NMFC AGM February 26, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems to me on his own advice we should be looking for a footy person rather than him.

How would you change the industry?
Greater focus on recruitment of industry specific skills, expertise and industry alignment to inform the insurance industry from a client perspective to strategically progress the industry, deliver tailored client services and add client value.
That, kids, is how you play the buzzword drinking game.

Candidate Statement – Glenn Archer
Football Background I was fortunate enough to play for North Melbourne FC for 17 years. Winning an Under 19s Premiership in 1991 and senior premierships in 1996 and 1999. Business Background Founded Stride Sports Management in 2005 and worked as an Executive and non-Executive Director over a 14 year period until its sale in 2019. Founded Kode Entertainment Group in 2010 and play an active role in business development and account management. Owner of Crocs Playcentre in Keilor Park. Since retiring from playing in 2007 I have done my very best to give back to the club that gave me so much. I sat on the board previously from 2016-2019 and during 2019 sat on panels to find our senior coach and football manager as well helping with a review of our club and football department. With strong relationships with both our senior coach and football operations manager we felt that I would be the right candidate to come back onto the board as our Football Director and help support our Football Department. I feel I have a strong connection to our members and supporters and they can be assured that in my role as a board member that I always have the club at heart and understand that our club is owned by its members and as a board we need to respect what our members want.

Candidate Statement – Ben Buckley
As the proud chairman of our great club, I welcome the opportunity to continue to serve our members and continue to lead. After significant change in 2019, I truly believe we are poised to succeed. The decisions that were made were incredibly tough but, in my view, necessary. I hope these moves show I will continue to do whatever is necessary to return to the top of the ladder and put us in a position to win a fifth flag in the AFL, and first in the AFLW. I won't accept mediocrity and want the players across all teams to succeed and be able to perform at their best. There is a new perspective regarding the way we operate, and new standards and expectations have been set. My commitment to you is that I will continue to drive excellence on and off the field. Our club turned 150 last year and we remain committed to creating another chapter of success. We will pursue that with urgency and impatience. As I've said on many occasions, I love this footy club and it’s be been a big part of my life for a long period of time as a player, fan and an administrator. I’m incredibly excited for what's to come and hope to finish what we have begun. I hope you support my re-election along with Glenn Archer and Sonja Hood who will both make outstanding contributions. Thank you for your consideration.

Candidate Statement – Paul Crapper
As a continuous member for 37 years of the North Melbourne Football Club (since 1983), inaugural North Melbourne AFLW member and a highly qualified and experienced Director and Corporate Services Executive, I wish to nominate to become a Director of the North Melbourne Football Club. My strategic and operational skills and experience developed over 30years, that I would bring to the Board include: financial management, marketing & communications, people & culture, risk management, technology, Board governance, business development & sales, planning & building control and leadership of diversity and inclusion committees across the private and public sectors. In addition, over 30years in business and government has seen me develop strong relationships across Federal, State and Local Government, the private sector and the Victorian community. As an experienced Board member and Chair of Finance Audit and Risk Committees, I have previously served on numerous Boards over the last 20 years including Common Fate Ltd (Indigenous reconciliation), SCOPE Business Enterprises (health & disability sector), Unison Housing Ltd (homelessness), Arthritis Victoria (health) and the Dame Nellie Melba Opera Trust (the arts). I am also a White Ribbon Ambassador in Australia. My interest to join the Board is to be representative of the "rank and file" North Melbourne Football Club member, whilst bringing additional skills, experience and relationships to our club.

Candidate Statement – Sonja Hood
I am the CEO of Community Hubs Australia, a board member of the Scanlon Foundation, and board chair of McAuley Community Services for Women. I have a strong track record in government relations, strategy, fundraising and organisational development. I’ve been a North supporter all my life, and a member for most of it. In 2007 I worked with other North people to keep the club based at Arden St. From 2011-2015 I was NMFC’s General Manager of Community Engagement, helping to establish The Huddle as one of the best community programs in the country, and ensuring that the club’s community and fan development programs were based where they should be – at Arden St. I also developed expansion strategies for those programs throughout Melbourne’s growth corridors and into Tasmania. I’m honoured to have been approached by Ben Buckley to join his board, and even more honoured to be able to put myself up to the members for election – members are, and always will be, the lifeblood of this organisation. If elected, I will work with Ben, the Board, and the executive team to ensure we have a club that is uncompromising on and off the field – a club that can steer its own course, not beholden to the decisions of others.

BB is a monty, and I would have Archer, because the lack of actual football nous on the board was non existent last year, but I see little value for the club from the other two. They strike me as CV padders. In it for themselves & their political connections.

BB is a monty, and I would have Archer, because the lack of actual football nous on the board was non existent last year, but I see little value for the club from the other two. They strike me as CV padders. In it for themselves & their political connections.
Archer was on the board when Scott got his premature contract extension - and when we went down the big fish/war chest route - and off the board when we sacked the coach and stopped fishing. Great Shinboner on field but off field, I'm not sold.

Archer was on the board when Scott got his premature contract extension - and when we went down the big fish/war chest route - and off the board when we sacked the coach and stopped fishing. Great Shinboner on field but off field, I'm not sold.
Agreed

But Brads gone and the board has to get it right this time round

Question: Do members HAVE to vote for 3 nominations? Can they only vote for 1 or 2 if they think that only 1 or 2 candidates are worthy of their vote?

In accordance with Rule 10.1(e) of the Club Constitution, the election of Directors will proceed as follows:
(a) Voting on the election of Directors shall be by secret ballot and on a “first-past-the-post” basis.
(b) Voting Members shall each have 1 vote (notwithstanding that a Voting Member may hold more than one membership of the Club) which they may use to vote for up to three (3) of the nominees. Votes which are cast in favour of more than three (3) nominees shall be deemed invalid and will not be counted.
(c) Voting Members may only vote for nominees by either:
(i) using the electronic voting system which has been established by the Club and is available at www.nmfc.com.au. Voting via the online system will be available between 9:00am on 31 January 2020 and 6:00pm on Monday, 24 February 2020; or
(ii) by requesting and validly completing a prescribed postal ballot form from Computershare as agents for the Returning Officer, and returning a duly completed postal ballot form, in the envelope that will be provided, not later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled commencement of the Annual General Meeting. Postal ballot forms may be requested by calling 1300 526 427.

I fully expect to hear that there was blood on the floor over the AFLW. And how a group, headed by Snake, tried to have the meeting vote the idea of the team down.

Looking forward to the match report.

Hey listen mate, they know who I am already, and can contact me whenever they like.

What do you think would happen at such an event? It will be stage managed bullshit, and dissenters will be waved away as backward troglodytes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back