Opinion NMFC Board Cricket ThreadII - Windies, Big Bash, Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Carey,

Please support Mr. Green to get his ton, just like the aforementioned Mr. Green assisted Mr. Head to get his ton.

In other words, don't play some stupid shot that has got you out for seemingly the entire series.

Thanks,
Mr... ummm... Blue.

PS: Dear Saffers... Please don't fall into a hole.

Dear Mr. Carey,

Please support Mr. Green to get his ton, just like the aforementioned Mr. Green assisted Mr. Head to get his ton.

In other words, don't play some stupid shot that has got you out for seemingly the entire series.

Thanks,
Mr... ummm... Blue.

PS: Dear Saffers... Please don't fall into a hole.
Hate to be that guy but I can see Green throwing his wicket away
But I very much want to be wrong

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Could be a very good day for Australian cricket. The three most experienced players are dismissed in the first hour for a combined total of 6 on a green top. Then everyone else rattles along at 5 an over to bat the team into a dominant position.

England are down Robinson, Stokes and Anderson without a decent spinner. It's not a great attack. It seems that he won't get the chance now Green is out, but some runs from Carey would be nice.

A45308DC-9203-4A87-87DC-A19D74D952E9.jpeg

I 'm not sure why you don't agree.. That's not a test wicket. Anyway, let's see after both teams bat who copes best.
I don't agree because it's a Rye grass wicket, as are nearly all our wickets down here. While the rest of the country prefers the more traditional couch grass, Marcus goes for Rye. In the colder temperatures, the sturdier and quicker growing Rye is the preferred option, at least 70% of English wickets (while I was playing and curating over there at least anyway) were Rye also. Rye grass also keeps its colour for longer, which gives the Hobart pitch the green colour we are so familiar with during Shield matches :thumbsu:

The really telling thing with the first session for me, were the conditions, it was very humid, not long finished raining and the "Pink Ball", all elements that were going to be conducive to a seaming deck.... winning the toss was always going to be a "We'll have a bowl thanks". Warner never looked like scoring a run, Head and Green were terrific to watch and I've still know idea wtf Marnus was doing!

For people to be calling it a "green monster" (media mostly) after 1 session, is and was, a little premature. Lets not forget that only 7 days ago, the whole ground was under 2 inches of water, the curating staff have worked their arses off to get it ready.

PS: Being on the "grounds committee" for the board down here, I probably get a little protective :laughing:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't agree because it's a Rye grass wicket,

Lets not forget that only 7 days ago, the whole ground was under 2 inches of water, the curating staff have worked their arses off to get it ready.

PS: Being on the "grounds committee" for the board down here, I probably get a little protective :laughing:
I heard the discussion today that it was ry grass, but to 8mm.

The ground under water was shown on the news recently as well - darn lucky to be playing on it at all. Well done by the curators for getting it ready, and it turned out to be nowhere near as dangerous as it looked.

I still can't believe the english bowlers weren't putting at least one per over in at head height (Root included). They had the aussies on the ropes and then let the pressure off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back