AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

Roman Roy

I’m dumb, but I’m smart.
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No need to melt over an honest opinion. Bonnici and Marinoff are downhill skiers, just like Emma King. I watch games with both eyes and call it how I see it.
I don't think you understand the meaning of downhill skier if you are applying the term to those players.

Teen Wolf

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rancho Carne Toros
Ok so how on God's green Earth can Emma King be described as a downhill skier?
Good question, not sure why you didn't ask it sooner.

Smacked around by every decent ruckman in the last two seasons and had no influence when thrown forward during tight matches. Didn't seem to be the case in early 2019, but unfortunately hasn't turned up since against any quality of note.

Roman Roy

I’m dumb, but I’m smart.
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good question, not sure why you didn't ask it sooner.

Smacked around by every decent ruckman in the last two seasons and had no influence when thrown forward during tight matches. Didn't seem to be the case in early 2019, but unfortunately hasn't turned up since against any quality of note.
Aside from being close to our best in the last game we played. FFS.

Teen Wolf

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rancho Carne Toros
This is an odd hill to die on.
That is an odd and melodramatic characterisation of a rather typical football discussion in the perfectly appropriate forum.

Pure hypothetical: If it ends up being revealed that she said to the club last week "give me more money or I'm going to Richmond", you and a few others would change your tune in a heartbeat. Which is fine, but let's not pretend I'm the one being irrational.

Hearts to hearts

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Ash Riddell came home with a wet sail to get past Kashy and Jenna Bruton to get third.

The top two stayed there through the whole count, with Jas just staying ahead of Emma Kearney.

Mia King best young player after her breakout season.

Congratulations to everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke72

Premium Platinum
Aug 21, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had the pleasure of attending the B&F last night and it was great fun. I think that it’s my favourite of all these types of events. The girls are really friendly and happy to chat. They also seem to be given a bit more leeway to enjoy the night than the dudes.

I had a chat to Sean Smith who was saying he had suffered from repercussions of concussions across his career. He reckons he had about 15 serious concussions. I recall a couple of big falls after he flew for marks.

Elisha King should be back out playing with the VFL girls in a couple of weeks.

I asked Grace Campbell about the Collingwood final and why she pushed her opponent who was trying to help her get to her feet and she reckoned it was because she had been really annoying during the match.

Crocks spoke well and I think there’s really good feeling amongst the group.

Last edited:

Roman Roy

I’m dumb, but I’m smart.
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had the pleasure of attending the B&F last night and it was great fun. I think that it’s my favourite of all these types of events. The girls are really friendly and happy to chat. They also seem to be give. A bit more leeway to enjoy the night than the dudes.

I had a chat to Sean Smith who was saying he had suffered from repercussions of concussions across his career. He reckons he had about 15 serious concussions. I recall a couple of serious falls after he flew for marks.

Elisha King should be back out playing with the VFL girls in a couple of weeks.

I asked Grace Campbell about the Collingwood final and why she pushed her opponent who was trying to help her get to her feet and she reckoned it was because she had been really annoying during the match.

Crocks spoke well and I think there’s really good feeling amongst the group.
I would say that for those who remember, an AFLW function is a bit like the old players' BBQ from 15 or so years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad