Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
No more footy (or anything) in Vic from today. AFLW f’ed up. Should have been Freo v North, only opposition supporters and players would argue otherwise. Now there is a massive chance of no result.
The only way that get around it is to fly in the face of the intention to close down non-essential services and squeeze in a GF in WA in the next couple of days. Which would be stupid, of course, but it is the AFL.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Probably a longshot guys, but if anyone here is from Gold coast/Brisbane, i'd love to catch up at a pub somewhere for our game next weekend, otherwise optimistically, the grand final.
Hatchy I should be around next weekend in Brissy to watch the game. Not sure of the time but just putting it out there so you know

Edit, sorry I'm behind the times

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
AFL might be cancelled as well if the situation gets worse than now.
Whatever.
No toilet paper, no milk, no egg, no meat, no bread, no soup, no footy.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
The AFL Commission f’ed up not having the Grand Final this weekend, and now the players are paying for that stupidity.
I liked this post, from the perspective that IF they played this weekend, it should have been considered the last weekend of football. That much was clear.
However, it should have been cancelled before the Geelong game. That much has been clear, with respect to COVID-19.

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phillip Island Bulldogs/Lions AFLW
I'm gutted - went to Princes Park today to take pressers and the entire box's vibe was really low.

Even asking Harf about playing your side next game, his attempts to show readiness and hunger in the face of inevitability felt quixotic at best.

I've loved every minute of taking in North's season from a privileged position and I hope to get the chance to do the same in 2021.

In a very very small silver lining, my Ash Riddell long form interview is going to be published in the next few days (it was supposed to be this week, but things got kinda hectic...), she deserves every positive line written about her after how big an impact she's had on your club's performances.

You'll always be the best team of 2020 to me.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm gutted - went to Princes Park today to take pressers and the entire box's vibe was really low.

Even asking Harf about playing your side next game, his attempts to show readiness and hunger in the face of inevitability felt quixotic at best.

I've loved every minute of taking in North's season from a privileged position and I hope to get the chance to do the same in 2021.

In a very very small silver lining, my Ash Riddell long form interview is going to be published in the next few days (it was supposed to be this week, but things got kinda hectic...), she deserves every positive line written about her after how big an impact she's had on your club's performances.

You'll always be the best team of 2020 to me.

Love your work mate. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back