AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so how on God's green Earth can Emma King be described as a downhill skier?
Good question, not sure why you didn't ask it sooner.

Smacked around by every decent ruckman in the last two seasons and had no influence when thrown forward during tight matches. Didn't seem to be the case in early 2019, but unfortunately hasn't turned up since against any quality of note.

Good question, not sure why you didn't ask it sooner.

Smacked around by every decent ruckman in the last two seasons and had no influence when thrown forward during tight matches. Didn't seem to be the case in early 2019, but unfortunately hasn't turned up since against any quality of note.

Aside from being close to our best in the last game we played. FFS.

Aside from being close to our best in the last game we played. FFS.
"FFS" is what I said when she missed a set shot from 20m out directly in front during that close and rather important game, whereas our actual best players were slotting them from the boundary.

I never realised downhill skiers take lots of contested marks. Learn something every day.
Against crap teams and undersized 19-year-old opponents? Sure they do.

This is an odd hill to die on.
That is an odd and melodramatic characterisation of a rather typical football discussion in the perfectly appropriate forum.

Pure hypothetical: If it ends up being revealed that she said to the club last week "give me more money or I'm going to Richmond", you and a few others would change your tune in a heartbeat. Which is fine, but let's not pretend I'm the one being irrational.

Ash Riddell came home with a wet sail to get past Kashy and Jenna Bruton to get third.

The top two stayed there through the whole count, with Jas just staying ahead of Emma Kearney.

Mia King best young player after her breakout season.

Congratulations to everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the pleasure of attending the B&F last night and it was great fun. I think that it’s my favourite of all these types of events. The girls are really friendly and happy to chat. They also seem to be given a bit more leeway to enjoy the night than the dudes.

I had a chat to Sean Smith who was saying he had suffered from repercussions of concussions across his career. He reckons he had about 15 serious concussions. I recall a couple of big falls after he flew for marks.

Elisha King should be back out playing with the VFL girls in a couple of weeks.

I asked Grace Campbell about the Collingwood final and why she pushed her opponent who was trying to help her get to her feet and she reckoned it was because she had been really annoying during the match.

Crocks spoke well and I think there’s really good feeling amongst the group.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of attending the B&F last night and it was great fun. I think that it’s my favourite of all these types of events. The girls are really friendly and happy to chat. They also seem to be give. A bit more leeway to enjoy the night than the dudes.

I had a chat to Sean Smith who was saying he had suffered from repercussions of concussions across his career. He reckons he had about 15 serious concussions. I recall a couple of serious falls after he flew for marks.

Elisha King should be back out playing with the VFL girls in a couple of weeks.

I asked Grace Campbell about the Collingwood final and why she pushed her opponent who was trying to help her get to her feet and she reckoned it was because she had been really annoying during the match.

Crocks spoke well and I think there’s really good feeling amongst the group.

I would say that for those who remember, an AFLW function is a bit like the old players' BBQ from 15 or so years ago.

Is there a minimum number of list changes/delistings that need to be made each year?
Likely need to trim down to 27, as was the case last year, so a minimum of two more. But it all depends on whether new teams are added next year (there won't be, but the AFL commission has to meet on May 12 to confirm that).

Would delist Nestor next
Amy smith/Brooke brown would be in strife also

Gibson I’m still not sold is going to be able to contribute much going forward also

Hopefully just even 1 decent player requests a trade to us - our first round pick should be on the table

What type of player (ie position/ attributes) do you think are the greatest need/s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back