AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s apparently a decent tassie girl coming through the nab academy next year who I assume we have exclusive access of ala Mia king who we got with a 3rd round pick

Perri King (no relation to the other kings in the list)
Four Kings

There’s apparently a decent tassie girl coming through the nab academy next year who I assume we have exclusive access of ala Mia king who we got with a 3rd round pick

Perri King (no relation to the other kings in the list)
Further to this we also have a second tassie highly rated player next year in Amy Prokopiec a defender

so we should be able to get her and Perri King with later picks in the draft

E925310E-8B9B-4A57-A369-3AEF6D3E0117.jpeg

So who here was hoping to see both our R1 men's game at Marvel as well as our R8 AFLW game at Arden Street?

The former is likely to finish at around 3.50pm, the latter is fixtured for a 4.10pm start on the same day. Even if you were able to escape Docklands quickly (which you can't), it's an unreasonably long day at the footy, particularly for families. And simply attending one while being home in time to watch the other on TV would be an impossible task for most people.

This will always happen as long as fans, players and (most disturbingly) even club board members constantly push narrow-minded narratives about how the AFLW competition must be structured, resulting in the unfeasible nature of overlapping men's and women's seasons.

Personally I don't particularly care that football was conceived as a winter sport, nor do I really care about how many times teams play each other in a year. I just want to be able to give my full support to North's senior men's and women's teams, and I hate being put in the position where I must prioritise one ahead of the other.

Can't wait. I'll be there at both for sure. Might have to play scissor paper rock with my crew to see who goes early to Arden St to save sitting area.

Giants might apparently be in a hub down in Melbourne potentially as early as Boxing Day for the start of the season due to Sydney COVID outbreak

they have a prac match against the blues in mid jan in vic

That's just so the blues can scout which delisted giants they want in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No confidence in state leaders.

I’d be amazed if the AFLW season has an end result this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's be honest - the only reason last season didn't have a result was Eddie ******* McGuire. They clearly needed to either play round 8 and go straight to a grand final, or cancel round 8 (as they did) and then play a final 4 (semi finals) followed by a grand final. Instead, they somehow conjured up a final 8, which was never on the cards to begin with, just so that Collingwood could participate. They were never going to manage 3 weeks of finals. They could have squeezed 2 weeks of finals with a midweek grand final behind closed doors. Eddie McGuire would clearly prefer to scorch the earth if he can't win.

I have confidence that there will be an end result this year, mainly because Eddie's influence over the AFL is severely diluted as a result of the investigation into the culture of racism at that club.

Let's be honest - the only reason last season didn't have a result was Eddie ******* McGuire. They clearly needed to either play round 8 and go straight to a grand final, or cancel round 8 (as they did) and then play a final 4 (semi finals) followed by a grand final. Instead, they somehow conjured up a final 8, which was never on the cards to begin with, just so that Collingwood could participate. They were never going to manage 3 weeks of finals. They could have squeezed 2 weeks of finals with a midweek grand final behind closed doors. Eddie McGuire would clearly prefer to scorch the earth if he can't win.

I have confidence that there will be an end result this year, mainly because Eddie's influence over the AFL is severely diluted as a result of the investigation into the culture of racism at that club.

100% backed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back