Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Happy to get the win.
Seems like we have a lot of work to do. Hopefully crocks the man to get the job done.

The top end draft talent is so obvious.

We're going to need to win a flag while some of the older stars like Kearney are at their peak.
Yeah I agree, Georgie Prespakis looked like a star. Patrikios last year was the same, and the girl from Richmond. We need to hopefully snag a flag and then look at ways to get into the top few picks. It will be hard as the next few drafts will be heavily compromised with teams entering the comp.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The top end draft talent is so obvious.

We're going to need to win a flag while some of the older stars like Kearney are at their peak.
The difference between the #3 pick's debut and the #13 pick's debut was pretty stark. I'm encouraged by our ability to develop midfielders though; Riddell, Gavalas, M. King etc. When the old girls go we won't fade into obscurity but I agree we're either winning a flag nowish or in 5+ years post-rebuild.

That's why you're a BF menace and not a flag winning women's footballer.
Bank wins get a home final and build form over potentially Not even making finals or just scraping in.

now obviously the ideal situation is you win all games but let’s be realistic we haven’t done that prior so I take option A. Especially based on last nights evidence

As an aside the 2 food vans were an interesting choice. The fish and chips were a winner. The Vietnamese food not so. Is that a good van sit at the footy and eat type of food? Rice etc? Needs a table imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No chicken nuggets?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had a similar experience watching North’s first ever AFLW match at North Hobart Oval, the Maddie Prespakis fan club had all travelled for that match.

They have nothing on the Ellie Gavalas fan club though !!

It appears that same fan club (including Maddie herself) was as the game on the Macaulay Rd wing yesterday.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Home from the Pies Blues game - sat with Al Downie’s partner and friends (not like yesterday, we know them) so that was pretty special.

Couple of other observations without seeing the replay - Pies were well on top, should have won by more, but will sorely miss Davey for however long she is injured, that’s a damn shame. Molloy seemed down, forward line needs more but I doubt Fredericks is it. Umpire should have paid that fierce Carlton non-mark (right in front of me!), otherwise notable that the dedication to paying borderline HTB frees continued from yesterday.

Also putting yesterday and today together, I don’t like cheer squads or the vibe of them at the AFLW. Support for teams is great but I really don’t want that toxic, fanatic crowd noise aimed at opponents. It’s been delightful to experience the different atmosphere and I hope it can continue.

The difference between the #3 pick's debut and the #13 pick's debut was pretty stark. I'm encouraged by our ability to develop midfielders though; Riddell, Gavalas, M. King etc. When the old girls go we won't fade into obscurity but I agree we're either winning a flag nowish or in 5+ years post-rebuild.

Saving grace is we tend to think of Jassy Garner as one of the older players and she's what, 25?

It appears that same fan club (including Maddie herself) was as the game on the Macaulay Rd wing yesterday.

Trading Viv Saad must have cut our attendance by 150 odd.

Coach votes...
10 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
6 Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
6 Amy McDonald (GEEL)
4 Georgie Prespakis (GEEL)
3 Madeline Keryk (GEEL)
1 Emma King (NMFC)
0 Kaitlyn Ashmore and Jess Duffin (NMFC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back