AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine once said "Being a Cleveland sports fan is like waking up every morning and being forced to watch helplessly as Mike Tyson walks into your kitchen and stomps on your children's testicles."

This is the first full season I'll be able to watch North, both men's and women's, after being a very half-assed follower for 20 years.

I feel as though I'm in for more of the same with them.
Get on board comrade, you won’t find a more genuine people’s club anywhere.

hcd199

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Waterford GAA, Glenorchy, Hob (BBL)
Poor, really poor to lose it from that position and in that manner. Dreadful umpiring that favours the opposition is one thing (and the inconsistency with HTB today was astonishingly bad), but how often did we have the outnumber only to all choose to stand around and let the Magpies' player (Alexander, Molloy, Davey, take your pick) do something with it instead? Especially telling was the Molloy goal where she was surrounded by four North players, none of whom stood tight to her to allow one of the other three to take the ball, and then Wright allowed it to bounce through...

Really deflating way to finish the game - we haven't had as good a season as we probably should with this team, but we did well to work our way back into this one and into a winning position that we shouldn't have been able to squander like we did. We remained as good as ever when winning clean clearances and dashing forward from the stoppage, but as poor as we often have been this year when it comes to not doing enough to stop our opponents from doing as they please (Bri Davey could've done with being shut down, for one...). That defensive accountability has to be the standard next year - this season is definitive proof that having a gun midfield and strong players across the park isn't enough on its own, that we need to find more ways to limit the opposition so that our great passages of play with the ball count for more.

Just not having a great long weekend with this footy club, are we...?

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Poor, really poor to lose it from that position and in that manner. Dreadful umpiring that favours the opposition is one thing (and the inconsistency with HTB today was astonishingly bad), but how often did we have the outnumber only to all choose to stand around and let the Magpies' player (Alexander, Molloy, Davey, take your pick) do something with it instead? Especially telling was the Molloy goal where she was surrounded by four North players, none of whom stood tight to her to allow one of the other three to take the ball, and then Wright allowed it to bounce through...

Really deflating way to finish the game - we haven't had as good a season as we probably should with this team, but we did well to work our way back into this one and into a winning position that we shouldn't have been able to squander like we did. We remained as good as ever when winning clean clearances and dashing forward from the stoppage, but as poor as we often have been this year when it comes to not doing enough to stop our opponents from doing as they please (Bri Davey could've done with being shut down, for one...). That defensive accountability has to be the standard next year - this season is definitive proof that having a gun midfield and strong players across the park isn't enough on its own, that we need to find more ways to limit the opposition so that our great passages of play with the ball count for more.

Just not having a great long weekend with this footy club, are we...?
We may not sing the song again in 2021...

Since when did they decide to turn off the countdown clock? The other game which was fairly close counted the time down.

Tin foil hats?

That felt like a very short last quarter if you ask me.

Oh well!, another season with nothing to show for it.

The frees in the fourth quarter were 6-2 to Collingwood. When the game is there to be won, it’s almost certain the umpires will do everything in their powers to ensure North don’t win it.

DFWGrapher

Debutant
Mar 13, 2021
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Cleveland in every sport
Would prefer to not have it confirmed but a narrow finals loss is a thousand times more heartbreaking than a regular season shellacking.

Can confirm. As a Cleveland Browns fan in the NFL, I've seen both repeatedly. At least the regular season shellacking you see coming pretty early on and know it's coming and can prepare for it. The fall is gradual, you just don't know when it's going to end. It's like slipping and rolling backward down a hill.

The late season loss is an absolute suckerpunch that takes months to recover from. It's walking through a dark room, whacking your shin on a coffee table, causing you to go face-first into the ground, and finally shitting yourself upon landing.

Emma King and GJ big problems in that team. If King doesn’t mark she’s out of the contest and KGJ is as slow as treacle and has no awareness.

The really missed Brit Gibson this year. She was the rock of that defence.
Gibson and Elisha King.

King’s speed and defensive pressure in our forward 50 was sorely missed. As for Gibson, she is more mobile than most realise and she is one of the better kicks in the team.

Can confirm. As a Cleveland Browns fan in the NFL, I've seen both repeatedly. At least the regular season shellacking you see coming pretty early on and know it's coming and can prepare for it. The fall is gradual, you just don't know when it's going to end. It's like slipping and rolling backward down a hill.

The late season loss is an absolute suckerpunch that takes months to recover from. It's walking through a dark room, whacking your shin on a coffee table, causing you to go face-first into the ground, and finally shitting yourself upon landing.
Falcons fan here. I also know the feeling of watching your team being overrun in the last. That deflated feeling of excitement turning to despair and disappointment hurts more than anything. And it stays with you a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back