NMFC Board Elections

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the challenges we've had is even when our membership numbers have been healthy our supporters haven't turned out in healthy numbers... part of that is lousy fixturing but part of that has to do with attendance numbers... It's a vicious circle.
True.

One of the challenges we've had is even when our membership numbers have been healthy our supporters haven't turned out in healthy numbers... part of that is lousy fixturing but part of that has to do with attendance numbers... It's a vicious circle.

Our supporters have been trained to watch the footy on telle

In 20 years there’s only been been 3 or 4 finals series where we’ve actually progressed past the first stage.

Along with Carlton, we are the last two AFL clubs to have played in a grand final.

Supporters want to watch winning teams, when we can’t sustain success people will find other things to do with their time.

In 20 years there’s only been been 3 or 4 finals series where we’ve actually progressed past the first stage.

Along with Carlton, we are the last two AFL clubs to have played in a grand final.

Supporters want to watch winning teams, when we can’t sustain success people will find other things to do with their time.

Are you deliberately leaving Gold Coast out of this because they are not a real club?

St Kilda's on-field performance over those three years was below ours yet they increased their membership by 5k. We went back 2.5k.
I agree that on-field performance is important BUT believe that our Achilles Heel is our image. We need new members i.e. those never aligned
with an AFL Club to join us and stay. The constant "North Melb will be shipped off to Tassie OR die" isn't a positive image to attract new blood.

I don’t think the Saints were pointing towards Finals as we were in that period (but not in hindsight weren’t) and sold their Membership on Youth and a rebuild (I heard this from Saints fan every week 2017/18)

What was our message?

“Easy fix”?

I don’t think the Saints were pointing towards Finals as we were in that period (but not in hindsight weren’t) and sold their Membership on Youth and a rebuild (I heard this from Saints fan every week 2017/18)

What was our message?

“Easy fix”?
Well Scotts did say he would leave an Overarching Legacy and it was a s**t Sandwich of Mediocrity. :stern look

Don’t think Good Coast existed in 1999 mate, so us and Carlton still hold the unenvious title.

Ok ok, longest time without a grand final appearance, fair enough. Either way, it doesn't serve us terribly well to say we're not the worst because Gold Coast.

But on the flip side, equalisation is working if 17 clubs out of 18 have reached a grand final within the last 21 seasons. That means there are NO EXCUSES.

Ok ok, longest time without a grand final appearance, fair enough. Either way, it doesn't serve us terribly well to say we're not the worst because Gold Coast.

But on the flip side, equalisation is working if 17 clubs out of 18 have reached a grand final within the last 21 seasons. That means there are NO EXCUSES.
Looking forward to Rhyce Shaw telling us a Story about how we won the 2020 Premiership. :stern look

Our supporters have been trained to watch the footy on telle

Surely anyone who lives within a 50km radius of Docklands Stadium who chooses to watch all of our games on TV rather than attend (assuming they are healthy enough to do so) has effectively given up the right to comment on how many games we play in Tasmania or whether we relocate, co-locate or play all games behind closed doors.

Surely anyone who lives within a 50km radius of Docklands Stadium who chooses to watch all of our games on TV rather than attend (assuming they are healthy enough to do so) has effectively given up the right to comment on how many games we play in Tasmania or whether we relocate, co-locate or play all games behind closed doors.

Wat about between 160.5km and 163.4km?

Well Scotts did say he would leave an Overarching Legacy and it was a s**t Sandwich of Mediocrity. :stern look
Mr Scott was a good coach. When you know football like I know football, it was blatantly obvious to the naked eye that Mr Scott did an "exceptional job" considering the list he had. He got us to 2 prelims, both of which we should've won but were robbed by the umpiring maternity, so imagine we made two GF's under Mr Scott...….suddenly we'd all be singing his phrases.

I'm not convinced with Rhys. Sure, he loves a chat, but so does John Law, and we all know how that ended!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr. Crapper.

Make a concerted push to play 2 home and away games per year at Arden Street (Gold Coast and Freo) within the next 3-5 years, ie. to coincide with the touted inclusion of a stand-alone Tasmanian team into the competition.

I will vote for you forever.

Mr. Crapper.

Make a concerted push to play 2 home and away games per year at Arden Street (Gold Coast and Freo) within the next 3-5 years, ie. to coincide with the touted inclusion of a stand-alone Tasmanian team into the competition.

I will vote for you forever.
Doubt that's going to happen inferior David Brent.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

like most people who post on here I’m rusted on. I go to every game I can.

I come from a North Melbourne family. It is hard for me to get the people I grew up with going North games to go to football these days, yet they’re all members and their kids are all North....despite the fact kids at school telling them North will be the Tasmania Kangaroos soon.

I actually quite enjoy how a few posts about playing home games at Arden St genuinely ruffles some Jimmys around here.

One thing I've learned over the years and that is that sarcasm doesn't play in text unless you put a smiley face after it so readers can appreciate that you were taking the piss with the Arden St home games thing. Just a suggestion.

One thing I've learned over the years and that is that sarcasm doesn't play in text unless you put a smiley face after it so readers can appreciate that you were taking the piss with the Arden St home games thing. Just a suggestion.
Cram it JTT

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually quite enjoy how a few posts about playing home games at Arden St genuinely ruffles some Jimmys around here.

Regardless of the election, this needs to be a talking point going forward.

I have watched the A-League collapse into itself for a range of reasons over the last five years (when it was about to go supernova), because head honchos want to play in cavernous shitholes.

I go to 95% of our Melb games (home/away) - usually miss one a year through work - but while I love no lines and the abillity to sit where I want, Docklands is too goddamn big.

Frankly, everyone wants to go to the nightclub with the biggest line. The atmosphere of a packed in ground rules, and there's gotta be a medium term aim to fully explore Arden St or [third Melbourne boutique ground] as an option.

As I have said previously - there's going to be a lot of hurdles and money required from governments, but it needs to be explored.

If Arden Street may be too difficult, we should align ourselves with other Vic clubs and start lobbying for this outcome.

Selling games to Tassie has had a negative effect on growing our Victorian membership
I'd hazard a guess to say that lack of success has had a greater influence.
Regardless of the election, this needs to be a talking point going forward.

I have watched the A-League collapse into itself for a range of reasons over the last five years (when it was about to go supernova), because head honchos want to play in cavernous shitholes.

I go to 95% of our Melb games (home/away) - usually miss one a year through work - but while I love no lines and the abillity to sit where I want, Docklands is too goddamn big.

Frankly, everyone wants to go to the nightclub with the biggest line. The atmosphere of a packed in ground rules, and there's gotta be a medium term aim to fully explore Arden St or [third Melbourne boutique ground] as an option.

As I have said previously - there's going to be a lot of hurdles and money required from governments, but it needs to be explored.

If Arden Street may be too difficult, we should align ourselves with other Vic clubs and start lobbying for this outcome.
Arden St is just not feasible given the outer wing is basically on a road and the other side is now hemmed in by our HQ. We simply don't have the room for any reasonable infrastructure unfortunately.

A 30,000 seater somewhere in Dockland/North Melbourne would be great but given that the AFL now own Docklands I can't see them not funnelling any and all games they can through there to ensure income. It just doesn't make commercial sense for them to build a whole new stadium, nor to enter into a usage agreement if one were to be built without their input. The only way I can see them doing so is if demand for games surpasses their ability to host at the G and Docklands, which again I don't see happening in the current climate.

I'd hazard a guess to say that lack of success has had a greater influence.

Arden St is just not feasible given the outer wing is basically on a road and the other side is now hemmed in by our HQ. We simply don't have the room for any reasonable infrastructure unfortunately.

A 30,000 seater somewhere in Dockland/North Melbourne would be great but given that the AFL now own Docklands I can't see them not funnelling any and all games they can through there to ensure income. It just doesn't make commercial sense for them to build a whole new stadium, nor to enter into a usage agreement if one were to be built without their input. The only way I can see them doing so is if demand for games surpasses their ability to host at the G and Docklands, which again I don't see happening in the current climate.

All of which I've outlined previously, but yes you are likely correct.

Which comes to pragmatism - there is a $20m upgrade happening at Optus Oval to become the home of women's footy.

If someone wanted to organise a little more tipped in there, reckon it would work as the third ground used on occasion.

From 2025, the Metro Tunnel will run through Parkville, which is a 15-20 min walk to the ground.

Plus there is the trams and the Upfield line nearby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back