Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
As a member advocate to listen to, engage with and discuss member issues and concerns at the Board.
Sonja won't provide this? I happen to agree.

I gotta let you know that there's isn't across the board support for the AFLW amongst the membership, or the AFL department, but you might already know that.

Paul Crapper

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sonja won't provide this? I happen to agree.

I gotta let you know that there's isn't across the board support for the AFLW amongst the membership, or the AFL department, but you might already know that.
Totally understand. As a member based organisation, there will always be a diversity of member opinions. The question is: do you think that diversity of opinion is listened to or responded to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JeanLucGoddard

Premium Platinum
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am a strong supporter of AFLW and I am a foundation member of the NMFC AFLW team.
One of the key reasons I'd have voted for you this time if you'd been a bit more forthcoming initially.

As I say, with a decent engagement strategy you should easily get elected to the board. Try again next year imo.

Sillygit

All Australian
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's clearly an opening for an anti-AFLW board member given the massive feeling against it within the membership base and club I keep hearing about.

One of you blokes should stand next year.

I look forward to the campaign.
No no, you see they are all silent. They're actually dedicated monks, fuelled by their "disinterest" in AFLW. Wouldn't work.

big_e

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
Your Wi-Fi
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
There's clearly an opening for an anti-AFLW board member given the massive feeling against it within the membership base and club I keep hearing about.

One of you blokes should stand next year.

I look forward to the campaign.
Spell check took the "er" off that last word.

big_e

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
Your Wi-Fi
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
Totally understand. As a member based organisation, there will always be a diversity of member opinions. The question is: do you think that diversity of opinion is listened to or responded to?
Taking into account this "diversity of member opinions", and as a "members' advocate", how do you decide which group of diverse opinions you listen to? For instance, as a supporter of the AFLW side, how would you respond if there was a groundswell of opposition to its existence?

And does your positioning as a members' advocate imply that other board members are not advocating for members? If not, who are they advocating for? Are they in it for themselves? Or if they are advocating for members, how will you be any different to them?

Top Bottom