Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Would delist Nestor next
Amy smith/Brooke brown would be in strife also

Gibson I’m still not sold is going to be able to contribute much going forward also

Hopefully just even 1 decent player requests a trade to us - our first round pick should be on the table
I wouldn’t be keen to trade our first round pick after watching Gavalas for us and other high picks around the league the past couple of seasons. The way the pathways are set up now for the girls, a high pick should be as prized as it is in the men’s draft, and only on the table when really top line players are on the move. Even more prized for us because North gets arbitrarily shut out of the top end.

In any case, why would another top player come to North Melbourne. The incentives required to lure somebody like that across would be better off channelled toward retaining the several top players we already have.

In any case, why would another top player come to North Melbourne. The incentives required to lure somebody like that across would be better off channelled toward retaining the several top players we already have.
Success

we are arguably the best vic side (Pies/dees around the mark)

could get interstate vic girls or vic girls who want success in struggling teams like Greiser, Conti, Ellie McKenzie, Patrikios, Marinoff (originally from vic) etc

Success

we are arguably the best vic side (Pies/dees around the mark)

could get interstate vic girls or vic girls who want success in struggling teams like Conti, Ellie McKenzie, Patrikios, Marinoff (originally from vic) etc
Doesn't explain why Tayla Harris, as a meaningless random example, would go to North over the similarly competitive but much wealthier Collingwood. The only thing that would alter such a decision is a personal relationship of some sort, which is out of our control.

Marinoff btw is SA born-and-raised and, like Conti etc, a midfielder. Not an area we need to bolster, so not sure why you're bringing those players up.

datakid

Debutant
Feb 3, 2019
🇵🇸 from the river to the sea 🇵🇸
AFL Club
North Melbourne
could get interstate vic girls or vic girls who want success in struggling teams like Greiser, Conti, Ellie McKenzie, Patrikios, Marinoff (originally from vic) etc

Jeez Patriokios would be a great get. No getting around the fact that - as much as I love her work - Kearney has one year left maybe? Her speed isn't there, her strategic mind and hardness is worth keeping, but not for much longer.

Some more Irish girls please, plenty of talent over there, Aileen knows what is required.

Speaking of Aileen she was overheard telling a punter at the BnF that she’ll be back for sure at the end of the year.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jeez Patriokios would be a great get. No getting around the fact that - as much as I love her work - Kearney has one year left maybe? Her speed isn't there, her strategic mind and hardness is worth keeping, but not for much longer.

Kearns was outstanding this year you nutter

Maybe just play a full 22 game season alongside them mens comp. 🤷‍♂️
Woah woah there, none of that simple obvious logic. Gotta go through 50 itterations of stupid ideas first.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doesn't explain why Tayla Harris, as a meaningless random example, would go to North over the similarly competitive but much wealthier Collingwood. The only thing that would alter such a decision is a personal relationship of some sort, which is out of our control.

Marinoff btw is SA born-and-raised and, like Conti etc, a midfielder. Not an area we need to bolster, so not sure why you're bringing those players up.

Where are you getting the idea that Collingwood AFLW team is much wealthier? They have a salary cap exactly the same as ours and the club's commitment to AFLW is certainly no greater.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"The heightof discrimination" holy fu**...

Yeah I tend to think that George Floyd might consider the discrimination he ran into was just slightly more challenging than a privileged football club seeking admission to a higher league. And as far as gender discrimination goes, Grace Tame and Brittany Higgins possibly have had a tougher time of having their voices heard than the Hawthorn women's football team.

Little bit of perspective from Jeff might be in order.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't argue with this logic from the skipper:

OPINION
Why we need to hold fire on AFLW expansion
By Emma Kearney
April 3, 2021 — 11.43 am

It is my strong personal view that in order to keep the competition strong and constantly improving, we must hold off on any expansion for at least another five years. We are already seeing the impact of COVID-19 at a grassroots level. Across the country there is a large drop in participation numbers. There simply isn’t enough talent to fill another 120 list spots.

Don’t get me wrong – I want to see the competition grow and it will, but we must be patient. Over the next few seasons expansion teams such as Geelong, West Coast and St Kilda should have the chance to build their lists and catch up to the other more established sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back