NMFC AGM February 26, 2020

Nope.

CBF'ed playing to your ever predictable bullshit, and very obvious obsession with me personally.

Award yourself intellectual superiority, and then go about your business with the satisfaction of a job well done.
What?

You start a thread about the AGM and then post a comment about “significant changes”. I simply ask what changes you are expecting and you turn it into personal abuse.

And you accuse me of having insecurities?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm interested in the matters surrounding the AGM, and I am not the only person with an opinion on the matter.

I have no interest in the resident knobs that are obsessed with me and their pathetic need for point scoring.

If you have an opinion about the AGM, then table it, if not then piss off and cease clogging up the topic with irrelevant drivel.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I'm interested in the matters surrounding the AGM, and I am not the only person with an opinion on the matter.

I have no interest in the resident knobs that are obsessed with me and their pathetic need for point scoring.

If you have an opinion about the AGM, then table it, if not then piss off and cease clogging up the topic with irrelevant drivel.
Conversation involves questions and listening too.

As for me, I basically agree with your earlier statements about ‘ownership’ and (lack of member) power and think the governance arrangements are what I would focus on. Limerick’s proposal needs another go with a more effective engagement approach beforehand to gather more signatures.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Your comment about significant change, however, is simply too generic to be useful.

I suspect what you want is on-field results that can’t be meaningfully linked to (governance) structures, versus managerial effectiveness - how well things are executed - , including in the football department, and perhaps to real, but intangible leadership and culture factors.

In other words, not AGM-worthy, except perhaps by seeking to run non-junta candidates.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
It's the way you went about it. I'm not interested in playing along with anyone that feels the need to run wing man for an obsessed dickhead.

I may define my position later on, or I may not.
By suggesting you simply answer a simple question? Pfft.

Until you reflect on how the role you play contributes to these outcomes, you will keep getting them. That’s your call.

As for your position, I doubt it’s worth the wait. I don’t see this as one of your areas of strength.

I’m a dickhead because I asked you to add some context to a drastic statement?

You really are a pathetic individual.

I'm also concerned about the "closed shop" approach to board member selections however, this is probably true for most/all AFL Clubs.
But most AFL Clubs don't have the Tasmania relocation hanging over their heads.

The original proposal to change the Constitution was to require a member vote of approval to play more than 4 home games outside of Victoria.
This was defeated. I can't find the exact result but from memory, we got a 58% positive on a small turnout. Required 75%+.

The AGM notice went out without any statement from us despite us asking what were the requirements for such a statement i.e. the number of words, supplied electronically, time frame, etc.

The feedback was that the AFL instructed the club to fight the motion i.e. they didn't want member involvement. We couldn't get traction in the media
where it appeared to be pro-relocation. JB was against the change as it would "tie the board's hands if they got an urgent proposal".

If this approach was to undertaken again, we would require some heavy hitter media people in support of us, plus an agreement that we could talk to the members.

- cap the interstate games at 4
- remove the nominations board from the charter

I love how these meetings are set in ******* February

Hold it in April then it would be easier to get members to vote rather than lost in the shadows of the preseason

Gutless timing and it’s done to ensure smooth sailing

Limerick you thinking of mobilizing at all?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Hold it in April then it would be easier to get members to vote rather than lost in the shadows of the preseason

The question is why?

If the motivation isn't sinister, then why hide it away rather than maximise attendance and spruik about the great job you're doing?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The question is why?

If the motivation isn't sinister, then why hide it away rather than maximise attendance and spruik about the great job you're doing?

It's just a procedural inconvenience for them.

Our "superiors" don't want any input from the rank & file other than our dollars.

- cap the interstate games at 4
- remove the nominations board from the charter

I love how these meetings are set in ******* February

Limerick you thinking of mobilizing at all?
Personally, in April, I would prefer people at the club are concentrating on the season at hand.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Personally, in April, I would prefer people at the club are concentrating on the season at hand.

I'd hope the non-football staff can assemble an AGM independently of a football season and the football staff can prepare for a season independently of an AGM.

I'd hope the non-football staff can assemble an AGM independently of a football season and the football staff can prepare for a season independently of an AGM.
you do realise the non-football staff have plenty to do during the season? The club is not just the players on the field.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
you do realise the non-football staff have plenty to do during the season? The club is not just the players on the field.

??

I don't imagine they operate in a vacuum but surely the main people involved with running an AGM aren't having a direct effect on our preparation for St Kilda and vice versa?

??

I don't imagine they operate in a vacuum but surely the main people involved with running an AGM aren't having a direct effect on our preparation for St Kilda and vice versa?
are you talking off field prep or on field prep?

What goes on during each home game? Who organises all that? Dont you think it will be the same people organsing the AGM?

Back