AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's the tackle i'm thinking of it, wasn't it more of a slam than a spear tackle? I didn't have a benefit of a replay at the ground, but it certainly looked like she was picked up and slammed from my angle.

Shot 1: she gets driven down with her upper back in line to contact the ground

1612757132859.png

Shot 2: her upper back hits first but her head almost immediately strikes after it; a very slight breakfall effect

1612757179350.png

Verdict : If we're technically "protecting the head" it's a bit dodgy even though I'd rather accidental strikes weren't penalised

Had a great time yesterday, was my 3yo daughters first game of footy so fitting it was AFLW at home.

Only complaints were 1. those speakers were way too loud. Looked like they only had four for the entire oval, so it was unbearable to sit around them and 2. the food trucks took an entire quarter to get a feed.

Had a great time yesterday, was my 3yo daughters first game of footy so fitting it was AFLW at home.

Only complaints were 1. those speakers were way too loud. Looked like they only had four for the entire oval, so it was unbearable to sit around them and 2. the food trucks took an entire quarter to get a feed.

And not looking to complain here btw. Yesterday was my first live game of footy for four years after returning from overseas. Bloody stoked to have been there - Jack Ziebell could have walked up to me and punched me in the nose and I still would have had a ripper day.

And not looking to complain here btw. Yesterday was my first live game of footy for four years after returning from overseas. Bloody stoked to have been there - Jack Ziebell could have walked up to me and punched me in the nose and I still would have had a ripper day.
What if Stringer punched you in the nose? I read once that he is a North supporter, he could show up at one of those...

Shot 1: she gets driven down with her upper back in line to contact the ground

View attachment 1053641

Shot 2: her upper back hits first but her head almost immediately strikes after it; a very slight breakfall effect

View attachment 1053642

Verdict : If we're technically "protecting the head" it's a bit dodgy even though I'd rather accidental strikes weren't penalised
Rabbits Warren and Phil Gould would have loved the back slam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I've been saying Melbourne should get to play some games at their spiritual home, just like everybody else. The MCG is the perfect AFLW venue for two top teams in these social distancing times.

Can't do it because it's booked with blockbuster Sheffield Shield matches, even though the AFL/MCC paid cricket to move such low-drawing fixtures to the Junction Oval!

Very nice 40m+ goal from Tahlia Randall after a good grab :thumbsu:
It would be a risk to take her from defence but l would place Randall at CHF & swap her with KGJ even though l think she would not suit defence.
Its what you get with Randall more than what you lose, she knows whats going on around her & she is to good too not see the ball for such a long period.

KGJ for mine plays like Stephen McCann looks good but doesn't really offer a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back