34 respectively next year and another tall defender would be nice.

As we ponder lost AFLW opportunities while sullenly downing our post prelim loss Chaddy Food Court sourced Chicken Chow Mein, it’s noted that this thread’s way beyond the 10k post limit.

Sooooo, carry on but do so in the next iteration of the North AFLW thread. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back