NMFC Board Elections

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Crapper can you name the members of your family that served in WW2, Korea & Vietnam?

After my father died 30 years ago, I have lost contact with Bendigo and Fairfield members of the family. So I can’t answer your question, but I can say Dad was born in Raywood where you will still fine the Crapper memorial pool today.

Check with GoKangas as to whether I am who I say I am. We engaged through LinkedIn. He and I catching up for coffee in the next week.

I am no troll. I respect others.

Paul, we're going to need to see your birth certificate, drivers licence and medicare card please.

We'll also need a time stamped photo with you holding a sign that reads "I love Bigfooty and I'm so glad I came".

Thank you and good luck.

Paul, we're going to need to see your birth certificate, drivers licence and medicare card please.

We'll also need a time stamped photo with you holding a sign that reads "I love Bigfooty and I'm so glad I came".

Thank you and good luck.

I love your sarcasm.

After my father died 30 years ago, I have lost contact with Bendigo and Fairfield members of the family. So I can’t answer your question, but I can say Dad was born in Raywood where you will still fine the Crapper memorial pool today.

Check with GoKangas as to whether I am who I say I am. We engaged through LinkedIn. He and I catching up for coffee in the next week.

Fair enough. Frank Crapper who played for North also served in WW2

Thank you and good luck.

Usually on AMA people post a photo of themselves in front of a computer with the site open. Have you ever seen them done on reddit?

My reading of this is that Archer and Buckley will get elected. Sonja Hood is the candidate that Paul could defeat.
Sonya is a strong North person BUT " I’m honoured to have been approached by Ben Buckley to join his board"
is a real concern.

Based on past elections (2011) around 9% of adult members actually vote at Board elections. I estimate that Paul will need
around 2,000 votes to defeat Sonya. He needs to get well beyond rusted on NMFC people to achieve success. If you support
his candidacy then I suggest you spread the word far and wide.

If this really is you, then you will need to know that there's an inordinate amount of dickheads around here who think it is clever to take on people's personas and fool folks, as some means to validate their obviously empty lives.

Last edited:
Usually on AMA people post a photo of themselves in front of a computer with the site open. Have you ever seen them done on reddit?
Nah, I only really do Bigfooty and the occasional Twitter.

My reading of this is that Archer and Buckley will get elected. Sonja Hood is the candidate that Paul could defeat.
Sonya is a strong North person BUT " I’m honoured to have been approached by Ben Buckley to join his board"
is a real concern.

Based on past elections (2011) around 9% of adult members actually vote at Board elections. I estimate that Paul will need
around 2,000 votes to defeat Sonya. He needs to get well beyond rusted on NMFC people to achieve success. If you support

Thanks Limerick

The key here that several influential NM members have said to me is that finally rank and file members will get to have a vote. And not be treated like mushrooms as was mentioned earlier.

If this really is you, then you will need to know that there's an inordinate amount of dickheads around here who think it is clever to take on people's peronas and fool folks, as some means to validate their obviously empty lives.

Yes GoKangas warned me of the dickheads or “knuckle draggers” as he called them. Other than LinkedIn, this is the first time I have used social media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is a real concern.

Taking this seriously for one moment, Buckley should be retained and you would assume that Arch will get up on popularity alone, so I agree with your opinion.

I can't see what point of difference the other two candidates bring to the table. As I have stated, I suspect Sonia is only there to facilitate her feminist & social agendas, as well as padding out her CV, and If Paul's account here is to be believed, then he claims to want to seek a position to find out what is going on in the first place in order to formulate his position. But where do we go from there? Will Paul just be another "yes" man? Is this just a CV padding exercise? No one appears to have any stated agendas.

Last edited:
The question for me is, do the club actually engage with those members to find out why they haven't renewed? By "engagement" I'm meaning more than just a generic template email too, I'm referring genuine personal conversation. Address that and I think you will find significantly less churn, more home town stability and a strong platform for genuine growth.
I get the feel that most of these conversations are farmed out to telemarketing companies where you get asked formulaic questions by some dildo posing as a NMFC fan.

All good mate and good on you for chatting to us on here as well.

You've already done more than most :thumbsu:

Probably because at the footy I’m the same as you guys. I don’t sit in air conditioned boxes, I’m a Schimma Platinum member who sits out with the members. My wife and I have reserved seats and nothing pisses me off more than having opposition supporters sitting in NM reserved seats near me. Last time I reported it to the club....we’ll get back to you....heard nothing....surprised...no.

The question for me is, do the club actually engage with those members to find out why they haven't renewed? By "engagement" I'm meaning more than just a generic template email too, I'm referring genuine personal conversation. Address that and I think you will find significantly less churn, more home town stability and a strong platform for genuine growth.

If they do then you can be certain that we will never see them, as I strongly assume it would be critical of the club (board).

The members are ultimately to blame for allowing this secretive and self serving scenario to arise.

Taking this seriously for one moment, Buckley should be retained and you would assume that Arch will get up on popularity alone, so I agree with your opinion.

I can't see what point of difference the other two candidates bring to the table. As I have stated, I suspect Sonia is only there to facilitate her feminist & social agendas, as well as padding out her CV, and If Frank's account here is to be believed, then he claims to want to seek a position to find out what is going on in the first place in order to formulate his position. But where do we go from there? Will Frank just be another "yes" man? Is this just a CV padding exercise? No one appears to have any stated agendas.

The candidate statements are restricted to 250 words.

I’m no yes man and I’m 57yo....a bit old for padding CVs 🙂

I’m no yes man and I’m 57yo....a bit old for padding CVs 🙂

I only raise the question.

If there's little in the way of stated goals, then it's reasonable to investigate possible agendas.

Who's idea was the 250 word limit anyway?! Is that all they think the members can digest?

I get the feel that most of these conversations are farmed out to telemarketing companies where you get asked formulaic questions by some dildo posing as a NMFC fan.
Ken oath.

Lip service won't get you very far and is a total waste of time and resources anyway.

I am pretty ignorant about this kind of stuff but is it necessary to have Buckley on the board of directors when he is already entrenched as the CEO (or whatever his title is)?

As Paul mentioned if the constitution allows up to 12 directors why stick with only 3 if all 4 have something to offer? I assume it’s not a paid position, or is it?

Well if Paul is genuine let’s not burn our bridges and lose another door into the Club.

Respect until proven otherwise

LOL, you're assuming we had representation in the first place.

We are the "great unwashed" who exist to hand over money, show up and barrack, and then shut up beyond that point.

Yep. Could be a great candidate or another yes man. At this point, who knows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back