Not open for further replies.
Coach votes...
10 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
6 Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
6 Amy McDonald (GEEL)
4 Georgie Prespakis (GEEL)
3 Madeline Keryk (GEEL)
1 Emma King (NMFC)
0 Kaitlyn Ashmore and Jess Duffin (NMFC)
Kashy robbed
Was better than keryk and king

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coach votes...
6 Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
6 Amy McDonald (GEEL)
3 Madeline Keryk (GEEL)
1 Emma King (NMFC)

Weird that Emma king got a vote, she was pretty quiet for most of the game. Kash definitely deserved it more

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One thing I noticed that I hope is not a sign of things to come for the rest of the season and into the men's season is the white ******* shorts for a home game. Hopefully it's just a clash situation because Geelong's away jumper was mostly blue.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One thing I noticed that I hope is not a sign of things to come for the rest of the season and into the men's season is the white ******* shorts for a home game. Hopefully it's just a clash situation because Geelong's away jumper was mostly blue.

I don't think we have a blue clash strip in either AFLW or AFLM this season. Neither does Geelong. This means that when we play them, the home team wears their traditional jumper and white shorts and the away team wears their indigenous jumper and blue shorts. It's the necessary compromise if we want our traditional blue stripes on white jumper to be our home jumper.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coach votes...
6 Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
6 Amy McDonald (GEEL)
3 Madeline Keryk (GEEL)
1 Emma King (NMFC)

Why are Kashy and Jess listed here with 0 votes? Is this just you making a point that they were overlooked?

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should have kept the mainly blue jumper. :(

It doesn't bother me too much if it's just Geelong and Collingwood. But if we wear white shorts on Good Friday and the mutts wear all blue, that's all kinds of ****ed up and everyone who demanded the abolition of the blue jumper can get ****ed.

Only R2 but it’s a really important game for us. It’s vital that we either win or are really competitive over in Adelaide. It’s one of those “yardstick” games. If we get well beaten, it doesn’t auger well. However, if we manage to roll them, I’ll back the team to go all the way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Little concerned, now missing Hardiman and Wright, our defense looks a little thin.
I don’t trust brown in defence but other than that I rate our defence named

I’d be moving Randall back for this game

Her, Ferguson, duffin, gilroy and Bresnehan would be my preferred structure

Kearney might play a bit hbf also like she did in the prac match against dogs

I’m generally a pragmatic optimist, or an optimistic pragmatist, but yeah, I do think we could struggle for the win today. Our record against the better teams isn’t great and we are playing away as well.
Points of interest:
How will the players returning from Covid run out the game?
Will be interesting to see Lexi Hamilton make her North debut and to see how Brooke Brown does as a defender.
Amy Smith could help provide the extra run that I think the team really needs. Her debut game was a bit of a mixed bag but there’s something to work with. Hopefully she gets a run of games to give her the chance to build her confidence.
Most of the forwards were pretty quiet last week so it would be good to see a couple of them step up and make an impact this week. The delivery into the forward line was pretty poor last week so hopefully this can be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back