AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a goer but does she have the production or class of the top mids?

That's not rhetorical just haven't seen enough to judge.
Very small sample size - a debut game, an injury game, and a pre-season hitout, but yeah. Even though Collingwood weren't much chop in the extended match sim, she absolutely tore them up. Looks more confident at the level in her second season and hungry after missing most of 2019. Should slot into the ball magnet role vacated by Jamie Stanton, but IMHO will be more aggressive and dynamic.

She's a goer but does she have the production or class of the top mids?

That's not rhetorical just haven't seen enough to judge.
I think Jenna is physically smaller and a bit more outside than a Hatchard or Phillips, or that girl from Freo, but she covers the ground well and gets a lot of the ball.

I think Jenna is physically smaller and a bit more outside than a Hatchard or Phillips, or that girl from Freo, but she covers the ground well and gets a lot of the ball.

One touch player. Has possibly the cleanest pair of hands in the AFLW in stoppage contested ball situations.

Inaugural (and thoroughly deserved) B&F winner.

Reads the game beautifully, too. Very clever player.

Staggered by the lack of love she seems to receive from all in Sunbury. She's an absolute gun.

Very small sample size - a debut game, an injury game, and a pre-season hitout, but yeah. Even though Collingwood weren't much chop in the extended match sim, she absolutely tore them up. Looks more confident at the level in her second season and hungry after missing most of 2019. Should slot into the ball magnet role vacated by Jamie Stanton, but IMHO will be more aggressive and dynamic.
One touch player. Has possibly the cleanest pair of hands in the AFLW in stoppage contested ball situations.

Inaugural (and thoroughly deserved) B&F winner.

Reads the game beautifully, too. Very clever player.

Staggered by the lack of love she seems to receive from all in Sunbury. She's an absolute gun.
Hang on, I thought we were talking about Ash Riddell. That’s who I meant. Agreed on Bruton tho.

Had a suspicion you might have been given the 'haven't seen a lot of her yet' call.

I blame Luke72.

It might've been my bad quoting. So long ago I can't remember.

Riddell is a joy in a Kayne Turner kinda way, lots of grunt and energy.

But Bruton is a class above (so far).

Weekends teams have been announced.

MELBOURNE

B:
L.Birch 9 M.Downie 2
HB: G.Colvin 32 S.Goldrick 23 D.Pearce - C 6
C: C.Sherriff 18 T.Hanks 28 C.Emonson 11
HF: K.Hore 10 E.Zanker 29 S.Scott 12
F: T.Cunningham 1 A.Newman 16
Foll: H.Cordner 21 K.Paxman 4 E.O'Dea 5
I/C: S.Heath 30 M.Gay 3 M.Guerin 22 A.Kemp 36 S.Lampard 8
Emerg: B.Tarrant 20 K.Petrevski 31

North Melbourne

B:
T.Randall 16 B.Gibson 18
HB: T.Nestor 24 D.Hardiman 31 B.Lynch 20
C: J.Trend 21 A.Riddell 7 J.Bruton 35
HF: S.Abbatangelo 1 K.Gillespie-Jones 5 El.King 4
F: Em.King 60 K.Ashmore 10
Foll: V.Saad 39 J.Garner 25 E.Kearney - C 9
I/C: D.Bannister 2 A.Gilroy 8 D.Bateman 11 S.Wright 17 E.Gavalas 22
Emerg: N.Bresnehan 12 J.Grierson 19

Round 1 Team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Saad playing ahead of Green who seemed to get a lot of pre-season wraps a surprise ?
Assuming Green is fit, it's initially a surprise to me. Thinking more about it, possibly just comes down to Lauren Pearce sitting out for Melbourne. Saad is listed as 3cm shorter than Green but quite a bit more mobile and thus a better match-up around the ground for both part-time rucks Cordner and Zanker.

Then again, if that's the theory, I would've just expected KGJ to carry the ruckload and then we'd play another small (such as Mia King).

Beth Lynch has gone from spare parts to (looks to be) main player in a short time.

She's actually carrying herself more relaxed and confident from the young girl who arrived 12 months ago.

Beth "The Good" Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back