Opinion NMFC Board Cricket ThreadII - Windies, Big Bash, Pakistan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post in the new thread. May as well make a prediction so I reckon England will probably get somewhere up around the 300 for their second innings total -maybe just a fraction under or over. That makes it around 20 runs that Australia will need to win. I can't see Warner being risked in any way so maybe they'll throw Carey in as an opener for a bit of experience. Hopefully he gets there with red ink - but I have this gut feeling we might lose one before making the winning score. Anyway, no matter what - it will be Head for player of the match unless Flemming is on the voting panel. If he is then Green is a big chance ;)

Last edited:

The NMFC pessimist in me was ready for a loooooooong day;
. Root 172
. Malan 139
. Stokes 76 off 46
. Buttler quick fire 60
. Woakes an arsey 37
Yeah I was thinking of the 10/11 Siddle hat trick test when England declared at 1-517 in the second after being about 220 behind on the first.

Flawed Genius why is this thread in Lidge's Lounge when other non football threads remain in the main area?

The cricket thread has proved to be the 2nd most popular sporting thread after everything NMFC.

Must've gotten caught up in an accidental move. Two seconds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a proud gades man but geez our list is sh*t
Ian Harvey’s nephew I though goes ok
Same with Richardson, Maddison (in this format) & Kahn?
Marsh would be ok if he wasn’t injured

Ian Harvey’s nephew I though goes ok
Same with Richardson, Maddison (in this format) & Kahn?
Marsh would be ok if he wasn’t injured

I think they blew a lot of money on guys who don't play much.

Maddinson isn't good in this format. Marsh is injured all the time.

Mac Harvey and Sam Harper are good youngsters but very inconsistent. They also don't tend to score big which isn't great for this format. Sutherland much the same but with the ball instead.

Nabi is a good journeyman, but again extremely inconsistent.

Compare that to say the Hurricanes who have 4 blokes who regularly score a really damaging 50+.

Mac Harvey and Sam Harper are good youngsters but very inconsistent. They also don't tend to score big which isn't great for this format. Sutherland much the same but with the ball instead.

Compare that to say the Hurricanes who have 4 blokes who regularly score a really damaging 50+.

It's the same old s**t every year with the bat.

We either get away to a flyer and then fall apart in the back end or straight up collapse up front.

Having said that Marsh and Finch back in the team would make a massive difference.

Bit harsh on Marsh, he has been good in it
Finch and Harris were always going to get called up

Bit harsh on Marsh, he has been good in it
Finch and Harris were always going to get called up

Which is why they shouldn't be basing having Finch and Harris in the side to be competitive.

Compare the best 5 bats in each team:

Hobart: Wade, Short, McDermott, Jewell, Handscomb,

Stars: Stoinis, Maxwell, Dre Russ, Larkin, Cartwright

Thunder: Hales, Khawaja, Billings, Ross, Gilkes (HM Cutting)

Scorchers: Munro, Marsh, Turner, Inglis, Bancroft/Patterson

Etc etc.

Compare to Finch, Marsh, Maddinson, Harvey, Harper which on paper looks good, but when the best two of that bunch hardly play it's just poor list management.

It more often than not looks like Maddinson, Harvey, Harper are the three who carry the batting. All three of whom would barely make the above best five list for other sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back